[Vape project] I'm safe with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeferson Cordeiro

Dec 14, 2018
Hello, I do not speak English, but I hope you understand and can help me.

I'm starting a new vape project, like where I live (Brazil) is almost impossible to find the kick modules, I intend to "improvise" using a battery 18650, a cheap BMS of 15A and two fusibleis a thermal of 176 ° F and a glass in seri (both 15A), would it work well? since I do not intend to use coils of less than 0.42ohm?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

I'm starting a new vape project, like where I live (Brazil) is almost impossible to find the kick modules, I intend to "improvise" using a battery 18650, a cheap BMS of 15A and two fusibleis a thermal of 176 ° F and a glass in seri (both 15A), would it work well? since I do not intend to use coils of less than 0.42ohm?
Hi and welcome,
If your battery is up to the task, and you are looking for "hard short" protection; one simple in line fuse should be enough.
mini-15-amp.jpg

What are you building? Box/Tube?
What materials are you using?

Welcome to the ECF.
Cheers
I

Reactions: Letitia

Jeferson Cordeiro

Dec 14, 2018
I use a LG HB4, the mod is a box, and I use a voltmeter LCD and a switch (10A) and a push button (6A) and as my battery has a big gap for the coil I'm going to use, what I want is just one short circuit protection, then a fuse only counts? taking into account that I will always take care of the battery voltage and will not exceed 10A current.

Reactions: Izan

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I use a LG HB4, the mod is a box, and I use a voltmeter LCD and a switch (10A) and a push button (6A) and as my battery has a big gap for the coil I'm going to use, what I want is just one short circuit protection, then a fuse only counts? taking into account that I will always take care of the battery voltage and will not exceed 10A current.
I reiterate @Baditude ’s statement. This is highly technical and needs to be in the modding section where people who can help can see it.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread