The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

USA Customs - anyone go through this?

Discussion in 'The GG' started by SAX, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SAX

SAX Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Okay, so I messed up and missed the ordering on the Odysseus. I was able to purchase one from Canada and it was sent on Monday. Went through the Canada Customs with out an issue but it seems to be stuck as it reads this:

Any thoughts?

[TABLE]
    [TR="class: header"]
    Your Label Number
    Service
    Status of Your Item
    Date & Time
    [/TR]

[TR="class: shaded"]
    [TD="class: select"]
    Result 1

[/TD]
    [TD="class: label"]
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: service"]Priority Mail International Parcels

[/TD]
    [TD="class: status"]Processed Through Sort Facility

[/TD]
    [TD="class: date-time"]January 11, 2012, 9:09 am

[/TD]
    [TD="class: location"]ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

[/TD]
    [TD="class: features"]International Parcels

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

2. VPDownunder

VPDownunder Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2010
    Tasmania, Australia
    Knowing USPS the tracking won't be updated any further until it arrives at your door, I go through it all the time. According to their tracking one of mine hasn't moved since it hit the sorting centre on the 7th lol.

3. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    I agree I have a package from the UK that shows it hit customs on the 10th and is still sitting there. I have had packages sit in customs for as long as 2 weeks that I know of that still went through. Give it time and you should be ok I would say.

4. VPDownunder

Jul 1, 2010
    Tasmania, Australia
    Also this time of year customs is still backlogged from christmas/new year.

5. Major

Major Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2011
    Panama City, Florida
    Customs problems? Ha! I have a package sent from the Northeast US Monday and it still hasn't shown up. :?:

I apologize to any of the hard working USPS employees trhat don't deserve the slap but the USPS is claiming billions (It may be just hundreds of millions) in income versus outgo. I hate to sound all conspiritorial but I feel their help is competent but the "powers that be" in the USPS are trying to demonstrate a need for increased revenue or reduced services.

6. Serpent67

Serpent67 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    I have had stuff still not show up in mail for seven years.

No sympathy for usps from me. :glare:

7. Hrathor

Hrathor Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2011
    Canton, MI
    I just think they are trying to prove they need to get shut down, personally. I average a package delivery every other day. In 5 weeks I had to go pick up a package from the post office 3 times. If I'm not standing at the mailbox when the mail carrier comes by, I don't get my package. If they are too lazy to knock on my door for a $20 delivery fee, I don't need their service. Granted there are a lot of hard workers, but if they can't monitor the lazy ones, they shouldn't be in business. UPS and FedEx seem to get it right every time. Unfortunately every vendor in the vaping industry wants to use the USPS.

8. VPDownunder

Jul 1, 2010
    Tasmania, Australia
    UPS and FedEx are way too expensive when ordering from outside the country of origin, say it's 6 bottles of juice that costs $10 shipping international via usps, the same via usp or fedex will be well over the $100 mark.

9. 10mmshooter

10mmshooter Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2011
    WA
    The tracking does get weird sometimes. I have had 2 packages show up even though tracking shows them in another state.

10. Shaitaan

Shaitaan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Syracuse, NY
    yea at one time, they werent bad with the updates....but the longer it's been around online, the tracking updates at the USPS site gets worse and worse....I've had quite a few packages arrive, and they still werent updated for another day afterwards lol...

11. Shaitaan

Jul 8, 2011
    Syracuse, NY
    I tend to believe they aren't automatic, and they are updated by some peon working in a cubicle somewhere :p my 2 cents

12. Serpent67

Serpent67 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    I think some areas worse than others too. I have great mail here, no probs. Updates good and package arrive when say it will.

Fishkill mail was terrible. Lost for 7 years like I said before, go off radar for a week to appear out of thin air. Frustrating.

I believe too, lazy people are mostly to blame.

13. Shaitaan

Jul 8, 2011
    Syracuse, NY
    very true bro...I agree to all of it

14. Yakster

Yakster Full Member Verified Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Australia
    They are already working on increasing the revenue, but shifting it to other people.
    This is from the Australia Post website. They now state that there will be 48 hour delay.
    Here in Australia (& NZ) due to the bio restrictions (plants animals etc) we are used to reasonably long delays for customs even when flying in person.

"Due to heightened border protection and increased aviation security measures introduced by the US Government applying to inbound freight, there is likely to be delays of around 48 hours to parcels being sent to the US. These new security measures have increased cost implications associated with screening and transport, and as a result a $9 surcharge will be imposed on all parcels over 500g (16 ounces) destined for the US.

This surcharge has been introduced solely to cover the costs of the revised security arrangements required by the United States, and Australia Post does not profit from the surcharge."

Yak.
    Yak, Bright, Early <-- Pick any TWO!

15. SAX

Sep 11, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Thanks Guy's.....looks like nothing I can do but just wait :mad: I made an order with Bruce at COV and got my order in two days..........so I have my supplies...just need the "hardware"

16. Vaporologist

Vaporologist Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 26, 2010
    Epic Journey
    Something important to understand is the the USPS "tracking" is really not tracking, it's Delivery Confirmation. The way I see it is that any tracking updates I actually do get are just a bonus.

17. sodapopinski

sodapopinski Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2011
    Montreal
    The other way around, when a package is sent from the US to me in Canada, tracking stops when it reaches the canadian border, as USPS doesnt keep track of mail within the canadian postal service.

18. alvinosj

alvinosj Moved On ECF Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Singapore, Tampines
    no worries, that update appears to my shipment often too.

19. SAX

Sep 11, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Well, I got excited yesterday when I saw this: then I remembered today MLK day :( Maybe tomorrow

Your Label Number Service Status of Your Item Date & Time Location Features
    Result 1
    Priority Mail International Parcels
    Processed through USPS Sort Facility
    January 15, 2012, 2:13 pm
    AUSTIN, TX 78710
    International Parcels

Processed Through Sort Facility
    January 11, 2012, 9:09 am
    ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Processed Through Sort Facility