Vape maybe making me sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frisbee

Mar 27, 2017
Long story short, I've been vaping for almost a year now. I didnt smoke a whole lot before I got started. Cant really stand cigarette smoke and knowing what it does to you, I pretty much quit before I got started. Going forward, I have been pretty sick this past week. Constant nausea, nothing really helps except zantac. Feeling bloated, generally lethargic, etc. It almost sounds like acid reflux, but i dont really have the throat irritation that comes with reflux. I have a slight cough but its not persistent enough to be abnormal around this time of year. Episodes of nausea, at least as far as i know, don't typically last this long without other symptoms.I vape 3mg max vg. I go through at least a couple tanks a day with a cleito 120, which is pretty much average from what I'm told. Any thoughts? I just want to get back on track so I can think about other things than why I feel like garbage, or at least have peace of mind as to why this is happening.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Long story short, I've been vaping for almost a year now. I didnt smoke a whole lot before I got started. Cant really stand cigarette smoke and knowing what it does to you, I pretty much quit before I got started. Going forward, I have been pretty sick this past week. Constant nausea, nothing really helps except zantac. Feeling bloated, generally lethargic, etc. It almost sounds like acid reflux, but i dont really have the throat irritation that comes with reflux. I have a slight cough but its not persistent enough to be abnormal around this time of year. Episodes of nausea, at least as far as i know, don't typically last this long without other symptoms.I vape 3mg max vg. I go through at least a couple tanks a day with a cleito 120, which is pretty much average from what I'm told. Any thoughts? I just want to get back on track so I can think about other things than why I feel like garbage, or at least have peace of mind as to why this is happening.
Any recent changes to your vaping? New liquid, etc.?

Does it go away if you stop vaping?

Probably a good idea to go get checked out by a medical professional.

Thumpszilla

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You don't have to have throat irritation for it to be reflux or it could be here which is just slightly different than acid reflux. I do agree though go get checked out. It could just be a flavoring not agreeing with you or not vape related in any way. However alot of medical professionals as soon as you tell them you vape say that's the problem. The problem with that is most of them have never read a single study about vaping. They just go off of second hand garbage they have heard from someone else. Good luck with it and hope you feel better soon.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Frisbee

Mar 27, 2017
Ive been using the same flavor for a good while now. I will say I did get salt down in my coil (I work at a theater. Went to go take some trash out, slipped mod in back pocket, bam. Salty coils) about a week ago. Nastiest thing ive ever tasted, but i wouldnt think that it would have much to do with it. I typically switch between two flavors. If it doesn't relent soon, I'll go see the doctor as soon as I can. Its hard to tell if it goes away when im not vaping, because as it stands, it usually only shows up in the morning and evening when the zantac wears off. I have also changed tanks recently, to the aforementioned Cleito 120 by Aspire. Constantly fiddling with my RTA and soon after, my RDA, got old. I wasn't able to maintain them very well, so I switched back to a tank.

Reactions: Eskie

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Any recent changes to your vaping? New liquid, etc.?

Does it go away if you stop vaping?

Probably a good idea to go get checked out by a medical professional.
^^ This. While I'm reasonably certain we do have medical professionals on the forum, I doubt any of them would risk diagnosing you over the internet. If it's something that concerns you and it's persistent, please get to a doctor. While it may very well be something as simple as a sensitivity to something in your vape, that doesn't mean it's not something else.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I will say I did get salt down in my coil (I work at a theater. Went to go take some trash out, slipped mod in back pocket, bam. Salty coils) about a week ago.
You may want to find a way to cover your vape tip.

I agree with everyone else in seeing your doctor. Stay in touch, and welcome to the forums!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Ive been using the same flavor for a good while now. I will say I did get salt down in my coil (I work at a theater. Went to go take some trash out, slipped mod in back pocket, bam. Salty coils) about a week ago. Nastiest thing ive ever tasted, but i wouldnt think that it would have much to do with it. I typically switch between two flavors. If it doesn't relent soon, I'll go see the doctor as soon as I can. Its hard to tell if it goes away when im not vaping, because as it stands, it usually only shows up in the morning and evening when the zantac wears off. I have also changed tanks recently, to the aforementioned Cleito 120 by Aspire. Constantly fiddling with my RTA and soon after, my RDA, got old. I wasn't able to maintain them very well, so I switched back to a tank.

This might sound odd, especially since you haven't changed any of your vaping habits - but when I'm getting too much nicotine it makes me feel nauseated.. I have to cut back either on vaping (for the immediate time), or on my nicotine level overall, when I feel like that.

Your only vaping 3 mg, but it's possible going through two or three tanks a day is just too much nicotine for you..

Our bodies do change, even when our habits stay the same. I would suggest cutting your nic level in half overall (by buying zero nic of the same flavor and mixing your three with some zero, and that will give you 1.5 mg per ml) and vaping zero nicotine for a couple days prior to the overall cut down, just to see if reducing nicotine doesn't help..

All I know is that what your describing is similar to how I feel when I'm getting too much nicotine, and slowing down consumption and/or cutting down on the nicotine fixes it right up for me.

This doesn't mean don't go to the doctor.. but it's something you can do while waiting to get in to be seen..

Last edited:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Inappropriate. This is not how we treat new members.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Inappropriate. This is not how we treat new members.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA

Sort of. It's a behavior that I read an article on a couple of years ago that covered just that phenomenon, although it didn't specifically address ECF. I can't recall what it's called, but it's really a thing. I blame WebMD, lol.

I think you just need a ProVari

Someone had to say it, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined. The information below may help you sort things out. I have had similar feelings and they have passed. Often times a new coil and juice does the trick.
Might like to read:
http://www.apa.org/monitor/2013/07-08/symptoms.aspx

Reactions: Opinionated

Frisbee

Mar 27, 2017
This might sound odd, especially since you haven't changed any of your vaping habits - but when I'm getting too much nicotine it makes me feel nauseated.. I have to cut back either on vaping (for the immediate time), or on my nicotine level overall, when I feel like that.

Your only vaping 3 mg, but it's possible going through two or three tanks a day is just too much nicotine for you..

Our bodies do change, even when our habits stay the same. I would suggest cutting your nic level in half overall (by buying zero nic of the same flavor and mixing your three with some zero, and that will give you 1.5 mg per ml) and vaping zero nicotine for a couple days prior to the overall cut down, just to see if reducing nicotine doesn't help..

All I know is that what your describing is similar to how I feel when I'm getting too much nicotine, and slowing down consumption and/or cutting down on the nicotine fixes it right up for me.

This doesn't mean don't go to the doctor.. but it's something you can do while waiting to get in to be seen..

The shop i go to makes 1.5 Nic as well as the usual levels, so I just bought some of that to vape on while I try to get better. I do find that its a lot less taxing on the body, at least right now, so Ill stick with that. Doc says its just acid reflux, And that i should eat better and take over the counter acid reducers like zantac for a while. I appreciate the help from yall, i know its a question you must get a lot. I just wanted to see if other people were having the same issues as i was.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
WWelcome @Frisbee and I hope you enjoy your stay.

From what I have read it doesn't sound like Nicotine but I am not a Doctor and do not play one on the Internet! LOL :shock:
But seriously since you have seen a doctor I would suggest stop vaping and see what happens. While I do not want to tell anyone to stop vaping if I was you I would do it just to see what the results are.

Good Luck and I hope you feel better real soon!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
The shop i go to makes 1.5 Nic as well as the usual levels, so I just bought some of that to vape on while I try to get better. I do find that its a lot less taxing on the body, at least right now, so Ill stick with that. Doc says its just acid reflux, And that i should eat better and take over the counter acid reducers like zantac for a while. I appreciate the help from yall, i know its a question you must get a lot. I just wanted to see if other people were having the same issues as i was.

I'm glad to hear that a nic reduction is helping a little, and glad you went to the doctor.

I hope you get to feeling better soon! :)

Frisbee

Mar 27, 2017
WWelcome @Frisbee and I hope you enjoy your stay.

From what I have read it doesn't sound like Nicotine but I am not a Doctor and do not play one on the Internet! LOL :shock:
But seriously since you have seen a doctor I would suggest stop vaping and see what happens. While I do not want to tell anyone to stop vaping if I was you I would do it just to see what the results are.

Good Luck and I hope you feel better real soon!
I read something on smoking causing acid reflux, along with a whole host of other things. I tried going down to 1.5 nic but I started having problems not being able to focus, feeling jittery, nervous, and the like, part of which is due to the fact i may be switching jobs very soon, and am both super hyped and super scared at the same time. Of course smoking isnt vaping, but for a mostly non smoker (again, i have smoked before, but i quit before i got seriously hooked, way before. ) I seem to be improving, as i was able to hold down some Moe's this afternoon where as a few days ago I would have not eaten anything at all unless I had to. Campus dining doesnt offer many healthy options other than maybe fried rice or a salad with no dressing. The choice is obvious on that one. I want to say that it's mostly due to the fact that my diet is reprehensible and that i could stand to lose about twenty or thirty pounds, but of course when it comes to random illness you automatically jump to the vices as the cause; drinking, smoking, etc.

Frisbee

Mar 27, 2017
Welcome and glad you joined. The information below may help you sort things out. I have had similar feelings and they have passed. Often times a new coil and juice does the trick.
Might like to read:
http://www.apa.org/monitor/2013/07-08/symptoms.aspx
I have been using a rather sweet juice. Its called black betty, made by one of the local shops in house. I love it to death and have been using it long before the problems started, but next time i get juice ill try something different.

Reactions: BrotherBob

Frisbee

Mar 27, 2017
Sort of. It's a behavior that I read an article on a couple of years ago that covered just that phenomenon, although it didn't specifically address ECF. I can't recall what it's called, but it's really a thing. I blame WebMD, lol.

Someone had to say it, lol.
at least im not using kanger anymore

Attachments

• images (2).jpg
    images (2).jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread