Vape Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcoquito

Jan 25, 2013
2o3
Hey guys!
I'm new to the forums, but I just picked up a Smoov Rev 650 kit. So far, I've been enjoying the vape and I definitely see myself no longer wanting to buy a pack of cigs in the future. Anyways, I wanted to know some of your etiquette with your E-cig. Do you ask an employee of the restaurant/bar if you can smoke your vape inside? Or do you just start puffing away? I'm interested what most people do.

Uno mas

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Out in public, bars, restaurants and such, I tend to lean towards what rules apply to analogs apply to me, depending on the situation there's nothing wrong with asking a manager/owner if it would be ok, let them have the chance to say yes or no and not have to react to you taking it upon yourself to just go ahead. They have to weigh how their other patron will react...

Good Luck :)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Out in public, bars, restaurants and such, I tend to lean towards what rules apply to analogs apply to me, depending on the situation there's nothing wrong with asking a manager/owner if it would be ok, let them have the chance to say yes or no and not have to react to you taking it upon yourself to just go ahead. They have to weigh how their other patron will react...

Good Luck :)

That's what I do too. This way I won't be causing a problem for other vapers because my action caused a no vaping policy to be created.

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
I tend to be a bit discreet about it when at a place that has a no smoking policy. I don't go outside but I don't go out of my way to be seen either. I will usually tuck into a corner and have a vape and get back to what I was doing. If it's a small busy place I will ask management or just go into the bathroom and have my vape.

mmikee

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
st louis
I always try to do what is polite. In my county most restaurants still allow smoking in part of the building. But most of the surrounding counties do not allow smoking at all. So I just try to not offend anyone. Now I wont be told by one nic Nazi to go outside when everyone else is fine, including the manager. That is about the only line I draw. I dont want people to have a bad image of us who vape.

mssam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Illinois
I don't vape in a restaurant/bar because of the no smoking laws and the general public's ignorance with regard to vaping, what it is & the differences from tobacco. In most instances I would ask before I do it, but usually I don't feel like explaining to a manager and/or owner about vaping, so I just wait until I'm with someone else who vapes, I'm alone, in my car or at my home. I could probably do it in certain coffee shops if I asked, but like I said, I would probably ask first...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread