Uses for Butter Mint

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Update: did some quick and dirty taste tests... (in order, best to worst)
1. peanut butter banana (actually very good!)
2. lemon (with a bit of vanilla custard) best of the fruits
3. berry mix (works very well)
4. mango peach (seemed like it was fighting with the mint)
5. vanilla butter nut (needed something... kinda boring)
Partial cred it to Atty Pops for suggesting peanut butter
Going to try a few more tomorrow: RY4, vanilla custard and green apple (candy) Can't stand green apple myself (prefer apple pie) but who knows... didn't think peanut better banana would be so good ;)
Side note: also tested my french toast and apple pie with FA cinnamon ceylon... worked great! Very subtle.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Will have to wait to do more taste tests... have a bad cold. I just tried Hangsens RY1 (actually mixed stronger than suggested)... nothing. Added a few drops directly in the tank... still nothing. Drank some cheap "sweet red" wine (gift from a neighbor)... nothing. Finally, my most flavorful juice (mango peach cake)... nothing. Might as well switch to unflavored for a few days.

Reactions: newyork13

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
So, is the buttermint peppermint, or is there spearmint in it, too? I can't stand spearmint for some reason it tastes like soap to me. You have me excited to try it if it's just peppermint!

I think they're all the derived from mint extracts, but I'm just guessing. Since I didn't put much thought into it there is a 50/50 chance I am right.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
It's peppermint. Doesn't seem as "hot" because of the butter and a bit of creme... that's why I like it. I don't really like spearmint either (except actual leaves in iced tea) I wish I had some dark chocolate to try with it (actually, I've never tried any chocolate flavors... keep forgetting it) I don't have much to work with, and can only make small orders (very low budget) but have my methods down and not afraid to try new things!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
So, is the buttermint peppermint, or is there spearmint in it, too? I can't stand spearmint for some reason it tastes like soap to me. You have me excited to try it if it's just peppermint!
Tastes like a Brach's buttermint to me, even has that lovely velvety texture the real mints do.

Reactions: misswish1

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I'm back! Over the cold... have my sense of smell and taste again so finished the taste testings. Here's the results (from best to worst)
1. Vanilla custard (works great with the butter mint)
2. RY4 (it's mostly caramel/vanilla... interesting combo)
3. Pear/melons (a natural for mint)
4. Lemon (I'm thinking this and the vanilla custard would be great)
5. Green apple (seems to work well)
6. White grape (didn't go well together)
I have some Berry mix but didn't have any mixed... should go great with the butter mint. Next time I order flavors, getting dark chocolate to try also. This was a fun and interesting journey. I really recommend Purilum Butter Mint to anyone looking for a smooth creamy mint.

Reactions: Letitia

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I did get some! And I love it! It is now in my rotation, mixed more today. I also did a sampler with some cocoa, see how it goes.

My Cocoamint Swirl :
50ml bottle
1ml Cap Hot Cocoa
1/2ml Pur Butter Mint
1/2ml cap graham cracker
1ml Cap Vanilla Cupcake
1ml TFA Vanilla Swirl

I've mixed up 4 bottles of this so far :)

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I had to try it... butter mint with cinnamon (FA cinnamon ceylon) Not that it was really bad but the two just "clash"... kinda fighting each other. So... since the peanut butter banana worked so well, I put some in the tank with what was left... not bad at all (won't be doing that regular though) I didn't get a chocolate but am getting a pre-made "Smores" so will try that next. As much as I like coffee in real life, I doubt I will getting any (I just vape juices that go well with my morning coffee) but suspect butter mint would work well with a "mocha". Overall, it seems to work well with fruits (except grape and green apple... but I don't like those anyway) Goes really well with melons (and lemon)
classwife, going to try your recipe (substituting what I have including the smores I'm getting) Eventually will get the proper flavors (I already know I'm going to like it)

Reactions: misswish1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread