Vape cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
With the dozens of options out there for attachments, I am sure something is available.
Don't know off hand where to find such a thing, or what it might cost. Looks like a cellphone clip to me, designed to detach with a cell case. That is a little different than what I am doing.

The polymer belt clip I have is pretty tough, and you can easily take it off and put it on again. The belt tunnel is more durable, but not as easy to put on/take off.
I try to design the cases so the mods have easy access, and you don't have to take the case off to use them. Pull them out, vape, put them back.

I can block for most any type of attachment tho, per customer spec.

It was from a old cell phone case, I have searched a bit to find some of them online, I never found any. I think for the billet box, yours would suit me fine, I just wanted to explore what I could do for my provari, I have made this one work for me for a long time, and if it does finally break, I have one more clip I can make another with. It will be a while before I can order one for the BB, but I will. :)

Thanks
KAS

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
Added some more mods: UPDATED LIST BELOW

iStick 30w $30.00 (clip only)
iStick 50W $40.00
Vapor Shark rDNA 40 with Shark Skin $40.00
Vapor Shark DNA 30 with Shark Skin $40.00
Vapor Flask DNA 40 $40.00
REO Grand $40.00
Billet Box $40.00
Hanna Modz V3 DNA40 pack $40.00
Praxis belt case $40.00 (also other 22/23mm tube mods)
Sigelei 100watt/150watt including Plus versions $40.00 (no sleeve)
Sigelei 50W VR2 $40.00 (no sleeve)
Sigelei Mini 30 $40.00 (no sleeve)
Innokin iTaste MVP 2.0 $40.00
joyetech eVic VT $40.00 (no sleeve)
Joyetech eVic VT $40.00 (with sleeve)

Shipping: USPS Priority I will do for $6.00
(US only, PM for shipping estimates to another country)

Got several other projects in the works, including testing the felt liner.

ndLWjQ1.jpg

P40mAMr.jpg

Last edited:

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
Did some testing of the felt liner for durability and thought I would share some results.
Also have another case out there for testing, with someone using it most every day. He might chime in with his findings and thoughts on the fit and function.
Made a gallery for your viewing pleasure, if you are on a PC click the link in the upper left of the imbedded gallery to go full page.

Cost: $7.00 for the felt liner option
About as much as a vinyl wrap. Adds a few millimeters overall in size.
We will see if it's worth doing on my end, I am reserving the right to remove this option or change the price in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

Andygev35

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2011
Covington, Georgia
Did some testing of the felt liner for durability and thought I would share some results.
Also have another case out there for testing, with someone using it most every day. He might chime in with his findings and thoughts on the fit and function.
Made a gallery for your viewing pleasure, if you are on a PC click the link in the upper left of the imbedded gallery to go full page.

I'd be happy to do a long-term test on the iStick 50w version for you lol... kinda makes me wish I had waited a couple of weeks for mine...

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
kinda makes me wish I had waited a couple of weeks for mine

I will offer it as an option for the future, for another $7.00 I will line a case. That is about as much as a jwrap, and helps offset the added material cost. I am pretty much eating the extra labor.
Had to do some real world testing first, no good putting out something of inferior quality. About to edit the previous post to add the cost of the liner.

Last edited:

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA

Cost: $7.00 for the felt liner option
About as much as a vinyl wrap. Adds a few millimeters overall in size.
We will see if it's worth doing on my end, I am reserving the right to remove this option or change the price in the coming weeks.

I have a lined vaporflask holster that I have been using exclusively for a couple of weeks now. I think it's a definite improvement. The fit feels more snug and secure and I don't have to worry about scratches to the mod from repeated use. Let's face it. $7 is a more than reasonable addition to protect a $300 mod. I'm very pleased with the holsters I own and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. Great job coffeebum

kariM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Lethbridge, AB, CA
I just wanted to pop in and say a big thank you to Coffeebum for the "two" cases I won in the 15 millionth post prize contest. I was only expecting the Black faux Carbon Fiber case for my iStick30 and was very surprized to also receive a beautiful pink case as well.

Here are a couple of pictures of the cases with my iSticks - I am sure I will get a lot of use from these - they appear to be very well made.

So thank you once again for your generous donations to the contest :thumb:

IM

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
The felt lining looks great!
I put in a vote for a subox.

Also, have you seen the clips that click/rotate (hold position but can rotate), so you could have the vape sitting upright, OR parallel with your belt (less visible)?

I could do a Subox, that is if I can get my hands on one to fit. I don't buy all the mods I make cases for, cant afford that... yet.
As far as other attachments, I can do whatever the customer wants. Within reason of course, if we cannot find the attachment to purchase I cannot put it on the case.

Two issues I have with any of the multi-position clips, durability and standoff from the belt.
If it's really small it will most likely break, think cell-phone case swivel clips. I break these off every dang time. I don't remember EVER having one hold up more than a couple days. Also the spring steel ones tend to stretch out and not fit right after a while, not to mention cut your belt up when they wear through the thin covering. Nothing is indestructible, but the clips and tunnel attachments I use are pretty tough.
If the multi position attachment is durable, then it's gonna be bulky. Most of these are for the gun holster industry, and for competition shooters. A 1/2" standoff is fine for those guys, but for a mod case I think it's a bit much. I could block out for the clip to position as you want it, that's about the easiest fix for me, and the cheapest for you as well.
If you truly need less visibility, turn the case around and wear it IWB (inside the waistband, or tucked into your pants) with the clip over your belt and drop your shirt over it.
Really the way these are set up, they are fairly unobtrusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread