USP Glycerine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katiemarie71730

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
Arkansas
First, mix a bit of distilled water into your glycerin (I personally use a 1:6 water to glycerin ratio). Next, you would need to mix the glycerin/water mix into your liquid.

the ratio breaks down like this: 36mg base:glycerin water mix e.g.

1:1 mix = 18mg

OK thanks but can you explain that ratio in say ml's? Also how much flavor am I going to loose?

katiemarie71730

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
Arkansas
Ok I found the distilled water and ML measuring syringe. I got some small bottles from the dollar store a 5 pack of glitter in bottles and washed the glitter out. I will be making 5 ml batches at a time so how much 36 mg e-liquid (marlboro flavored), usp glycerin and distilled water for simple 5 ml batches? My target is 18 mg 5 ml batches.

katiemarie71730

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
Arkansas
Well i got my stuff in and mixed one bottle to test it. I mixed a 20 ml bottle of 36 mg Ex-high Marlboro flavor e-juice 50/50 with my glycerin 6 to water 1 or 6:1. Thats say 1 ml of distilled water for every 6 ml of glycerin. It made 40 ml of 18 mg Marlboro flavored e-juice but for some reason its not making a lot of vapor? Checked the batteries and my attys they are perfect. It's just not producing enough vapor. I tested this with the clear e-liquid tube from a EC502A Cart in my 702 cart and it produced a decent amount of vapor. So this confirms its something with my mixture.

Lumiis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2009
London, Kentucky

Darmeen

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
TX USA
Well i got my stuff in and mixed one bottle to test it. I mixed a 20 ml bottle of 36 mg Ex-high Marlboro flavor e-juice 50/50 with my glycerin 6 to water 1 or 6:1. Thats say 1 ml of distilled water for every 6 ml of glycerin. It made 40 ml of 18 mg Marlboro flavored e-juice but for some reason its not making a lot of vapor? Checked the batteries and my attys they are perfect. It's just not producing enough vapor. I tested this with the clear e-liquid tube from a EC502A Cart in my 702 cart and it produced a decent amount of vapor. So this confirms its something with my mixture.

Depending on how thick your VG is, you may not need to cut it with the distilled water...I would try making a smaller batch with just your pre-flavored juice and VG doing a 50/50 mix and see how that goes...you don't want to blow your stock of premade juice.

Also, since you are cutting your premade in half, your taste from that premade will also be in half, but the VG will add a little sweetness, so it is not going to taste like the original.

Slighter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Chicago Illinois
I'm in a Chicago burb and cannot find any vg other than the 2oz wiltons. I have tried everywhere cvs, walgreens, walmart, gnc etc..., nothing. (Same goes with the Lorann's). I'll try asking to order at walgreens tomorrow, or order online. I just find it hard to believe in such a large market none is available retail. (off topic: all the blue foam is sold out also, 8 pet stores)

Timbrin

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
I bought a 250ml bottle of Kosher Vegetable Glycerine from an Ebay seller in the UK.

Glycerine / Glycerol Food Grade ( Kosher ) - 250ml on eBay (end time 26-Dec-09 10:34:31 GMT)

Im using a PS USBPass and I mix it about 70/30 with Propylene Glycol, after 2 months I still have nearly a full bottle of VG.

My question is how long will it last before it goes off and how can I tell when it has gone bad and I need to throw it away.

There is no use by date on the bottle.

Vapor_Happy

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Indiana, U.S.
has anybody experienced physical side effects of their glycerine? I've been using strictly PG and when i tried the glycerine usp from cvs (note that I didnt cut it with water which i probably should have) i felt like it made my body temperature heat up and i felt funny. i will try thinning it out with some distilled water, but i'm still unsure of why some ppl feel side effects and others don't seem to. any info would be good, thanks

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
I got Swan USP glycerin from Target. I had to go back to the pharmacy and ask if they had it. They pulled it off of one of the shelves in the back of the pharmacy.

Swan label Glycerine, USP has been verified to possible contain animal tallow(bovine or porcine) source Glycerine. I will have an authoritative thread on Glycerine/PG(grading, labeling, etc...) coming out within the next week or so.

Reactions: Racehorse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread