Update on BB, GJ & GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkySS

Nov 23, 2015
Got my flavor 39 yesterday, went old school with it, kayfun monster v2 with a 1.0ohm coil. 2 me it taste just like the 2nd or 3rd version of bobas, maybe it needs a good steep, it's also lighter in color. Tastes kinda bland on inhale, not sweet like I remember. On the exhale there is something in the background that kinda reminds me of boba's but it's very faint. To play the devil's advocate I feel in love with the original bobas right off the cigs so maybe my palettes changed. Not tying to discurage anyone from buying it, just giving my 2 cents

Chiwen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Michigan
Well, I'll start off with saying I am an AVE fan, and have been for a long time.

That being said I did try the simian slam last night. Even though it smells like GJ, it doesn't taste like it, to me. Of course, I didn't expect it to be just like GJ, as Ben said it's not. What I didn't expect was to not like it at all.

As of right now it's actually totally unvapeable for me. It tastes (to me) like vaping banana sweet and sour sauce. I am definitely going to let it sit awhile and revisit it because it does smell very good, maybe as it steeps it'll develop that goodness I'm looking for.

I don't say that with any malice at all, I love Ben and Christy and Co. They gave me an adv in my rotation for a long time. Not gonna like every juice we try no matter who makes it. Hell maybe my pallette has changed after all this time and even if it were GJ itself I wouldn't like it anymore.

Manny

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

MonsterTKE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
Georgia
I got my flavor 39 today, loaded it up in a Kayfun v4 at about 15 watts on a 1.2 ohm coil, which is where I vaped the original at.

I'm sorely disappointed. I can just "kind of" smell Bobas, on vaping I get some not so pleasant grassy notes, a non discernible tobacco flavor, and not much else in the way of underlying flavors. On the exhale, I can "kind of" pick up some notes that were present in the Original, but not enough to even put my finger on. Im going to throw it on the shelf and let it steep for awhile, but unless it does a total 180, I can't see myself ever vaping it again.

This will likely be the end of the road for me on the Bobas bounty adventure, which really pains me to say, I quit smoking on BB, and it was my ADV from mid 2012 onward, with most of that time being the only juice I vaped at all.

sparkySS

Nov 23, 2015
I could be way off on this because I'm no chemist, nor dabbled in diy juice. Would it be possible if ave had some of the original "mystery" flavor base sent to a lab to do a chemical break down of it. Sort of reverse engineering & have another company make it back up? Surely the cost of this would be made up with the profits if orginal boba's came back.

Jshill520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cumberland, MD
I could be way off on this because I'm no chemist, nor dabbled in diy juice. Would it be possible if ave had some of the original "mystery" flavor base sent to a lab to do a chemical break down of it. Sort of reverse engineering & have another company make it back up? Surely the cost of this would be made up with the profits if orginal boba's came back.
We actually checked into this in the clone thread. The lab said they can look for specific elements or chemicals that you tell them to look for. But they can't do an analysis and tell you exactly what's in it if they don't know what to look for. If that makes sense lol. This was also back in 2013 so maybe they could do it today.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
I got my flavor 39 today, loaded it up in a Kayfun v4 at about 15 watts on a 1.2 ohm coil, which is where I vaped the original at.

I'm sorely disappointed. I can just "kind of" smell Bobas, on vaping I get some not so pleasant grassy notes, a non discernible tobacco flavor, and not much else in the way of underlying flavors. On the exhale, I can "kind of" pick up some notes that were present in the Original, but not enough to even put my finger on. Im going to throw it on the shelf and let it steep for awhile, but unless it does a total 180, I can't see myself ever vaping it again.

This will likely be the end of the road for me on the Bobas bounty adventure, which really pains me to say, I quit smoking on BB, and it was my ADV from mid 2012 onward, with most of that time being the only juice I vaped at all.

Throw it in the UC for a couple of hours and then let it steep for a while..sometimes the juice changes dramatically, specially tobacco flavors

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
...good news for me. Your Ultrasonic works with heating and temperature that you have selected ?
Thank you!
I have to heat some water for a few minutes..not to the boiling point though and the vibrations will keep it warm

AnnieP65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
PA, USA
I just ordered the smallest bottle of '39' that AVE carries. Its funny...Boba was my favorite when I began vaping in 2012. In the past week, I've been purchasing all of my '1st loves' because their taste is still fresh in my memory. I can't explain the devastation I felt when I read all of this today on ecf, facebook, and several Google links. I'm sure you've all experienced the loss. I'm just beginning to experience DABDA(the 5 stages of grief). Thank you Ben for the gift of that original Boba. I'm kind of glad I didn't try recent Boba bottles before the legend died. At least I don't have tainted memories. RIP to the king of ALL eliquid flavors!!!

Reactions: T41CK

AnnieP65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
PA, USA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Deleted at OP's request

Startle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
NY, NY
Having been a longtime Boba's consumer (we're talking back in the day when it could take weeks to months to procure some), I am very perplexed by the notion that what I knew to be described as a very simple recipe, has not yet come close to being duplicated - even by the creators of the product themselves.

So the supplier suddenly closed it's doors, AV does not have the suppliers the recipe for the flavor, AV was not given the opportunity to purchase the recipe prior to their closing. Doesn't seem logical but my opinion doesn't have any real insight to the sequence of events that lead to the death of Bobas Bounty.

I still enjoy some of the other AV flavors so will continue to order from them while remaining hopeful that the original Boba's will someday return.

My own personal flavor profile of Bobas is a bold, honey graham tobacco. Full, rich flavor throughout the inhale and exhale and a smooth, perfectly balanced honey graham flavor left on the pallet.

Best of luck to AV for replicating this juice - Definitely one of the best ejuices ever created!

-Vape On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread