Urgent message from Gregory Conley, President of American Vaping Association...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If we'd been activists starting years ago, this FDA BS never would've gotten as far as it has. Now, they're in the process of trying to destroy the industry. Their tyranny is on the Federal register. It's happening. What will it take for you, (and others), to wake up and stop with the passivity?

Passive?

OK... So what are you Suggesting? That we should do a Non-Peaceful Rally?

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Passive?

OK... So what are you Suggesting? That we should do a Non-Peaceful Rally?

That's the most pathetic strawman I've seen in awhile.

Of course I'm not suggesting that. :rolleyes:

Did we hold any rallies back in 2014, (or anytime since), when the framework for this BS was laid? No, we "signed" useless online petitions and prayed that logic and objective science would be enough. That got us nowhere, and it was a mistake. Obviously, we can't change the past, but at this point we need to demonstrate loud and often enough that we cannot be ignored or dismissed anymore.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's the most pathetic strawman I've seen in awhile.

Of course I'm not suggesting that. :rolleyes:

I'm Not Really Sure if you Are or Not?

And I'm Not Really sure How Much you Understand about How we Got Here? Not Knowing who Mr. Conley is and the work he has Done doesn't instill a great deal of Faith that you have Followed this Much.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
I'm Not Really Sure if you Are or Not?

And I'm Not Really sure How Much you Understand about How we Got Here? Not Knowing who Mr. Conley is and the work he has Done doesn't instill a great deal of Faith that you have Followed this Much.

I'm not really sure wth is wrong with someone who continually capitalizes random words throughout his sentences. I know who Conley is and what he's done. It hasn't been enough, and waiting for the "go ahead" from self-appointed officials, (not to mention assuming that demonstrations will be violent without said blessing), before standing up for our rights is idiotic.

I've demonstrated in support of my 2nd Amendment rights several times. Big, "official" rallies are all well and good, but many of those demonstrations were organized by the "grass roots", and we need those too.

I'm not sure you understand how to pressure politicians effectively, so your advice and opinions on this subject mean very little to me.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Protests and rallies are only as effective as the media coverage, spin, they are given.
I don't have much faith in the media regarding our cause, and would it even make the news?
Just my opinion....

That's why it's important that we rally frequently, at both the state and national levels; so we cannot be ignored or "spun" into irrelevance.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
If we'd been activists starting years ago, this FDA BS never would've gotten as far as it has.

Curious, what type of activism would have stopped this " FDA BS from getting as far as it has ", and how do you know this would have been the case ?

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Curious, what type of activism would have stopped this " FDA BS from getting as far as it has ", and how do you know this would have been the case ?

Yeah, ok.. let's waste more time discussing hypotheticals. Actually, let's not.

If you can't look at recent history and see which groups have been effective in defending and advancing their interests, (e.g. local, state, and national gun rights groups, and SJW's, minus the violence leftists love), and how they've done it, then I can't help you.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Yeah, ok.. let's waste more time discussing hypotheticals. Actually, let's not.

If you can't look at recent history and see which groups have been effective in advancing their interests, (e.g. SJW's, minus the violence they're prone to), and how they've done it, then I can't help you.
Nice detailed response, very helpful. Thank You !

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm not really sure wth is wrong with someone who continually capitalizes random words throughout his sentences. I know who Conley is and what he's done. It hasn't been enough, and waiting for the "go ahead" from self-appointed officials, (not to mention assuming that demonstrations will be violent without said blessing), before standing up for our rights is idiotic.

I've demonstrated in support of my 2nd Amendment rights several times. Big, "official" rallies are all well and good, but many of those demonstrations were organized by the "grass roots", and we need those too.

I'm not sure you understand how to pressure politicians effectively, so your advice and opinions on this subject mean very little to me.

Well if you Feel so Strongly that other People are Not Doing Enough, and think that You Know what to Works, why don't you Quit Whining about things and Organize a Rally in your Area?

Please Post a Link in this Thread when you have your Date and Location Set. I would Love to see all the Details.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I'm not here to educate you or waste my time with "what if's". I've got better things to do.
Wait, you are claiming that had we engaged in the type of activism that you espouse, we wouldn't be in the bind we are, yet when asked to provide details, " you aren't here to educate me ", a fellow vaper who would most benefit from your wisdom !?

Reactions: renderwerks

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Wait, you are claiming that had we engaged in the type of activism that you espouse, we wouldn't be in the bind we are, yet when asked to provide details, " you aren't here to educate me ", a fellow vaper who would most benefit from your wisdom !?

The Irony is so Thick you can almost Cut It with a Knife.

LOL

Reactions: Mazinny

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
If we'd been activists starting years ago, this FDA BS never would've gotten as far as it has. Now, they're in the process of trying to destroy the industry. Their tyranny is on the Federal register. It's happening. What will it take for you, (and others), to wake up and stop with the passivity?

Please let us know when you have something organized ... I believe leadership like yours will help :smokie:

Thank you :blink:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
From what i gathered its not time yet for crowds and protests. If all ells fails then there is the time.

While I understand the Call for Restraint - Mob Mentality is not in anyone's - best interest - I do not Believe Yelling FIRE, once the House is leveled, is any good in saving those trapped inside. :facepalm:

Organized Peaceful Protest is an acceptable action to Express ones opinion of oppression.
It is how the Protest is presented, not the action of Protesting.:glare:

Conley, I respectfully disagree with the way you chose to deliver your message.:ohmy:

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands

Are you in southern AZ as well? If not, then specific details of what I propose wouldn't do ya much good, would they? You weren't serious anyway, you wanted to play games, which I've no time for.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
The Irony is so Thick you can almost Cut It with a Knife.

LOL

Still waiting on an answer regarding your bizarre "style" of writing. Is it some affliction similar to dyslexia, or what?

Anyway, when I work out the details of a rally in my area, I'll share em.

Unlike yourself, I'm not content to just sit back and be told what to do and when to do it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread