Not open for further replies.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Haters?!? It was friendly ribbing.

That's how I took it. I don't think anyone here has animosity towards me or our flavors, just some between Flavor 39 and the idea that it mirrors Boba's. It doesn't and I'll make a post clarifying that on our main page.

This is similar but not exact. It hits on 4 of 6 similarity points with Boba's but it is not Boba's. It's a good and smooth tobacco flavor. It also isn't the only new tobacco flavor we are creating, we have more of those on the table getting finalized.

I need to recheck my posts and make sure I haven't led anyone on but this is not a flavor match or flavor replacement for Boba's. Different ingredients make that a reality. What it is is a damn good flavor that is similar in most respects. It doesn't share the color nor an undertone or two with Boba's and that makes all the difference when you are going at it expecting it to be a mirror image.

Flavor 39 has tested well and we've gotten a lot of good feedback but some negative feedback has been with this narrative that it's a mirror or flavor match and I hope I haven't led people to believe that. As I said, I'll post a clarification later and sticky it.

P.S. - Lets tone down the forum battles. We all post smug remarks from time to time and we all channel some Sheldon Cooper at others. We come here to participate in our interests lets do that instead.

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
I consolidated my supplies. I found 15ml of the V1 Boba's Bounty that I got from COV in 2013. I feel like I should freeze this and send it to a museum. Found another 20ml of the v2 stuff (after the grand reopening with the new web site etc) of Boba's which I'll vape on special occasions. And looking through my stash found a full 100ml of Gorilla Juice and just about shat in my pants.

Boba's Bounty and Gorilla Juice were key juices in helping me, my wife, and many of my friends quit smoking.

While I am disappointed in how this whole thing went down and I have no idea if I will like flavor 39 or any of the other new tobacco juices but I will always be grateful to Ben, Christy, and the entire AVE team for making it possible for me to quit the stinkies.

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
So, not to steal Ben's thunder or just in case some folks here don't do the FB.....this just came across on my FB feed: (shortened version of original FB post)

.....we have Simian Slam, Flavor 39 and Chimera’s Call until that time. These three flavors are based upon the older recipes of Boba’s, Gorilla’s and Gryphons, but again are not replacements because they are not exact matches.

.....sale will be for 30% off and last for 5 days. The sale will start on 3-3-2016 midnight PST and last until 3-7-2016 11:59PM PST. Should anyone have problems ordering please let us know ASAP that way we can try to take care of the issue to make sure you are able to get your order in during this promotion.
-----------------------------
Note:
Simian Slam (aka Gorilla)
Flavor 39 (aka Bobas)
Chimera’s Call (aka Gryphon)

Reactions: Jshill520

Jshill520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cumberland, MD
So, not to steal Ben's thunder or just in case some folks here don't do the FB.....this just came across on my FB feed: (shortened version of original FB post)

.....we have Simian Slam, Flavor 39 and Chimera’s Call until that time. These three flavors are based upon the older recipes of Boba’s, Gorilla’s and Gryphons, but again are not replacements because they are not exact matches.

.....sale will be for 30% off and last for 5 days. The sale will start on 3-3-2016 midnight PST and last until 3-7-2016 11:59PM PST. Should anyone have problems ordering please let us know ASAP that way we can try to take care of the issue to make sure you are able to get your order in during this promotion.
-----------------------------
Note:
Simian Slam (aka Gorilla)
Flavor 39 (aka Bobas)
Chimera’s Call (aka Gryphon)
I'm still not seeing it on their website

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
So, not to steal Ben's thunder

I have 'thunder'! You all heard it here!

Hopefully it's good.

I'd say it's good but I'm the salesman so that only goes so far. I hope you find it to be as good as I do (or more). I think it hits that 'something' that splits good juice away from the rest.

Chiwen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Michigan
I got an order in soon as it opened up, used priority handling, hopefully I get it by Monday. That way if I like it I can still use the sale and get a few 100mls, or maybe you guys could extend the sale a day or two.
I'm hoping the same lol. I was a Gorilla Juice Junkie strictly for years, so of course I ordered 100ml of simian slam. It's already shipped, hope to try it and order more if I like it before the sale is over.

Manny

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

AntnyMikal

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
Clarksville, TN, USA
I'm hoping the same lol. I was a Gorilla Juice Junkie strictly for years, so of course I ordered 100ml of simian slam. It's already shipped, hope to try it and order more if I like it before the sale is over.

Manny

I ordered 200ml of Flavor39 and 30ml of SS, shipped out this morning so should get here Monday. I wish the testers would share some opinions, I only heard 4 or 5 opinions and they're all different.

Reactions: BNEAT

Chiwen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Michigan
I ordered 200ml of Flavor39 and 30ml of SS, shipped out this morning so should get here Monday. I wish the testers would share some opinions, I only heard 4 or 5 opinions and they're all different.
I've only seen one so far, he wasn't happy lol. Where did ya see the others?

Reactions: BentWookie

AntnyMikal

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
Clarksville, TN, USA
Scanning through Facebook is where I seen them. 1 not happy, another said it wasn't bb/gj but it was similar and good, another said 39 was pretty close and though different somehow still good.

Either way I know ppl that love Bobas and others who hate it, I even know people who don't like bananas but like gj and and not Bobas.

For me, I just hope it's similar, I've not been able to find anything remotely close. I'll surely post my thoughts after I vape it for a couple hours.

CDATundra

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2010
Idaho
Scanning through Facebook is where I seen them. 1 not happy, another said it wasn't bb/gj but it was similar and good, another said 39 was pretty close and though different somehow still good.

Either way I know ppl that love Bobas and others who hate it, I even know people who don't like bananas but like gj and and not Bobas.

For me, I just hope it's similar, I've not been able to find anything remotely close. I'll surely post my thoughts after I vape it for a couple hours.

Thank you for that!

AntnyMikal

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
Clarksville, TN, USA
No problem. I was searching for hours, didn't really find anything solid, taste is so subjective anyway. I figured I just order enough to last a few months, If I really don't like it to the point where I can't vape it surely someone will like it and I can sell it. But, hopefully it's good and I have to order more.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
taste is so subjective anyway.

Truth. This is why I beta-test, re-test, and test again. Having quality ingredients in this business is fairly easy to make happen, but making sure most people enjoy your new flavor is tricky. E-liquid flavors are like coffee, everyone likes it but they all have a different idea of "the perfect cup". (This concern keeps me up at night)

Jshill520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cumberland, MD
Truth. This is why I beta-test, re-test, and test again. Having quality ingredients in this business is fairly easy to make happen, but making sure most people enjoy your new flavor is tricky. E-liquid flavors are like coffee, everyone likes it but they all have a different idea of "the perfect cup". (This concern keeps me up at night)
Well regardless of whether this steeps well and turns more towards boba's, you know how to mix and I gotta respect you guys for that.

Chiwen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Michigan
I received my order of simian slam today. The smell is definitely similar to what I remember Gorilla Juice smelling like. It's very very close, to me at least. (I've vaped quite alot of Gorilla Juice over the years and consider myself an expert lol). I did stop myself from trying it quite yet and filled up a small bottle that I'll probably sample tomorrow.

I don't want to admit it but I really haven't tried it yet because I'm scared of the possible result. It smells so good, and I want it to taste good too obviously, gj was my go to for so long. Ugh.. I'll man up tomorrow and give it a rip! Lol

Manny

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread