Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
So much for "no wick, no coil".

From the instruction booklet:

"When you notice a deterioration in taste or quality of the vapor, it's time to change your pod. The suggested number of usage for each pod is five refills."

They are also adamant about no dry burns and to ensure at least five minutes is given to the pod when it's filled/refilled.

Haven't even fired this thing up and I'm already somewhat disappointed with it. Sheesh!

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Well color me impressed! This is a pretty nice little device if you don't need to (or in my case, can't) honk on it all day long. It's one of the reasons why I opted for the 45mg salts.

At work, I get two 15 minute breaks and an hour for lunch. Every now and then, an opportunity presents itself for a quickie stealth vape as well. The battery lasted the entire day and didn't even get down to the 30% battery level (indicated by a red light when pressing the fire button).

The nitty gritty.

The pod is a 1ml pod that has two fill holes on the bottom. You twist the base of the pod 45 degrees to access the fill holes. This is what had me somewhat concerned earlier about leaking. I'm happy to say, not a single drop was noticed, and I took the pod out several times to check.

The kit comes with a silicon sleeve that fits over the end of a dropper. I find it creates a bit of a mess, so I'm most likely going to just use a syringe and needle to fill the pod when it needs it. I'll give the sleeve a few more tries to see if there's a method that creates less of a mess, but I have a feeling that syringe and needle is the cleanest way to go unless your bottle has a fill tip on it.

The mod itself is pretty light and fits nicely in your hand. Button is nicely placed, and has a nice tactile "click" to it when vaping. Standard 5 clicks to turn on and off.

I didn't come close to using the entire 1 ml in the pod today. Looks like I used about half a mil. Not sure what the battery level is, and that's a slight negative. I'll use this as my primary device at home tomorrow to get a feel for how long the battery will last with constant use.

Verdict. Not a bad little device if you need something small and stealthy and can't vape continuously throughout the day. With the 45mg nicotine salts, I was even keel all day long with no urgent urge to sneak out and have a quick vape.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Forgot to mention last night that it took less than an hour to charge back up via the USB port on my notebook cooler. Considering they say it takes approximately 2 hours for it to charge to "full", I'm guessing I was at around the 50 percent mark last night.

Started using it at 0500 and will use it as my primary device until it says it's done to get a feel for the actual use time on the thing.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Well color me impressed! This is a pretty nice little device if you don't need to (or in my case, can't) honk on it all day long. It's one of the reasons why I opted for the 45mg salts.

At work, I get two 15 minute breaks and an hour for lunch. Every now and then, an opportunity presents itself for a quickie stealth vape as well. The battery lasted the entire day and didn't even get down to the 30% battery level (indicated by a red light when pressing the fire button).

The nitty gritty.

The pod is a 1ml pod that has two fill holes on the bottom. You twist the base of the pod 45 degrees to access the fill holes. This is what had me somewhat concerned earlier about leaking. I'm happy to say, not a single drop was noticed, and I took the pod out several times to check.

The kit comes with a silicon sleeve that fits over the end of a dropper. I find it creates a bit of a mess, so I'm most likely going to just use a syringe and needle to fill the pod when it needs it. I'll give the sleeve a few more tries to see if there's a method that creates less of a mess, but I have a feeling that syringe and needle is the cleanest way to go unless your bottle has a fill tip on it.

The mod itself is pretty light and fits nicely in your hand. Button is nicely placed, and has a nice tactile "click" to it when vaping. Standard 5 clicks to turn on and off.

I didn't come close to using the entire 1 ml in the pod today. Looks like I used about half a mil. Not sure what the battery level is, and that's a slight negative. I'll use this as my primary device at home tomorrow to get a feel for how long the battery will last with constant use.

Verdict. Not a bad little device if you need something small and stealthy and can't vape continuously throughout the day. With the 45mg nicotine salts, I was even keel all day long with no urgent urge to sneak out and have a quick vape.
Nice review. Will be interested to see how long the pods last. High nic nic salts are the ticket for these stealthy little devices, a few hits and you're good to go.

Reactions: Burnie

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
The pod lasted me pretty much the entire day. I didn't use it as much as I wanted to due to forgetting it on the table when I rushed out to get some things done. I suspect that if I had a lower strength e-liquid in it, I'd need two or three pods and several devices. :lol:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I continue to be pleasantly surprised by this mod. I've been using it all week, and even though it's just a 1ml pod, it lasts me throughout the entire day (again, I'm using 45mg e-liquids, so I don't have to hit on the thing continuously).

Even the charge lasts the day. I haven't given it a hard core test when I have a day off yet, but I'm beginning to suspect it will suffice, even then.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Been refilling this thing all week and haven't noticed a drop in flavor (I switched to the RY4 on Monday). Still working pretty good. I'd say after a day or two of using the pod, it's actually "broken in" at this point.

It's not really a tight draw, but it's not really airy, either (like a Protank). Kind of in between, which I find rather nice.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
BLECH! No wick, no coil my hind end! Tastes just like burnt cotton now. Going to dismantle the pod later and see what's inside the coil.

One thing's for sure. If I find a hint of a coil or cotton inside this thing, the company is going to get a very, VERY nasty letter.

Reactions: Burnie

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Welp, there's absolutely no chance of rebuilding these pods as getting into it totally destroys the pod. The mouthpiece is glued on and getting the mouthpiece out takes half the plastic of the pod with it. If they didn't glue the mouthpiece to it, you could even change the coil (couldn't get into that thing, either) as it just screws into the base.

There's definitely a wire coil of some sort in there, but I can't get the thing apart in order to see if there's an actual wick (sure tastes like there was).

At nearly 6 bucks a pop for a new pod, I'm not sure this is a keeper. It's a shame, too. Virtually everything else about the Cora is really nice and there wasn't a single drop of leakage. If those pods were to come down to say around between 2-3 bucks a pop, then I'd say it was something worth getting. As it is now? I have to think on it. On one hand, it really is a nice little device. But they're pretty spot on about the pod lasting around 5 refills. So you'd be replacing a pod once a week. Now you're looking at 24-30 bucks extra a month in pods. Yes, still cheaper than what you'd shell out for smokes each week, but it's the principle of the thing. :lol:

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Welp, there's absolutely no chance of rebuilding these pods as getting into it totally destroys the pod. The mouthpiece is glued on and getting the mouthpiece out takes half the plastic of the pod with it. If they didn't glue the mouthpiece to it, you could even change the coil (couldn't get into that thing, either) as it just screws into the base.

There's definitely a wire coil of some sort in there, but I can't get the thing apart in order to see if there's an actual wick (sure tastes like there was).

At nearly 6 bucks a pop for a new pod, I'm not sure this is a keeper. It's a shame, too. Virtually everything else about the Cora is really nice and there wasn't a single drop of leakage. If those pods were to come down to say around between 2-3 bucks a pop, then I'd say it was something worth getting. As it is now? I have to think on it. On one hand, it really is a nice little device. But they're pretty spot on about the pod lasting around 5 refills. So you'd be replacing a pod once a week. Now you're looking at 24-30 bucks extra a month in pods. Yes, still cheaper than what you'd shell out for smokes each week, but it's the principle of the thing. :lol:
Glad you tore into it. I've seen many claim their ceramic atomizers had no coil or wick- well they have to have some heating element and it's been a coil for others. The wick is often ceramic though for yours I'm wondering if they have cotton as well based on your observations. 5 refills is good though. Better than my One or two on my Myjets. I'm reserving my Myjets for stealth vaping and changed over to Ego one and Amor tank using CLR rebuildable coils which cuts down on vaping costs. I like the CLR coils better than my nautilus coils for flavor and cost savings.

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I haven't decided if this is a total thumbs down or what. It really IS a nice little device. It doesn't leak, it's compact, and with the 45mg nic salts in it, hits like a tank making for a nice all day setup.

I don't want to rebuild 'em (took it apart just to see if it could be done). I'm pretty tired of the hobby aspect of vaping. I'm looking for trouble free, ease of use at this point and the Cora pretty much delivers on that aspect.

The only drawback in my book are the price of the pods and the amount of eliquid they hold. 5 refills at just 1ml per fill isn't that much. I would expect it to last longer before the flavor starts to get nasty.

Sure, they're not terribly expensive (the pods), but there's something in the back of my mind that tells me there's something better out there.

Last edited:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I don't want to rebuild 'em
At the cost of the pods, if I can't rebuild them, it is a no go for me, no matter how good the vape. I DO like the hobby aspect of vaping, but I also like to save money. If pods we a buck each, well I might try it, but at current pricing, not for me. Thanks for checking it out for all of us. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread