Using the Panasonic CGR18650CH 2250 batt in the Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well warranty is already gone so not worried about that I just ment what could it do that would cause issues.

I don't have a clue but I'm sure someone will be along that can tell you. I've only had mine for 3 days so my experience is limited even though I'm IN LOVE with that thing..........

Krystm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Arlington, TX
Well what I know about electronics the only thing I could think of is maybe magnetic interference since it is a circuit board... but that's kinda out there. Then their I guess is a possible spring issue but I test fitted one and there was no extra resistance screwing on the end cap and appears to work just fine. But someone that is doing it or has or know someone or horror stories any of that I welcome as I love information!

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
I've been using the panny's for months and they're great batts. If you look on Orbtronics there is a specific model that is wrapped with a button top that they (even though Provape doesn't) they recommend for Provari. I used to use the 3100mAh in my Lavatube and tried them in the Provari (there is a high drain 3100mAh that has. 8.5amp draw) but its too big (cap won't go on all the way) so I gave them to my nephew with the LT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
It seems that they are quite a bit longer than the aw imr's? I finally got a couple of the button top variety. They work alright and they certainly go a very long time. I just found that I can't fully screw on the end cap, well maybe I could but I'm not comfortable doing it as it seems as if it would be pressing very hard against the top connector if I did so. Anyone else find this to be true, and if so what did you do to accommodate the increased length?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Panasonic is a good battery and the IMR seems to be a great choice for the Provari

AWIMR2000vPanasonic.jpg

Just judging from this graphic, both batteries start dropping at the 3.4v mark, which is where my Provari starts blinking its light to tell me to change the battery. Up to that point, the batteries appear equal. What's the point?

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Just judging from this graphic, both batteries start dropping at the 3.4v mark, which is where my Provari starts blinking its light to tell me to change the battery. Up to that point, the batteries appear equal. What's the point?

Although I can't find it on the Provape site, I seem to remember that the Provari will continue to work until the battery drops below 3.4v. On mine, I've had it reading 3.4v for 30 minutes to an hour before the button starts blinking. I don't know how the rounding calculation is made within its circuit, so at what point between 3.5v and 3.4v it's deciding to show 3.4v is beyond me.

The chart does show that the panny holds above the 3.4v mark longer, so if the battery has the amperage rating needed for the Provari and the price is competitive, I just don't see a reason not to use them. I currently have the AW batteries, but I'll be looking into these Panasonics when my AWs need replacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread