Vapers tounge??? I thought that you guys were goofing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
The losing taste thing happens to me if I only use one flavor ALL the time. Just buy several cheap tanks with different liquids, switch them up as needed, and you'll be fine. I always understood the term "vapor's tongue" to mean when your mouth gets dry and hurts a little. Kinda like if you ate a whole bag of Sour-Patch Kids candy. That's happened to me when I get a new flavor that I love and just can't put it down. If that's the case, take a break and drink lots of water. LOL

03FXDWG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
East Central, Missouri
I went the shock therapy route and it worked for me along with lots of water. I just kept alternating flavors--Cinnamon, Lemon, Chocolate, Spicy foods. I also brushed my tongue as well as my teeth before bed every night during my worst episodes. Menthol vaping made it worse. I also keep a supply of Lifesaver or Jolly Rancher candies in my purse along with Spearmint gum but those are usually to ward off the smell of other smokers and perfume addicts. My personal room fresheners when I can't vape to create my personal bubble.

I used to smoke Menthol, it doesn't help me either. I saw someone online said dip your finger in some salt then some sugar. I drank about a gallon of water today, and then dipped my finger in salt, and then sugar.... and Viola! I had some taste! YAY! Analogs taste like crap now, and juice with no flavor was bleh... I don't know why I got it. I don;t vape the same flavor all day long... Two are similar... I go back and forth between cinna-roll, caramel macchiato, and a chocolate (either ductch choc or almond joy). Menthol when my cravings hit hard. yesterday I added in an apple cider, and over the weekend, I had some butterscotch... The only thing I can come up with is that the butterscotch was a 50/50 blend, and I have been vaping 30/70. The dehydration thing makes sense... but the rest... I don't know. I am not sure WHY I got this, but I can say it BLEW. I carry between 4 and 6 clearos or glassos with me all the time. I don't know if certain flavors or blends make this worse, or can help... the sugar/salt thing helped. Thanks everyone for all the advice!!!

This Article was most helpful... Thank you. :thumbs:

*I've personally found that drinking a virgin 'sour mix' has helped re-boot my olfactory senses and allowed me to taste my juices better. :smokie:

Like the stuff for a whiskey sour? I can try that... I can keep that around. Will serve two purposes, taste bud rinse, and whiskey mix!!!

stephenwhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Saint Cloud,MN.
The main reason for vapors fatigue is smoking. Smoking damages the ofactory senses,thus damaging your sense of taste and smell. When you quit smoking,the body starts to repair itself,including the sense of smell and taste.Eventually the problem will go away,but the length of time varies from person to person.I started vaping about 4 months ago,and quit smoking about 2.5 months ago,and am just know starting to be able to vape one juice without loosing taste. I would generally only be able to vape a flavor for an hour or two before I couldn't taste it any more,and had to switch to a different flavor. And I really only vape fruity flavors which seems to be worse cause of the sweetners they use in them.So drink plenty of water,orange juice,or apple juice,which helped me,and switch flavors.And you can try smelling fresh coffee grounds like they say.They also say drinking coffee helps,But I think you said you drink a lot of coffee and tea,so that may not work for you,but might work for others.And if the problem doesn't go away within a few months,the article said you should consider seeing your doctor.Help I provides a little bit of help or knowledge.....:2c:

The main reason for vapors fatigue is smoking. Smoking damages the ofactory senses,thus damaging your sense of taste and smell. When you quit smoking,the body starts to repair itself,including the sense of smell and taste.Eventually the problem will go away,but the length of time varies from person to person.I started vaping about 4 months ago,and quit smoking about 2.5 months ago,and am just know starting to be able to vape one juice without loosing taste. I would generally only be able to vape a flavor for an hour or two before I couldn't taste it any more,and had to switch to a different flavor. And I really only vape fruity flavors which seems to be worse cause of the sweetners they use in them.So drink plenty of water,orange juice,or apple juice,which helped me,and switch flavors.And you can try smelling fresh coffee grounds like they say.They also say drinking coffee helps,But I think you said you drink a lot of coffee and tea,so that may not work for you,but might work for others.And if the problem doesn't go away within a few months,the article said you should consider seeing your doctor.Help I provides a little bit of help or knowledge.....:2c:

I fast tracked LOL, after starting vaping cigs just tasted like licking an ashtray. I was a 20 year PPD smoker, and I am only 34. I wonder if a few of the flavors being similar helped contribute? Funny you said apple juice, I drank a .... ton of cider of the weekend, maybe that was why it kicked it after work week, and back to coffee tea thing?? I know people keep saying time.... I am not into fruity juice... I like spicy heavy juices mostly... although butterscotch was YUM from MBV. Oh well, today was a little better.... maybe tomorrow will be better still. A week off the stink sticks, gotta be doing something right!!

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
ugh. Almost a week off analogs, and every single juice I have is tasteless now. Over vaping?? I don't vape the same juice all day long... similar flavors... but it is all tasting like nothing....
Turned up volts and fried an atty. Rinsed out tanks, tried starting over.... Suggestions???
Vaping: Cinna-roll caramel cappuccino caramel macchiato almond joy dutch chocolate apple cider (I can kinda taste) and a custom menthol blend ( 3 to one ratio of a new Marlboro blend, and double menthol)

frustrated, and seriously not wanting to smoke a cig! Help!!

Here is an interesting article on it: Vapor's Tongue or Vapor's Fatigue? | Mt Baker Vapor WikiMt Baker Vapor Wiki

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
Really?

I can't and won't vape cinnamon anymore, but when I tried it, long time ago, it paralyzed my mouth... literally.

I've heard both sides. I got a pretty strong, EXTRA flavor hot cinnamon when I had Vaper's Tongue. It was the only thing I could taste at the time. Yes it "paralyzes" your mouth :p, but this is actually more like a numbing sensation and passes within a minute or two. I vaped the cinnamon pretty hard for 2-3 weeks, and right now I can taste some HHV Shadow like YUM!!!

I really don't think it helps your taste buds, or makes them worse. It is however a pungent, strong, highly intoxicating flavor... great if you've got vaper's tongue and can't taste much else. I keep a bottle on standby just for it.

vaper62

Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Texas, United States
Chain vaper here! I get "vapor's tongue" often, usually if I vape the same flavor for hours on end.

Try the techniques listed, they should help. Especially the "drink water" tip. That works best for me, but then, I drink lots of water anyway! (1.5 gallons/day or so!) :D

Thanks for the post, gotta run to the restroom now!! LOL

4star60

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
St.louis
Ive been having a terrible time with it also.... I think it pretty much went away yesterday. Great vaping all day yesterday. Its been terrible the past couple of weeks. I thought it was because Ive had a bad cold. One thing, beside drinking alot of water, that helped me and my senses snap out of it was the Vicks Vapo-rub I used when I was sick? Who knows... Im just glad its much better.

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Upland, California, United States
Rinse your mouth out, brush your teeth, grab a lozenge (I really like Biotene products as they are meant to combat dry mouth), have a pickle, an olive or some sauerkraut, or vape a bit of unflavored base.

And avoid very strong flavors, at least for now--things like cinnamon, clove, citrus or too much sweetener and/or coloring will deaden your taste buds even more.

Biotine products? Like what exactly? My first week of solid vaping and I've done everything but biotene to help with dry mouth!

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I've had it twice. First time a week after I started vaping for 9 days, the second in the third week for three days. It sucks and I tried all the remedies people mentioned- I switch up flavors from the time I started vaping even until now 5-7 flavors a day, drink a load of water, brush teeth a lot and lightly brush my tongue...you name it, still got it, twice, and only time healed it.

I could still taste/smell food and drinks, just couldn't taste any of my juices. I did start putting in my daily rotation a nonflavored (Halo's Fusion) so my taste buds get a break. Fusion actually isn't bad for a non flavored at all. I will sometimes put only one or two drops of Halo's Prime (very light, clean tobacco w/a hint of nut or cocoa) in it. I haven't had vapors tongue again nearly 3 months later.

I also use Biotene gel off and on when my mouth feels dry. May get some Biotene mouthwash when the gel runs out. Don't panic, it will past but how long it lasts, it just varies. Try vaping light flavors or unflavored until it passes to give ur taste buds a break.

Panthersoul

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Roscoe, IL, USA
if youre vaping a stronger flavor everyone says water. ive noticed with some...my evo berry blast. i smoke it like...5hrs a day going on 3 weeks. had my first experiences with vapers tongue. found water didnt get rid of the dry tasteless feeling i was getting. so i wanted to try something else to hydrate. i bought the gatorade powder mix. fruit punch if it means anything. left it just a little bit watered down. and id sit back for a couple hours watch a movie have 2-3 10 glasses. and i was good again. also found clear sodas like sprite and sierra mist helped me personally. i found the clear soda worked while i was working one night. cook at a sports bar and a couple people i know were vaping and suggested it to help reset taste buds. i didnt beleive it til i tried it.

also if you drink alot of tea and coffee. i have a love for starbucks' white chocolate mocha. if i drink that and try vaping i dont taste much. could be hot/warm coffee. and the feeling it gives to the mouth. and its an overpowering taste.

soda and gatorade/powerade is cheap to try. if you continue to get the problem. try some options. hope it helps ^^

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
Same thing happened to me about one month into vaping. Could not taste any of my lighter juices. I have some DeKang mint which is more of a strong menthol and MBV Red Hots and I could still taste them. It passed in about a week. Now, when I have been chain vaping and lose my taste, I finds that a piece of hard candy (peppermint, root beer, butterscotch) seems to bring my taste back. It will pass.

I've heard both sides. I got a pretty strong, EXTRA flavor hot cinnamon when I had Vaper's Tongue. It was the only thing I could taste at the time.
I really don't think it helps your taste buds, or makes them worse. It is however a pungent, strong, highly intoxicating flavor... great if you've got vaper's tongue and can't taste much else. I keep a bottle on standby just for it.

Ummmm How long am I looking at? It seems to kinda come and go.... I am drinking insane amounts of water... I actually have an old prescription bottle of coffee grounds in my purse... I am "brushing" my tounge... This could happen again?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread