USP Glycerine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I'm in a Chicago burb and cannot find any vg other than the 2oz wiltons. I have tried everywhere cvs, walgreens, walmart, gnc etc..., nothing. (Same goes with the Lorann's). I'll try asking to order at walgreens tomorrow, or order online. I just find it hard to believe in such a large market none is available retail. (off topic: all the blue foam is sold out also, 8 pet stores)

Wilton's is fine and is the same as Humco Glycerin.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
has anybody experienced physical side effects of their glycerine? I've been using strictly PG and when i tried the glycerine usp from cvs (note that I didnt cut it with water which i probably should have) i felt like it made my body temperature heat up and i felt funny. i will try thinning it out with some distilled water, but i'm still unsure of why some ppl feel side effects and others don't seem to. any info would be good, thanks

I would never add distilled water or any kind of water to Glycerin.

I believe that too much Glycerin caused gum and mouth pain for me, due to the sweetness in it. Eating too many Sweet Tarts also caused the same kind of gum pain for me a few years ago. I've decreased the amount of Glycerin I add to my liquids from 33% down to about 5 to 10%, but I'm still experimenting with the percentage that I like the best. The liquids I buy are all mostly 100% PG and strong flavors.

Last edited:

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I usually use Natures Answer 100% VG, but would walmart's Humco usp glycerin be a better choice?
I did buy a bottle of Swan usp glycerin, but I'm not sure I want to use it (says external use only).

They're all the same, as stated in markarich159's message:

"All OTC glycerine, USP is made by 1 single manufacturer, HUMCO. It is then contract packaged into the different pharmacy labeled bottles. I've personally called HUMCO and spoke with their QA(quality assurance) person. He assured me that HUMCO's Glycerine is in fact Vegetable source Glycerine."

CGProg

Aug 8, 2010
US
Glad to have found this thread. Found the Glycerine at Wal-Mart. Had a time with it for a couple of days, trying to get the consistency right. At first way too thick, tried the distilled water, got it way too watery. Was trying to be slick and eyeball the thickness compared with my e-juice. Luckily I got two bottles of Glycerine so was finally able to get it right. Glad I was hoarding my 5ml empty e-juice bottles to mix in. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread