Status
Not open for further replies.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
Disagree here. I use his exact build with the airflow on the second smallest hole with tons of vapor. His issue is something else. My guess would be not enough cotton/incorrect wicking or incorrect coil position.

Without any photos of the build it's harder to diagnose. You are correct that it could be too little cotton, thus feeding too much juice to the coil which heats up but doesn't vapourise, which leads to small vapour production and hot chamber. However, he should have noticed significant gurgling or leaking when refilling if that was the case.

utal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2011
Lisbon, Portugal
kitemania.com.pt
Working like a charm with a non spaced titanium build, no gurgle and no flood so far with 3 days of use
995806c5738e39de5458242acdcffeff.jpg

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nailz

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
Ricks, in my experience, with a 2.5 mm coil, wicked snugly, and 18 mg liquid, you vape the equivalent of 24 - 30 mg on a nautilus.

Wouldn't that depend on the coil you're using in your Nautilus?

I'm sorry, but being a long time Nautilus and Nauti 2 user (the only two tanks I'd ever used prior to the Berserker and a Kayfun Mini v3), who just moved to building my own coils a few months ago, I'm going to have to disagree with your assessment here. My Nautilus with 1.7ohm coils, filled with 18mg liquid at 11-12 watts work virtually the same as my Berserker, with my own 2.5mm ID 1.8ohm coils firing at 10.5-11 watts. Same throat hit, same vapor, improved flavor, but more restricted airflow. I'm no expert, or nicotine connoisseur by any means, but I'm pretty sure I'd have noticed a sudden 6-12mg increase in my nic intake in my side by side comparisons. I mean, that's a 33-66% increase in nicotine.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Hi all,

here are a few images of my initial build. I also replaced the tiny ultem mouth piece ... I got liquid in my mouth with almost every draw ... much better now with the steel drip tip.
What do you think?

View attachment 695595 View attachment 695597 View attachment 695599 View attachment 695601 View attachment 695603

Thanks for posting this! I was passing on this one because from just watching the reviews I was concerned that I could not get a long enough coil in it to achieve any reasonable resistance. Per you pic, I can see that a 9.5 spaced is achievable. This is a game changer.

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
That wire end looks a little dangerous in the red circle??? View attachment 695637
Yeah, you´re right, will snip or bend the wire to correct that ... but worst thing that could happen is an "atomizer short" right?

What do you guys say? too much wick in there? After a few hours I must say it´s a very flavourful vape with my setup, which is more important to me than lots of vape, so I´m quite happy with the Berserker.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Yeah, you´re right, will snip or bend the wire to correct that ... but worst thing that could happen is an "atomizer short" right?

What do you guys say? too much wick in there? After a few hours I must say it´s a very flavourful vape with my setup, which is more important to me than lots of vape, so I´m quite happy with the Berserker.
If it was on the negative side, nothing would happen. Positive side would have shown a short on a regulated mod and a mech mod would have gotten really hot until the wire melted.

If it tastes good leave it alone... I vape for flavor only, clouds don't matter to me either.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
on the refill thing, i am about 20+ refills and a rebuild and no gurgling/flooding. This thing really is the real deal. I have 20 odd 'high-end' rtas on the shelf and, at the moment, this is the one i reach for every time. Amazing!!

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
Does anybody know how to take off the airflow ring ?

I do not, but I'm just curious why you would want to remove it? For cleaning, or is there something that needs doing that I don't know about yet? Not being snarky, just genuinely curious.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
on the refill thing, i am about 20+ refills and a rebuild and no gurgling/flooding. This thing really is the real deal. I have 20 odd 'high-end' rtas on the shelf and, at the moment, this is the one i reach for every time. Amazing!!

I'm repeating myself (and I don't have as many high end RTAs) as you but I agree 100%!!!

Again, the only thing I can see replacing this thing is the Skyline with the short kit, when it comes out.... (not even mentioning the price).

traianescu

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2017
I do not, but I'm just curious why you would want to remove it? For cleaning, or is there something that needs doing that I don't know about yet? Not being snarky, just genuinely curious.

can not close completely the airflow.. the air still passing, even if it seems closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread