Vandyvape mtl fused Clapton wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitchy

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Haverhill, UNITED KINGDOM
Hi , I’ve never built a Clapton coil before but bought this wire in hopes of trying... got the ss version and the ni80 version. Can someone tell me if when I wrap the coil, are the wraps meant to contact each other or should there be a slight space? Sorry if it seems a dumb question, but don’t want to blow anything up here... thanks in advance

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi , I’ve never built a Clapton coil before but bought this wire in hopes of trying... got the ss version and the ni80 version. Can someone tell me if when I wrap the coil, are the wraps meant to contact each other or should there be a slight space? Sorry if it seems a dumb question, but don’t want to blow anything up here... thanks in advance
Hi mate,
Yes. Either is fine. Contact or spaced.
What device are you building upon?
Will you be trying to use TC with the SS wire?

Cheers
I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If it's a new wire, I'd start out spaced honestly, but that's just me I am freakishly MUCH better at building spaced than contact coils. If I want contact coils I wrap a spaced and just smoosh it together.

I have no idea about coil diameter you want and number of wraps as you haven't mentioned your target resistance, I don't think for one, and for two, that's what steam-engine.org is for unless it does not have that particular wire type listed? IDK. I haven't used that wire, either. But I'd say experiment a bit, based on what you know about various wires you have, you will probably land eventually on a resistance you are comfortable with. I'd guess.

Also if spaced are HARDER for you than contact, well, start with contact, start with what you know and find easiest is my advice. Depending on whether you want to use TC or not, spaced will have advantages, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with starting where you feel most comfortable and etc.

Good luck and please report back and etc. :)

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread