The history of Project Chameleon: Name TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
No worries Grimmer I had a customer in the past send me the chameleon button all in pieces via plastic bag. I should have what you need to get up and rolling again. That's GREAT on liking the atomizers! We'll get ya all fixed up to fully enjoy them.

I see ya Van, PO is closed today :( I really hope these work out for you. I'll sort through for the 1.8Ω types.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
I want the cone more than anything on this unit, but the problem lies in the ability to use different atomizers as they each have their respected lengths and girths. If we were to go the cone route, it would hinder the user to use but one type of atomizer. Unless....You may of just sparked an idea VP.

Lol Doc, It's coming. We just need to tackle a couple more obstacles. When I stated a September, I was being too hasty, a product should never be rushed. We are nearing completion though!

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I want the cone more than anything on this unit, but the problem lies in the ability to use different atomizers as they each have their respected lengths and girths. If we were to go the cone route, it would hinder the user to use but one type of atomizer. Unless....You may of just sparked an idea VP.

Lol Doc, It's coming. We just need to tackle a couple more obstacles. When I stated a September, I was being too hasty, a product should never be rushed. We are nearing completion though!

The only problem I see with a cone Isaac is with the 801s, where a special one will need to be designed. The 901s and 510s fit no problem (with an adapter of course). Now that could present a problem with the current 801 line of: minis; semis; and regular lengths. :(

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey

The only problem I see with a cone Isaac is with the 801s, where a special one will need to be designed. The 901s and 510s fit no problem (with an adapter of course). Now that could present a problem with the current 801 line of: minis; semis; and regular lengths. :(

I understand what you mean Isaac but I agree with Switched that only two cones would be necessary since the girth of 510 and 901 atties is about the same. The 801 cone could work with all three 801 atties if it was short enough for the Mini. It doesn't need to cover the whole atty to be functional, it just needs to come up slightly higher than the black/silver ring on the bottom of the atty. I'm thinking more along the lines of performance rather than aesthetics.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I understand what you mean Isaac but I agree with Switched that only two cones would be necessary since the girth of 510 and 901 atties is about the same. The 801 cone could work with all three 801 atties if it was short enough for the Mini. It doesn't need to cover the whole atty to be functional, it just needs to come up slightly higher than the black/silver ring on the bottom of the atty. I'm thinking more along the lines of performance rather than aesthetics.
I no longer have a mini so I cannot speak for it. The cone needs to extend to the begining of the taper on an 801, this ensures the incoming air is pre-heated prior to entering the atty, which is the function of the cone. Having the come extend to just past the black band, would indeed lead to aesthetics over increased performance, as the coil is outside the cone and atty allowed to cool with surrounding air. That being said, where the taper starts on the semi is at coil level, once again negating the increased performance and vapour warmth, sorry.

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
the cone is a pretty sweet idea.... I just have one request, make an-adjustable draw attie caps. Reason being is because of the more stiffer draw that the cone produces. I love the look of my eGo with the cone but the draw for me is to stiff.

The one thing i love about my S6 801 attie cap is the ability to adjust the draw. If you tune it just right the attie doesn't over heat and the leaking problem doesn't exist, unless you drip to many drops.

I've noticed with most mods that the air flow is just not enough for these atties. The 510 and 901 regular atties really isn't a big deal because of the side holes but the 801's, kr 808 and 510 cartos need more air flow because of their inner parts, like wicking materials or how the air enters the attie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread