The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Usps

Discussion in 'MyVape' started by SmokingRT, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SmokingRT

SmokingRT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2010
    YIPEE!!! Home at last
    I hate the USPS....can I get an AMEN? When I am not sure what I want they get my shipment here in 2 days.....when I am desperatley waiting for something they take 4...... WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean I love you USPS please bring my stuff tomorrow

2. Nomoreash

Nomoreash Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    I'm adding FedEx to the list. After years successfully delivering to my house, usually multiple times a week they suddenly decide today they can't find my house anymore.

3. badkolo

badkolo ECF Guru ECF Veteran

all of them fedex usps and dhl have turned to crap in the last 4 months but hopefully they will get better

4. daisyd

daisyd Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2010
    Az
    *Knocks every piece of wood within reach* So far I have been very impressed with the speed of the mail lately. Of course I had a moment of panic this morning when I saw my package from you guys coming from NY. I thought y'all were in TX.

5. pineappledan

pineappledan Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    Dartmouth
    danno is in Texas, but badkolo is in ny...along with the playhouse of supplies. sweet for me I live in mass. yea, I'm a mass-hole, but I only hate Rhode Islanders. they're the worse drivers in the world

6. arjay55

arjay55 Super Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2010
    - ɹəpun uʍop -
    If you guys are having trouble with the USPS for 'local' deliveries I guess I maybe having another birthday before my shipment arrives here in OZ (hehe). Ah well, at least it will give the nectar time to steep, so that's a good thing - right? {:>)

7. Storm0075

Storm0075 Full Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Eljton, MD
    I was supposed to have my order 2 days ago....it is still in transit :(

8. SmokingRT

SmokingRT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2010
    YIPEE!!! Home at last
    Storm my heart goes out to you for your wait. Hang in there!!!

9. redheadone

redheadone Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2011
    North Carolina
    I swear I think the USPS stays on pernament vacation or have teenagers running the mail service What should take two or three days winds up taking four or five. That or they don't even bother to scan the packages so I can track my order.

10. Dirgon

Dirgon Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

USPS is rather slow, but at least, in my area, they are consistent and they do actually get the packages to my door. Some days, though, our delivery is 10AM, others it's 5PM. The latter always occurs when I'm waiting for something new and shiny. -_-; It just irks me that they update their tracking sooooo slowly, and they make my packages sit in a Hazlewood sort facility (Their last stop before heading to my local post office) for a day or longer every time.

FedEx around here is absolutely TERRIBLE. Not only are they slow nation wide in transit, I've complained about every single package I've ever gotten from them in the past few years, and have had to physically go pick them up from the sort facility because the drivers don't knock, they just stick notes to the door. I know they don't knock, because I have a dog who likes to yell at people who knock, and she's never barked. Hell, she hears the mailmain/lady opening the mailbox.

That said, UPS is amazing. They're consistently fast, I get packages that are within 4-5 states either direction usually in a day or two. I get packages from either coast (Florida, New York, Cali) within 3 days, every time. UPS makes me happy to live in the midwest.

11. Storm0075

Storm0075 Full Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Eljton, MD
    I got my package!!! I got my package!!! My stuff is at home and I am at work though :( Oh well...I can see it tonight.

12. MsBree

MsBree Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2010
    New Jersey
    Nothing worse....especially on a Friday!!!!!!

13. Storm0075

Storm0075 Full Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Eljton, MD
    i am finally going to get to try Gummy Bears. I keep hearing so much about it. And I ordered Dew since I am not supposed to be drinking my fav drink right now I figure I can taste it another way :)

14. daisyd

May 24, 2010
    Az
    I'm crossing my fingers for tomorrow. Although if the tracking update is to be believed it is still in NY. :rolleyes: I'm hoping when I check it tomorrow morning it will have gone through PHX before midnight. That seems to be the cutoff for it to get up the hill the same night. I already have one I was hoping would be here today, but it didn't hit the hub in time...

15. dannoman

dannoman Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2010
    Sugar Land, Texas USA
    I was a 14 year veteran of the USPS so I might be able to give some good insight of what happens there. I used to program the carrier routes for the city of Cincinnati.

First and foremost the employees there are incredibly dedicated lot. What they do and provide for this country dates back before the Consitution. They are a not-for-profit organization that is quasi-governmental. They exist solely on their revenues. The past decade or so their coffers and revenue stream is constantly invaded by Congessional action for the general budget.

I say this because I really want people to understand what we have before the buffoons in Washington ruin what we have for political reasons and we find ourselves suddenly with a decimated Postal Service and we are paying the private interests triple the amount. The fact that you can mail a letter anywhere in the USA for 44 cents including Hawaii and Alaska is an incredible service for our citizenry. The fact that you can get reliable (for the most part) Priority Mail package service to anywhere in the USA for five bucks is again something we would miss. And they do this on their own revenue stream, they are not taxpayer subsidized.

More specifically their tracking system does need upgraded and they are working with FedEX to do that as we speak. Oftentimes you will see trackign shows a package at it origination for a few days then suddenly it appears at your door. This might happen because of aforementioned need to automate their trackign stream in tighter fashion. What happens now is there are no 'scanning' depots. Items are hand scanned and if an employee misses a scan on its route to you you actually won't see an update until it says DELIVERED.

Corporate interests would love nothing better for the time-honored USPS to fail, they are licking their chops. Support YOUR USPS folks : )

16. daisyd

May 24, 2010
    Az
    I know it's not in NY still. I actually have no complaints about USPS. I do wish there was more than one hub in my state as my paycheck, if mailed from thirty mintues south of me one day, will not show up for two days (which is how long boxes from NC take too). But the fact that boxes show up from NC faster than I could reasonably drive there is pretty impressive.

17. dannoman

Oct 22, 2010
    Sugar Land, Texas USA
    I love how they still have Saturday delivery but Congressional raiding of their coffers has them rethinkign that >.>

18. daisyd

May 24, 2010
    Az
    I have to wonder how that is even possible...I mean, it seems like that would be some kid of misappropriation of funds or something.

19. dannoman

Oct 22, 2010
    Sugar Land, Texas USA
    No they have authority in public hearings to appropriate, raid the kitty, however you want to put it. They do it all the time to the Social Security Trust Fund.

20. sidetrack

sidetrack Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2011
    among the sea shells
    Try waiting for a pkg from China(1 month). Now I NEVER complain about a day or two extra for domestic carriers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.