Vandy Vape BERSERKER (24mm) MTL RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I agree completely with you Anna. It's nice to finally have the kind of vape that you like, and not have to fight with your equipment to get it. I have my Siren V1 (for restricted Lung Hits), my Berserker (tight MTL), and my CV Hussar (with the 1.3mm air pin installed). I like them all, as they serve me well each on it's own, but, all are a bit different from each other as to the vape I receive.

KickOuttheJamz

Dec 9, 2017
I can't understand this tank, I imagine this being an mtl rta that it would be perfect for people who are new to building to start up on and be a reliable tank. But its been nothing but flavor less cotton 4/5 times every wick. It doesn't matter if I try very fluffy tails, thin tails, dense narrow tails trimming on the sides of the juice holes no trimming. No matter what I do there is no flavorful vape. I put back on my old smok v8 and hit it a few times because I needed nic after 2 hours of cotton taste and I almost forgot what an enjoyable flavourful vape tasted like, I'm really losing hope and am pretty disappointed actually.

KickOuttheJamz

Dec 9, 2017
Still not giving up on it, how does this look before putting in the juice wells? No thinning and cut 45° off the corners
20171217_162245.jpg

Reactions: ricks

IRISH OS1R1S

Dec 17, 2017
Nothing I do seems to be right this is just cotton taste too even after cutting shorter, can someone take a picture the next time they do a rewick so I can get an idea, I'm so embarrassed to ask this because everyone makes it seem easy but I just can't get it.

First time poster.

I just bought the Berserker a couple of weeks ago and it wa my first rta. Never did a build ever. Like you, I had a cotton taste the first few times I wicked. What I learned was the length of the wick was more important than the width. Have the length just a ml or two longer than the base of the wicking holes. Vapes like a dream.

In your pic the tails are way way too long imo. Cut them so that the length is level with the lower threads of where the chimney screws on.

Last edited:

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
First time poster.

I just bought the Berserker a couple of weeks ago and it wa my first rta. Never did a build ever. Like you, I had a cotton taste the first few times I wicked. What I learned was the length of the wick was more important than the width. Have the length just a ml or two longer than the base of the wicking holes. Vapes like a dream.

In your pic the tails are way way too long imo. Cut them so that the length is level with the lower threads of where the chimney screws on.
Hit us w a pic of your wicking

KickOuttheJamz

Dec 9, 2017
I can't at the moment because it is already wicked and in use. Unless you want to see it already done?
Already done would be great too if you can take the wicks out the juice hole, I just trimmed a little more and I'm still getting cotton taste, maybe because I'm using 20vg/80pg that I need to do something different like the juice won't move up the cotton right

Reactions: stols001

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Already done would be great too if you can take the wicks out the juice hole, I just trimmed a little more and I'm still getting cotton taste, maybe because I'm using 20vg/80pg that I need to do something different like the juice won't move up the cotton right
You have any rayon to try?

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

KickOuttheJamz

Dec 9, 2017
I take it you are priming the cotton first? Also are you removing the skins from the cotton?
Yes and I dont think cotton bacon has skins with it? But I went through a whole strip today and I also checked if it was authentic thinking that was the problem but it was.

KickOuttheJamz

Dec 9, 2017
Providing you have the length correct, the only other thing I can think of is you are using too much cotton and are blocking the juice holes. Sorry I couldn't help and I hope you get it sorted.
Edit: For what it is worth I'm using 70vg 30pg and Koh Gen Do cotton.

I believe you have a very good point because so far the best wicks I've had with flavor were from not having huge amounts of tight cotton but only slightly snug cotton through the coil so I will go back to experimenting with that way thank you

KickOuttheJamz

Dec 9, 2017
Ok the main culprit was most likely this new juice I made. Its a new flavor and it was great the first few times I vaped it but for some reason after only steeping 2-3 days the flavor and smell seems to be gone . The juice was originally designed for 80vg/20pg so maybe when I made the 80pg 20vg it made the flavours muted after a few days...which doesn't make sense because I thought pg would give an increase if anything

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
First thing Jamz, when your take pics for us, Please, not only take an Over Head shot like you have been doing, but also take one as a Side View also. That will give us a better look see of that wick so we can get a better sense of depth (at least for me it does). Secondly, when I wick for my Berserker, I always strive to cut my KGD or Rayon wick length so it just barely touches the bottom of the juice wells, but the wick thickness will Fill each juice well at the same time. I mean just barely touch the bottom too. Thirdly (is that even a word), I still wick only snugly thru my coil, like I think you have tried to do at least once. Snugly means that you can brace the Berserker base between (1) finger of each hand, and see-saw the wick (KGD) back and forth thru your coil and not see the coil itself move from too tight a wick to coil pressure, but you will see the shoulders Pouf up a little on either side of your wick as you see-saw it back and forth. I know that some here have, but I just can't pack my wick into my coil TIGHT, doing that just hurts my head to think about. I want to say to you Jamz, that I applaud your willingness to "Keep On Keepin' On" with trying to get your wicking done correctly so you get Great Flavor and a wick that will not obstruct juice flow, as in my opinion, wicking is many times harder to get done correctly than wrapping a coil is. I had a very hard time learning wicking myself, it seemed to take me months to finally get it right. I almost forgot one thing Jamz, when I put my KGD tails into my juice well, I just drop them in the juice well, I don't jam or pack them down in there. Thanks for hanging in there Jamz, we're all proud of you for trying like you are, and not getting frustrated and calling it Quits (although I imagine that sometimes you feel like it).:thumbs::thumbs::thumb:

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Ok the main culprit was most likely this new juice I made. Its a new flavor and it was great the first few times I vaped it but for some reason after only steeping 2-3 days the flavor and smell seems to be gone . The juice was originally designed for 80vg/20pg so maybe when I made the 80pg 20vg it made the flavours muted after a few days...which doesn't make sense because I thought pg would give an increase if anything

I have one juice that I used to make that did that very same thing to me. It drove me absolutely Crazy trying to find out what was going on, but I think that I finally did. It was pointed out to me in the "Hangsens" thread that that particular "Hangsens" tobacco flavor and the Nic I was using didn't go good together. It seems that ECX Nic was oxidizing the "Hangsens" Tobacco flavor just enough that after a few days, all the flavor was muted to the point that I no longer tasted much. It tasted really good for that first ¾ of a tank full, then went Flat on me, and I found that the rest of my batch had gone Flat as well. That's my only experience of juice going Flat and Not getting Better with steeping. Weird, but I replicated those findings 3 times before I was given an answer as to Why. (I kept thinking I was screwing up my mix somehow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread