V4L crew ? about shipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I'm not sure if this question has ever been asked. I am wondering if you guys will ever offer ups or fedex services. Just curious cuz I am a bit of a ups fan. usps not so much anything that is government run is doomed to not work correctly.
A ups fan? really? thats kinda scary...
I've worked for both in my past and I'd trust the USPS way more as far as my packages arriving in one piece, or at least intended working order.. Package treatment in a UPS hub can be a scary scary thing (man the things I've seen...just wow)

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
I gotta rise to the defense of USPS. It's probably the best postal system in the world, as well as the cheapest. Probably the only example I can think of of a well run government system, and light years better than a wholly private postal system would be for the average citizen. Free enterprise is superior for many many things, but let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

yrean

Dec 21, 2009
Chicago
I didnt mean to say usps wasnt better then the others overall. I just meant that they all have some problems. The machinery I work on and program, deals directly with the post office on a large scale. That isnt saying that there perfect. Bottom line is, your only as good as the people who work for you (what Ive seen so far you all are top notch). Some areas some shipping companies are better then others.

WhereIi grew up.. usps was the best, then where I lived last ups was the best. Where im at now, Fedex takes the cake but ive even had problems with them. I just wish USPS had a better tracking system while parcels where in transit.

corybrown40

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I used UPS when I owned a company,but I was shipping pallets of auto parts,for our little packages I think USPS does fine.3-4 days to Key West from Chicago is pretty great!!
I am not saying i don't like usps it is just i do like ups 3day service. I ordered on the 15th and it shipped 16th my package has not got here yet I have to leave today to go to the folks house. And if it is not here today I live in a pretty seedy neighborhood and it might not be here when i get back. Ya know the kind of neighborhood with burglarbars on althe houses. Yep i live there not to happy about it but wife is in the millitary and needed housing fast that is what i get leaceing a house over the internet.8-o

Paranoyed

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2009
I am not saying i don't like usps it is just i do like ups 3day service. I ordered on the 15th and it shipped 16th my package has not got here yet I have to leave today to go to the folks house. And if it is not here today I live in a pretty seedy neighborhood and it might not be here when i get back. Ya know the kind of neighborhood with burglarbars on althe houses. Yep i live there not to happy about it but wife is in the millitary and needed housing fast that is what i get leaceing a house over the internet.8-o

Tell your wife thank you for her service:rolleyes: and good luck on your package staying there. On a side note now I understand what is with the knife:D

corybrown40

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Tell your wife thank you for her service:rolleyes: and good luck on your package staying there. On a side note now I understand what is with the knife:D
yes it gets really exciting at night when you go to walk to the grocery store for cigarettes. At least i don't have to do that anymore. all i got to say is thank god for concealed hand gun license.

NJDrew

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
Flemington, NJ

I believe you can put a hold on your mail if you leaving for vacation or a short period of time. In that case they hold all your mail at the post office for you to pickup when you get back.

yep, here it is:

https://holdmail.usps.com/duns/HoldMail.jsp

corybrown40

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
yes it gets really exciting at night when you go to walk to the grocery store for cigarettes. At least i don't have to do that anymore. all i got to say is thank god for concealed hand gun license.

I was gonna say you had a good cause for a CHL. I should'a known you were smart enough to figure that out on your own. ;)

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
Call the post office, ask of the whereabouts of your package, there's a decent chance it's at the local post office.
I had a chat with the local post office yesterday, and on one occasion a month or 2 back, and both times they were actually really damn helpful, not at all what I expected from government workers. The first time I went into the post office and picked my package up myself (they'd attempted to deliver it to my work office on a saturday)

Kimmy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
I'm not sure if this question has ever been asked. I am wondering if you guys will ever offer ups or fedex services. Just curious cuz I am a bit of a ups fan. usps not so much anything that is government run is doomed to not work correctly.

See I like UPS too, but I don't know if this applies to where you live but at least with USPS you kind of have a time frame of when the package will come. Ups can come any time throughout the day and even late into the evening. USPS usually delivers at the latest the afternoon. I kinda like having that security knowing around what time it will come ya know? But thats me!

corybrown40

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
See I like UPS too, but I don't know if this applies to where you live but at least with USPS you kind of have a time frame of when the package will come. Ups can come any time throughout the day and even late into the evening. USPS usually delivers at the latest the afternoon. I kinda like having that security knowing around what time it will come ya know? But thats me!
I hear ya kimmy. I just like the tracking they have. And I build computers and sell them I use them for that and never had a problem. And computer equipment is kinda fragile they have never broke anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread