Vamo, SVD, Zmax, Itaste...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Upland, California, United States
all chinese. easiest way to tell for those devices is just the companies that make them are known to be chinese. its really easier nowadays to ask if its american or not. if youre ever wondering "is this chinese?" id say your chances are 8-1 it is chinese.

Any good ones in the same price range made in America lol?

BlackChad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2011
Back In Mesa
if youre insistent on buying an american variable power device someone else could probably help you better than i. if i had to make a list of the ones i know it would be as long as: provari (~170 and only variable voltage) and cyborg (250). i wont try to sway you but when im not using gennies i use a vamo a lot and love it. the vast majority of people on here IMO use provaris if they want to use american. it wont be long before someone that loves them more than me tells you all the awesome things about it ;)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
There are dozens of American-made mods in the same price range, but they are all mechanical mods, not regulated (variable voltage).

The Provari is the only mass-produced and consistantly available USA-made regulated mod. There are a few manufacturers making DNA-processor based mods; however most of those have inconsistant availability and most are box mods, not the more popular tube mods.

Many of these USA-made mechanical mods can add a Kick and essentially "become a regulated mod". A Kick is a drop in regulated processor module that fits above the battery in a mechanical mod. It does the same thing that a processor-based mod does. The Silver Bullet is made in Ohio and is popularly used with a Kick. AltSmoke makes an extension sleeve to allow the use of the default 18650 battery the Silver Bullet generally uses with the Kick, or you can step down in battery size to a 18490 battery without buying the sleeve.

Silver Bullet and Kick.jpg silver bullet and 3.5ml DCT tank.jpg

USA-Made Electronic Cigarettes: Comprehensive List - Vapegrl

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/462854-help-me-list-all-american-mod.html

Electronic Cigarette Mods | e-Cig Mod Reviews and Comparison

Ninja Vapes: The Master List (of APV Mods)

Last edited:
are any of these companies made in the United States? Where do you find this info? Other than buying it and it saying made in China lol...

Not to make the same mistakes I did I can suggest the cheapest solution for a beginner is to buy from fastech.com. These guys have free shipping form China a bit gamable but worth it.
To buy I can also suggest Pyrex Glass Vivi Nova 10 bucks and Vamo mod 43 bucks with a charger and batteries. In case somebody wants to go even cheaper and into rebuilables then instead of Vivi Nova there are some drippers like a Nimbus clone 5 bucks.

FergusM

Oct 14, 2013
NRW, Germany
Not to make the same mistakes I did I can suggest the cheapest solution for a beginner is to buy from fastech.com. These guys have free shipping form China a bit gamable but worth it.
To buy I can also suggest Pyrex Glass Vivi Nova 10 bucks and Vamo mod 43 bucks with a charger and batteries. In case somebody wants to go even cheaper and into rebuilables then instead of Vivi Nova there are some drippers like a Nimbus clone 5 bucks.

+1 for FastTech. I don't even find their shipping a gamble; it might take a couple of weeks but everything turns up eventually.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
FergusM:10970799 said:

To be honest a Vamo or SVD will do everything a Provari can and more. The main reason they're cheaper is that Chinese labour costs are lower. They also take 18650 batteries without needing an extension.

Yeah, more with the vamo, including your threads being manipulated by the minute force of screwing on an atomizer.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
the VAMO does do more than the PROVARI. any mod with a variable wattage does more then the PROVARI... I have the VAMO and the SIGELEI Vmax V5 telescopic. Love both of them. There haven't been any problems with either of them. but some people have way too much money to spend on the PROVARI
The reason people are willing to spend more on a Provari are many:

It is built to be more durable than any Chinese mod is. They are nearly indestructable. It has a much higher quality electronic processor that was especially designed, made, and assembled by American technicians. Not everyone wants nor needs "variable wattage"; its just another way to get to the same place like variable voltage does. All the Chinese made regulated mods use the same cheap 33 hz processor which makes the notorious "rattlesnake sound".

The Provari comes with a one year guarantee, with the option to purchase a second year at time of purchase. After warranty expiration, in the unlikely event that a Provari would need repair, Provape will repair it for a surprisingly inexpensive fee and have it returned good as new within a week's time. Try getting that from a China manufacturer.

China does not repair their mods, they expect you to replace them with new. "We make cheap. You buy cheap. It break, you'll buy another." Um, I don't think so. I own a Provari.

Some people get tired replacing their broken mods every 6 months with another cheap mod, and finally end up buying a Provari. They always say they wished they had gotten one to begin with. Yes, for these people, a Provari is worth it. You won't find a more dependable and reliable mod anywhere from a company that actually backs their product for life.

Unfortnately, you'll never know until you actually have owned one to appreciate a Provari.

Last edited:

Mickey1

Moved On
Oct 14, 2013
Homeless
the VAMO does do more than the PROVARI. any mod with a variable wattage does more then the PROVARI... I have the VAMO and the SIGELEI Vmax V5 telescopic. Love both of them. There haven't been any problems with either of them. but some people have way too much money to spend on the PROVARI

Alright, even if I had that kind of the money to blow on Provari I personally don't like how it looks. I think I will be good to go with a Vmax or Vamo for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread