Vamo. Not understanding the battery options...

Status
Not open for further replies.

footbag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
NEPA
I have a Vamo V2 that I got about a month ago. I think my batteries are going bad as it is dying very quickly. I typically use it in the longer mode with 2x 18350's. If I were to purchase a single 18650 battery, does that limit the voltages I can use? Can I charge it with the same charger I used for my 18350's?

Does anyone have a link to a domestic battery supplier?

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
18650 does not limit voltage or wattage and is safer than stacking batts. Since you didn't say what charger you have hard to say if it is made for the 18650 or not. Google the model number (s/b on the bottom if nowhere else).

Also, would not use batts that aren't operating correctly, myself. Even if it's just that they're old and weak, especially since you don't seem to be positive that's the case but are taking a good guess. :)

FTR batts should be checked with a voltmeter after being charged and before each use to make sure they are reading correctly and in good shape. If you don't have a VM or need a new charger, I recommend the xtar VP1 which has a VM built in, so you just glance at the LED readout to see how many volts the batt has. It charges 18350, 18650 and more. Won't overcharge, has 3 settings for charge rate, etc. Xtar VP1 Digital Charger (digital display)

This is the best price I've found as it includes the DC car adapter, free shipping, and you can get 10% off by entering FB10 as the coupon code at checkout. The guy is great, ships fast. I am not affiliated in any way... I just bought this charger from them is all.

Battitude here recommends RTDVapor.com for batteries as he believes they vouch for selling brand names and not knocks-offs. Probably the highest recommend batt is the AW IMR, but you probably already know that (and more than I do). :D

Last edited:

Vapolith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Put your 18350s on the Vamo in shorty mode and test them individually, make sure they are within a couple of points of each other. If they aren't try charging them and test them again. Stacked batteries should be very close to each other in voltage or you may have issues.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Check this blog entry about battery life. It's based on a computer controlled, commercial equipment based, test to simulate "realistic" vaping conditions rather than just testing full load discharge times.

http://leosedf.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/vamo-simulation-real-world-battery-test.html

I routinely use stacked Efest 18350/800s and get well over 5ml of liquid vaped at six to seven watts which equates to a full day or more for me.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
If you are vaping 18350s stacked be sure to have a matched pair of batteries that are reserved for use as a pair, not just two, random, batteries. With stacking they need to be as close to identical as possible in terms of age and charge/discharge cycles. If they are not lose matches, the hazards go up and some rather "unpleasant" things may occur. If you are not familiar with general lithium battery treatment, chemistry, charge rates, discharge rates and general precautions it is probably not a good idea to stack them.

(to be read at double speed)
Just my opinion, worth what you're paying for it. Your results and mileage may vary. No warranty or guaranty is expressed or implied. Proceed at your own risk. The user/reader assumes all liability and holds the poster totally harmless. I am not a chemist, physicist, scientist nor do I play one on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread