retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Im using a product named "VFire", have anyone here used it?
It look preety good and it kinda cheap :D

I've moved your post to the appropriate thread.

Hmmm. Looks like we found the company who makes the Cora for VapeDynamics. Dead ringer for it, right down to the pod itself.

VFIRE_ALD Amaze

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
@retired1
I don't have a pod to look at, but what I can tell from the pictures I found, it looks like it would need to come apart from the bottom, not the top. Might be something to think about.

upload_2017-6-20_14-59-32.png

But to replace the coil, from this picture, it would HAVE TO come apart here to get the leads of the coil to the connection on the Cora. Something to look at :D

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I'll keep that in mind when the next coil goes Tango Uniform. The coil itself screws out of the base. I fought that sucker to a standstill and was able only to see the legs of the coil. Still wasn't able to break into the housing, even after squishing, twisting and generally destroying the coil itself.

Reactions: Burnie

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
But to replace the coil, from this picture, it would HAVE TO come apart here to get the leads of the coil to the connection on the Cora. Something to look at :D

Nope. The screw base is soldered into the base of the pod. Again, the coil just screws out of the base. This thing would be absolutely perfect if you could just replace the coil in the pod.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
if you could just replace the coil in the pod.
Yea, that is why I have not gotten one. I can't see the cost if I have to buy a new pod after 5 or so refills. I am quite good at taking stuff apart and getting it back together working, Some Day, I just may order one just to see if I can do it, but it will have to be a really good week where loosing a C note won't bother me. :)

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
It's interesting that they seem to be ordering from vape Dynamics for resale. Still searching to obtain original sourcing for the pods. Vape Dynamics has 'em for a buck cheaper than Puffer Cloud. I'd wager if I can source 'em direct from the OEM, they'd be even cheaper.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Vape Dynamics has 'em for a buck cheaper than Puffer Cloud.
I noticed that, but Puffer Cloud does not charge shipping, so ordering the Cora and a 2 pack of pods was less from them because of no shipping charge.

I looked around myself, and there is not a lot of options for ordering the Cora or the pods. Please let us know if you find anything. :)

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
@retired1
Back in the Day, when we were using carto tanks, we would boil the cartomizers several times to try to "Clean" them and get some more life out of them (and it did work), is that something you have tried with the Cora Pods? Just thinking out loud here trying to find a way to reduce the use cost of the pods. :)

Reactions: puckhead

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
@retired1
Back in the Day, when we were using carto tanks, we would boil the cartomizers several times to try to "Clean" them and get some more life out of them (and it did work), is that something you have tried with the Cora Pods? Just thinking out loud here trying to find a way to reduce the use cost of the pods. :)

I flushed with water and cleaned it out as best as I could. Whatever you do, don't dry burn that thing. It'll ruin it for sure.

I'm actually getting a ton of mileage out of one of these pods. Finally had to retire it after 2 weeks of steady use at work. Just dropped a new one in. Hopefully will get the same amount of use. If that becomes the norm, even better.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Well, the Cora does not seem to like high PG juice. I put in my 75/25 strawberry and brought the Cora to work today. At first it was OK, not great, but OK, about the same vapor/TH as a cartomizer, but after a couple hours I started getting a little juice in the mouth, one of the things I hate the worse. I have the pod setting (mouth piece down) on a paper towel to drain any juice out of the air channel, then when I get home I will suck out the 75/25 and try a 50/50 in it tomorrow.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Well an Update.

1) The Cora pods ARE NOT rebuild-able. The killer is gluing the mouth piece on, you HAVE TO remove the coil that way. If not for that, I think I MIGHT be able to rebuild them. When I get around to it I'll post pictures of it taken apart, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

2) It does use a ceramic wick, which is why it does not like thinner juice. I would recommend only High VG juice (70+). I can't do high VG juice, I get a real heavy chest if I do, so it is unusable to me.

3) The vape is also not for me at this point in my vaping. Makes me remember when I was using carto tanks (which I still do but with a Sophia in them instead of a carto). It is a mild low vapor draw, which would be good for a high MG/ML liquid.

I think it will still please a lot of vapers out there, but you have to get over the cost of the pods being good for 5 to 10 tanks, then pitching them.

Now, what to do with the Cora and the 2 replacement pods I got that I won't use. :facepalm:

Reactions: dansus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread