Vaping Banned in Another 5 Countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinGAVIN

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Manila, Philippines
You have to wonder if he'd ban vehicles if a relative lost his life in a car accident. It's got to be related to cigarette tax losses and lost kickbacks from somewhere. It's about the money ... it's almost always about the money.

It probably is about the money, then again, the president, and his actions don't really make sense to me.
He put his no smoking policy in place in his city when he was still a mayor. It was one of his campaign promises when he was running for president and enacted an executive order to make his smoking ban nationwide when he won.

Reactions: stols001

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
How do you feel about being called a flip? How do other Filipino's like being called flips?
Im genuinely curious and mean no slight, denali_1 seems to think there is no problem with it.

i am a "joe" and i live there .i get called joe quite often on a daily basis
you are "..."uming every country in the world had racial issues
i live there,you don't

LX1X

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
Fee State
How do you feel about being called a flip? How do other Filipino's like being called flips?
Im genuinely curious and mean no slight, denali_1 seems to think there is no problem with it.
Im a flip.. and when people ask me where I'm originally from .. i say flip.. it's just short for Filipino.

It's an old military slangs... You know.. like G.I. Joe's. [emoji16]

Last edited:

smokinGAVIN

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Manila, Philippines

It don't really think anything of it. I have never heard the word flip used in that context nor have I been ever called one. I also thought joe meant soldier. Short for G.I. Joe. I'm not sure how other Filipinos feel about it.

LX1X

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
Fee State
It don't really think anything of it. I have never heard the word flip used in that context nor have I been ever called one. I also thought joe meant soldier. Short for G.I. Joe. I'm not sure how other Filipinos feel about it.
Not common in the PI unless you are near a heavy tourist area... mostly used here in the states..

Flip could also mean flipping from Filipino to American citizenship (me)

What does flip mean? flip Definition. Meaning of flip. OnlineSlangDictionary.com

WWII GI used the word (were most think it's originated).

Meaning has changed.. only the easily offended feels it's deragatory word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread