USA Customs - anyone go through this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Austin, TX
Okay, so I messed up and missed the ordering on the Odysseus. I was able to purchase one from Canada and it was sent on Monday. Went through the Canada Customs with out an issue but it seems to be stuck as it reads this:

Any thoughts?

Result 1

Priority Mail International Parcels

Processed Through Sort Facility

January 11, 2012, 9:09 am

ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

International Parcels

Your Label Number
Service
Status of Your Item
Date & Time

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
Customs problems? Ha! I have a package sent from the Northeast US Monday and it still hasn't shown up. :?:

I apologize to any of the hard working USPS employees trhat don't deserve the slap but the USPS is claiming billions (It may be just hundreds of millions) in income versus outgo. I hate to sound all conspiritorial but I feel their help is competent but the "powers that be" in the USPS are trying to demonstrate a need for increased revenue or reduced services.

Hrathor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Canton, MI
Customs problems? Ha! I have a package sent from the Northeast US Monday and it still hasn't shown up. :?:

I apologize to any of the hard working USPS employees trhat don't deserve the slap but the USPS is claiming billions (It may be just hundreds of millions) in income versus outgo. I hate to sound all conspiritorial but I feel their help is competent but the "powers that be" in the USPS are trying to demonstrate a need for increased revenue or reduced services.

I just think they are trying to prove they need to get shut down, personally. I average a package delivery every other day. In 5 weeks I had to go pick up a package from the post office 3 times. If I'm not standing at the mailbox when the mail carrier comes by, I don't get my package. If they are too lazy to knock on my door for a $20 delivery fee, I don't need their service. Granted there are a lot of hard workers, but if they can't monitor the lazy ones, they shouldn't be in business. UPS and FedEx seem to get it right every time. Unfortunately every vendor in the vaping industry wants to use the USPS.

Yakster

Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Australia

They are already working on increasing the revenue, but shifting it to other people.
This is from the Australia Post website. They now state that there will be 48 hour delay.
Here in Australia (& NZ) due to the bio restrictions (plants animals etc) we are used to reasonably long delays for customs even when flying in person.

"Due to heightened border protection and increased aviation security measures introduced by the US Government applying to inbound freight, there is likely to be delays of around 48 hours to parcels being sent to the US. These new security measures have increased cost implications associated with screening and transport, and as a result a $9 surcharge will be imposed on all parcels over 500g (16 ounces) destined for the US.

This surcharge has been introduced solely to cover the costs of the revised security arrangements required by the United States, and Australia Post does not profit from the surcharge."

Yak.
Yak, Bright, Early <-- Pick any TWO!

SAX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Austin, TX
Well, I got excited yesterday when I saw this: then I remembered today MLK day :( Maybe tomorrow

Your Label Number Service Status of Your Item Date & Time Location Features
Result 1
Priority Mail International Parcels
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
January 15, 2012, 2:13 pm
AUSTIN, TX 78710
International Parcels

January 11, 2012, 9:09 am
ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment