Uwell Crown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Does anyone have experience with the 1.2 coils? What wattages are you liking best? I've only seen them mentioned once in this thread and the discussion got instantly derailed and not much on Reddit.

I was thinking that 1.2 in steel might be a similar vape to a 0.5 kanthal because of the higher power needed.

I use 1.2ohm coils. I vape at 30watts.

Reactions: Fullknight

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
Well speaking of longevity I have some Ni coils that won't die. Been vaping on them for months.

Indeed Crown has been good to me this year. Between this tank and the Magnus from Vapeston I can't imagine needing more.
I don't know. For me, the Ni coils are not very good in the Crown. Much prefer the. 25 SS. The Ni coils just seem to deliver a very weak vape no matter what mod I use. For Ni coils, the Starre Pro wins hands down for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
Well speaking of longevity I have some Ni coils that won't die. Been vaping on them for months.

Indeed Crown has been good to me this year. Between this tank and the Magnus from Vapeston I can't imagine needing more.
@sd3614 - just curious, what tank are you running the Crown with Ni coils? And what do you have your temp and wattage set to?

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
@sd3614 - just curious, what tank are you running the Crown with Ni coils? And what do you have your temp and wattage set to?

Reuleaux DNA200 and the same coils that I have not changed used to be on a Hohm Wrecker 151.

Current settings are 150 watts TC, 580F, very brief pre-heat.

I'm also playing with a FreeMaz Scylla, it looks pretty cool. Starre has finally got the top fill right on this one without leaking and "vape mode" crap.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
580? Wow! I have been running it at 540 and thought that was too high. Will bump up to see if it helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yes and remember this is not a new coil, I think I started at 550/560 in the beginning. After a week or so it has been 580F (Actually higher when I used the Hohm Wrecker).

Covers

Feb 14, 2011
Toronto
Just a weird update/? I have an Xvostick DNA 40, which will only accept tanks 23mm and under. I was bummed because the Crown wouldn't fit because of the airflow control ring. I got to wondering if the airflow control ring could be removed (I like it wide open anyhow). Then I forgot about that thought. I went take the base off yesterday to put in a new coil, and lo and behold, the base just below the AFC came off, allowing me to remove the AFC ring, put in the new coil, and put it all back together, sans AFC ring. YAY me!!!! I did manage to lose the small spring that keeps the stainless steel ball bearing in place-guess I will have to pick up the V2 when available-YAY me again!!!!

Hi Just wondering how the base came apart? Did unscrew or is it like pushed in? I'm trying to remove mine now to fit my xvo. Tia

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Jonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Pennsylvania
Covers, I'm not exactly sure as mine came apart inadvertently. But I think you need to get a very good grip on the knurled part of the base and unscrew the bottom part from that. I will look through my posts on the Xvostick thread and copy and paste there. If you can't get it apart, let me know and I will send you my old base in exchange for your base, if you want.

Covers

Feb 14, 2011
Toronto
Covers, I'm not exactly sure as mine came apart inadvertently. But I think you need to get a very good grip on the knurled part of the base and unscrew the bottom part from that. I will look through my posts on the Xvostick thread and copy and paste there. If you can't get it apart, let me know and I will send you my old base in exchange for your base, if you want.
Hi Jonner,

Thanks for your reply, that would be great only problem is my base is black and I'm not sure if you are ok with. In addition I live in toronto so that could be an issue for you. I've tried unscrewing the base just below the ring however it won't budge. I've also tried to pull it off but no go. Looks like the only method is to drill it off as per another poster here or Dremel. Really bummed cause I thought it be easier than this lol. Thabks again for your help.

Jonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Pennsylvania
Black I'm ok with, shipping to Toronto not so much, lol. I would either dremel it or get a pair of pliers on both parts (with stubborn lid pad or rubber band under pliers to protect), and twist in opposite directions to separate. I was just trying to take my base off for cleaning when it came apart accidentally so I'm surprised you are having such a tough time with it.

Covers

Feb 14, 2011
Toronto
Black I'm ok with, shipping to Toronto not so much, lol. I would either dremel it or get a pair of pliers on both parts (with stubborn lid pad or rubber band under pliers to protect), and twist in opposite directions to separate. I was just trying to take my base off for cleaning when it came apart accidentally so I'm surprised you are having such a tough time with it.
No worries I will continue to try with the rubber pliers. It sounds like it could work if I had one on each end turning In opposite directions. I previously just used pliers and held the other end firm with my hand didn't budge. Will definitely give this ago, Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread