Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
You're welcome. If needing extra Panny 18650 batts check out fasttech- bought Pannys:
4 X 18650 2250 mah for $20 delivered
2 X 18650 3400 mah for less than $20 delivered
From Hong Kong, they're genuine and delivery took 11 days.

Wow, that's just ridiculous. The 3400s are unprotected?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Was just checking them out.F-ing awesome vapoor! I have to use a piece of folded foil to charge my flat top 2200. xtarwp2. That 3400 looks more recessed than mine. Any issues for you?

No both 2250 and 3400 fit in my Vamo but I have the V2 with the larger gold spring. For my charger I use a magnetic spacer for the batt end. Sorry I forgot about about that.

Last edited:

Stephuhnator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Moon, PA, USA
Oh my, thanks for the awesome info on the Vamo, Vapoor, Eddie and peeps! That SS Vamo V2 is on my mind again and in my cart at Vapor Break :D $35.71 shipped!!!

Being still somewhat new at this, I'm not sure which batteries would be suitable for me, how many I would need, what kind of charger and best place to purchase. Is it safe to charge with magnet spacers? Where can I get these magnet spacers? I do like the idea of having it long when I'm at home and shorter if I want to take it on outings. Why do people warn about stacking batteries? Would I want protected or unprotected batteries and what in the world does that mean anyways? Sorry for all the n00b questions, I love learning about these thangs :vapor:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Oh my, thanks for the awesome info on the Vamo, Vapoor! That SS Vamo V2 is on my mind again and in my cart at Vapor Break $35.71 shipped!!!
You're very welcome. It is the most easiest PV I've ever used in my life with the variable wattage.

Being still somewhat new at this, I'm not sure which batteries would be suitable for me, how many I would need, what kind of charger and best place to purchase.
Each of my 2250 mah batteries last about 6 hrs at 9 watts on a 1.7 single coil carto BUT I remove charge them when the battery hits 3.6 volts cuz the Flashlight guyz suggest this for longevity. As for a charger the...
The very best- Sysmax/Nitecore/Jetbeam i4 Intellicharger
Intellicharge i4 Charger
Next best- Xtar WP2 II
XTAR WXTAR WP2II Charger - 2 Bay Charger for 14650 / 17670 / 18650 etc

Is it safe to charge with magnet spacers? Where can I get these magnet spacers?
Yes. Some even use them in their PV when the battery is too short.
You're prolly best to contact EddieAdams and buy some from him- Post # 46 or...
Magnetic Spacer - 1.6mm

I do like the idea of having it long when I'm at home and shorter if I want to take it on outings. Why do people warn about stacking batteries?
For shorter use you'll need the 18350 X 800 mah batteries. When using stacked batteries you have to test them and use them in diff configs each time you use them. With the VV/ VW there's really no use to stacking as the PV would be the same length.

Would I want protected or unprotected batteries and what in the world does that mean anyways?
Always use unprotected with VV PVs as they have their own protection circuit. Protected "usually" don't work in a VV PV. You also want to make sure the batteries are "high drain".
Protected batteries are generally used in Mechanical Mods that don't have any protective circuitry.
18350 X 800 mah Unprotected batteries- 2 Pack
eFest IMR18350 Button and Flat Top 5% off with code ECF

Don't be sorry about questions. Better you get the right products......knowledge is a good "thang" :D

Last edited:

NeilSwift

Moved On
Jan 21, 2013
United Kingdom
Just wanted to share with you guys that I have had my vamo for around 5 months now and the thing is so impressive. Vapes like a train and I have DROPPED this thing more times than I can tell you unfortunately. I have no carpet in my house BTW. Also I have dropped it several times from mouth height straight onto the pavement. And guess what?? It's still working fantastically!! Just thought I would share.

WTG you clumsy ....... :toast:

Skree

Apr 4, 2013
Sheffield, England
At least 3 800mAh 18350 to get through the day with the vamo.
I found ideal initial purchase to be 4 of the 18350 800mAh for out and about and 2 18650 2200mAh for around the house or wherever you don't have to pocket it.

The 18350 are small enough to not be a nuisance to carry around in some kind of container in the pocket..

Yeah, i got about 5-6 hours out of one of the efest IMR 18350 800s vaping at 7w.. The thing is, my charger is a balance charger from the radio controlled model industry, and tells me how many milliamps went into the battery. my efest 18350 has had 3 cycles (charge-discharge) and i have never got more than 270ma into it, it comes off the charger at exactly 4.2v too. By comparison, my AW IMR 18650 2000mah took 1804ma the first time i charged it. My two efest 18650 2000s that i use for 7.4v e-flute mode in the vamo took their first charge this afternoon and only took 520ma, but i'd recieved them and tested 7.4v mode for about 5 draws then taken them out and put them away till i got a 2 cell battery box and wired it for balance charging, so we will see how they go. I don't expect to be putting the full rated capacity into the battery every charge as that would be running much flatter than the vamo lets us run but 270ma on an 800 battery is very poor. As an aside, i like that the vamo appears to hit low voltage cutoff slightly before the cells are at a sensible minimum discharge voltage and quite a lot before the cell manufacturers tell you not to discharge lower than - that's really good for cell lifespan (cycles)

I've heard that, like a lot of battery chems, these type cells take a few cycles to truely get going, so i'll give the efests a chance but initial impressions are not good. Very impressed with the AW 18650 though, the first and only time i let the vamo flash low voltage after a full charge on it, i got around 30-32 hours vaping at 7w. We shall also see how all these cells like vaping at higher wattages, as my modified CE clearo now needs 9-10w for optimum performance

Last edited:

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
You're very welcome. It is the most easiest PV I've ever used in my life with the variable wattage.

Each of my 2250 mah batteries last about 6 hrs at 9 watts on a 1.7 single coil carto BUT I remove charge them when the battery hits 3.6 volts cuz the Flashlight guyz suggest this for longevity. As for a charger the...
The very best- Sysmax/Nitecore/Jetbeam i4 Intellicharger
Intellicharge i4 Charger
Next best- Xtar WP2 II
XTAR WXTAR WP2II Charger - 2 Bay Charger for 14650 / 17670 / 18650 etc

Yes. Some even use them in their PV when the battery is too short.
You're prolly best to contact EddieAdams and buy some from him- Post # 46 or...
Magnetic Spacer - 1.6mm

For shorter use you'll need the 18350 X 800 mah batteries. When using stacked batteries you have to test them and use them in diff configs each time you use them. With the VV/ VW there's really no use to stacking as the PV would be the same length.

Always use unprotected with VV PVs as they have their own protection circuit. Protected "usually" don't work in a VV PV. You also want to make sure the batteries are "high drain".
Protected batteries are generally used in Mechanical Mods that don't have any protective circuitry.
18350 X 800 mah Unprotected batteries- 2 Pack
eFest IMR18350 Button and Flat Top 5% off with code ECF

Don't be sorry about questions. Better you get the right products......knowledge is a good "thang" :D
Sorry I might not have any magnets to spare. :)

I'd be happy to share Steph. Yeah Vapoor is awesome as are his links.

Vap, have you tried a higher capacity 18350? Do they make one? I'm going to look of course just wondering if you know and would recommend one...

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Sorry I might not have any magnets to spare. :)

I'd be happy to share Steph. Yeah Vapoor is awesome as are his links.

Vap, have you tried a higher capacity 18350? Do they make one? I'm going to look of course just wondering if you know and would recommend one...

LOLLLL I was hoping you'd step up to the plate and you have in GRAND fashion. You're a cool and classy dude Eddie :thumbs:
Yes I had" some 1200 mah 18350 but they weren't high drain and sucked big time

Here's a vid- AW High Drain Batteries versus Everything Else

ECF Rule of Thumb: Don't buy anything with the word "fire" in it

Last edited:

Skree

Apr 4, 2013
Sheffield, England
agreed, i bought myself a UDT-L (argento?) to use in 18350 mode as a portable vape, vamo is a little too big to be a portable, going out vape for me, but i won't be buying anymore battery tube type things unless i can find something similar in price to vamo that takes 2x26650 batteries.

I may be buying another vamo or two though (teehee) at some point

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
LOLLLL I was hoping you'd step up to the plate and you have in GRAND fashion. You're a cool and classy dude Eddie :thumbs:
Yes I had" some 1200 mah 18350 but they weren't high drain and sucked big time

Here's a vid

ECF Rule of Thumb: Don't buy anything with the word "fire" in it

Figured that. They have 1200mAh 18350 unprotected but, I've never heard anyone mention the name. I'll be purchasing those 3400pannies. Panasonic doesn't have"fire" in it..

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread