The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Usps

Discussion in 'MyVape' started by SmokingRT, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SmokingRT

SmokingRT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2010
    YIPEE!!! Home at last
    Danno I did not mean to bring down the thunder.... I respect the postal workers. I just get irritated when waiting. I know that most of the postal carriers work hard and from what I hear it is manglement that is the problem. I have been told when you give under educated people power it does not go well.

Those political SOBs they may not take saturday away. Why must they be so selfish. You may have noticed I can not stnad politics.

2. dannoman

dannoman Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2010
    Sugar Land, Texas USA
    haha! nooo...I love this thread...as an ex-postal employee I still have ties there and always consider myself still as an employee lol...I love any chance I can to kind of relate my beefs with that I feel some of these corporate interests are trying to do as well as the politicians...

I did want to let everyone know they they ARE trying to take away Saturday delivery...

3. daisyd

daisyd Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2010
    Az
    Not USPS specifically, but how long does customs *usually* take? My flavoring from China hit customs this morning (much faster than I had anticipated. I ordered Tuesday, the got it out Wednesday, and now it's in the states.)

4. SmokingRT

Nov 20, 2010
    YIPEE!!! Home at last
    OK I just have one question..... why in the name of all that is good an holy would my package stop in Cleveland OH last night. I am getting very antsy and I want my stuff NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Amy41996

Amy41996 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Vape in, Vape Out, breath...Vape in, Vape Out, breath,,,,,good,,,continue

6. SmokingRT

Nov 20, 2010
    YIPEE!!! Home at last
    thank God you were stalking me i almost passed out

7. Amy41996

:facepalm:

stalking is an art u see and u are not suppose to always know u are being stalked

8. P-Dub

P-Dub Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Santa Rita,GU, USA
    I have to tell you all, for the price and the speed I will only try and go USPS. It bothers me that I don't have choices sometimes and I have to get it UPS or FedX. FedX is the worst and they will do anything not to have to ring the doorbell. I literally caught the FedX driver just leave a note and not knock or ring the bell, Twice! UPS is about the same speed as the USPS at twice the cost.
    I will try and avoid suppliers that don't offer USPS. The only trouble that I have with USPS is that I live on Fir St and sometimes it goes to a nonexistent First address. Go figure!

9. Amy41996

10000% agree

10. SmokingRT

Nov 20, 2010
    YIPEE!!! Home at last
    I actually like and appreciate the usps just sometimes get frustrated with their tracking system.

11. pineappledan

pineappledan Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    Dartmouth
    I got a few female rural route deliverers and the one thing you gotta watch out for is postal gossip! it's like INCOMING!!!!!! they always tell me about the horror stories with shipping and never to get insurance on something you can't replace, marked with a fragile sticker. they used the fragile boxes for soccer practice until one guy kicked a box and ended up with broken glass through his foot lol!

12. dannoman

Oct 22, 2010
    Sugar Land, Texas USA
    Worked for the PO for 14 years and alot of that is urban myth...I never ONCE saw a fellow employee do anything like that...seriously...not saying the rural carrier might not have seen it its just I never saw it and I worked at the main processing plant where these packages were handled. Rural carriers are hired right off the street to work as carriers so not sure of their actual experience unless they saw that at their own rural station...

13. Stevew443

Stevew443 Super Member ECF Veteran

My main beef (and it is with rural carriers) is the fact that I have to sort the mail when they deliver it. I live in a rural development and we have one central area for the mail delivery (about 1/4 mile from my house). I can open my mail box and find mail for every one in the development, except for me. I once had the box filled so full that I could barely get any of the mail out and not one piece was for me. I had everyone elses mail. It has happened enough that we keep a basket by the mail boxes to place mis-delivered mail into and we check that every day.

14. dannoman

Oct 22, 2010
    Sugar Land, Texas USA
    You ought to call the station...someone looks like they are dumping for lack of time...rural carriers aren't necessarily full-blown career employees. They are brought in (or at least they used to be) as sort of a part-time regular, not guaranteed on hours, etc...

15. Stevew443

Stevew443 Super Member ECF Veteran

I just let things like that slide most of the time. There are enough hot heads in the development who make a big stink over any minor problem, so I let them fight the battles that I don't have the energy to take on. Besides, if they are fighting the USPS, then they are not after me for not having my flower beds in perfect shape.

16. MissP

MissP Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I am out in rural area... I have a deal with my neighbors... we walk each others mail back to the correct homes... LOL Other than always being a day behind, our post office is pretty good. Its only when they use subs to deliver that we have any issues :)

My package was in Nashville as of 10pm last night.... I am 3 hours from there... maybe today? maybe? LOL

17. pineappledan

pineappledan Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    Dartmouth
    no over here they're full employees. my friend's been there 21 years now. I'd always work on her right hand drive subaru and she got an allowance for gas and maitainence. I went to auto zone and got lifetime breaks once, and every 3 months needed new ones! no they've come a long way ever since they went broke and a lot of those childish employees got the can but providence sort facility was kinda brutal for a while.

18. dannoman

Oct 22, 2010
    Sugar Land, Texas USA
    lol steve...

19. dannoman

Oct 22, 2010
    Sugar Land, Texas USA
    My sister is a rural carrier but got a 'promotion' to regular rural carrier...i also have two brothers who are regular city carriers...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.