Vaping _X_tra - A new weekly series dedicated to REOvil & REOnauts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
So what your saying is as you turn the volume knob down the distortion diminishes? Correct?

It's hard to explain. It's more like a feedback that sounds like it doesn't belong there if the guitar volume is anywhere above off or less than full.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Is is squealing at all? Is that what you are trying to explain? If that is it then you have a problem with your volume / gain setting then...

It seems the amp is good - I was thinking outloud to try to trouble shout what it could be that causes sharp impacts to the guitar to make it go from distorted to clean. Weird man, weird but prolly a trait of lesser cost guitars? Would it be worth exploring the pickup repair or just hope it lasts till I can get a new guitar?[emoji450]

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Is there a guitar repair shop anywhere around you? It would be worth taking it to someone to look at. I still think it is something in the settings. Kids probably moved one and your just not catching it...

The repair shop is a good idea :). Settings are cool. All it takes is a sharp whack to the guitar to either make it go all acoustic or distortion capable :)

The other moral is I didn't need a new amp because the prob is in the guitar but I'm very happy to have that new one. It hides much more of my lack of skill :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I would take it into the shop. It's probably only like a $25-50 fix if that... Just wait till the wife finds out it was the guitar!!!

Thanks man. :). She's on a need to know basis and I'll try to hide it from her :).

Would you put that money into a lesser guitar like that or just get a new one?

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
It would all depend on if you like the guitar and how it plays. My brother is constantly picking up some new/used guitars all the time and still isn't really happy with what he has. He is still in what I would call the beginner phase. I bought my Washburn about 12 years ago for $100 and beat the $&!* out of it every opportunity I get and I totally love it. It's easy to play and still sounds great. I have friends that own Martin's and Taylor's that are in the $2500 range that are dumbfounded by how easy playing and great sounding mine is. I do need to replace the nut up top on it though. My B string has a little bit of a twang to it. Still sounds great though...

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
It would all depend on if you like the guitar and how it plays. My brother is constantly picking up some new/used guitars all the time and still isn't really happy with what he has. He is still in what I would call the beginner phase. I bought my Washburn about 12 years ago for $100 and beat the $&!* out of it every opportunity I get and I totally love it. It's easy to play and still sounds great. I have friends that own Martin's and Taylor's that are in the $2500 range that are dumbfounded by how easy playing and great sounding mine is. I do need to replace the nut up top on it though. My B string has a little bit of a twang to it. Still sounds great though...

No. I don't really like it. I liked the like $450 black Jackson with the locking bridge and higher quality pickups I brought home along with a decent size - I think 2 driver line 6 amp about 8 years ago. When I informed my wife of the cost it was returned the next day. It did play really easy. Big difference between the action on that and the one "kit" with the guitar and amp she let me get. I think it was like $189 for the guitar, amp, cable, tuner, soft case and stand. Yep. Inexpensive. The Jackson / line 6 was definitely more than I need but damn do I want a better guitar like I want a car with ballz. Sucks getting old bro :). When you know not how to play, every little advantage helps :)

I think I'll work with it until it does the clean thing again then present my case :)

Thanks for all your input my brother.

I plan to bust out some guitar work in front of the cam this Friday night. Don't laugh too hard. Just trying to decide if I should have Winston do it it me.

Oh, if you get a chance, search up a vid on YouTube key words "slayer on little girls instruments". It's pretty funny watching an old dude like me and perhaps his son tear up a little pink guitar and drum kit :) wait: here's a link :)

http://youtu.be/YD-1fBWHioA

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Russ your guitar can be easily fixed and as far as how well it plays have the luthier do a basic setup for a metal player light gauge strings and low action . Even the cheapest guitars can be made to play easy . Your looking at roughly $75 versus buying another guitar and having the little lady toss you in the dog house

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Yes, I'm guessing that the guitar can be made right - but can I?

Guitars that would rather be struck than strummed, kids detuning said guitar (like the string was really slack) , sorry ayuss picking, a very tired old dude in a funny hat (yes I worked till 3:00am last night) this video has it all :)

http://youtu.be/6NVluZtfjLM

I'm gonna take a nap :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread