Not open for further replies.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
FWIW, I think there are some things in that article that are over-stated, e.g:

San Francisco has banned the sale of flavored e-liquids, not possession. There's a big difference. You're not going to get busted if you bring your favorite flavored liquids with you while visiting the place.

Still being sold too. No telling when they will get around to telling the vape shops they have to stop.

Reactions: stols001

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Surprised about the Philippines, guess it's pressure from the tobacco corps, won't be anything to do with health for sure. Fancied a trip to the PI but dreaded the thought of the food, this might just be the nail in the coffin.

Be interesting to see if the recent meetings between pressure groups and the various ministries here in Thailand will have any effect. One can hope but it'll take time and the Tobacco Monopoly (that's it's real name) ain't likely to give in easily, they'll just throw more money at whoever they need, welcome to SE Asia.

Thailands system of government and culture is paradoxical and lacks all integrity. Vaping may be banned but there are still brick and mortar stands in markets selling vape Gear and liquids. People also vape regularly.

The laws against vaping in Thailand merely enable the authorities to indiscriminately gain revenue from unseasoned tourists who vape and don't know the rules. It's quite an insult.

Thai people generally do not vape so most of those vaping in Thailand are tourists and ex-pats.

The system is not designed to put vapers in jail. That costs the Thai government money. The standard procedure to resolve a vaping offence is to offer a bribe. That's how it works in Thailand with farang. They aren't interested in morality and right or wrong or improving their nation. They only care about money. Brothels and strip clubs, child prostitution and the illegal sale of arms is sufficient illustration to show this is not a nation that cares about the well being of their citizens much less tourists.

Thailand is not the same since the death of the King or since he got sick.

Shame on Thailand. I didn't go there last year because of these laws against vaping.

The last thing I was going to do was put my cigarette cessation at risk for some corrupt, immoral third world country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Thailands system of government and culture is paradoxical and lacks all integrity. Vaping may be banned but there are still brick and mortar stands in markets selling vape Gear and liquids. People also vape regularly.

The laws against vaping in Thailand merely enable the authorities to indiscriminately gain revenue from unseasoned tourists who vape and don't know the rules. It's quite an insult.

Thai people generally do not vape so most of those vaping in Thailand are tourists and ex-pats.

The system is not designed to put vapers in jail. That costs the Thai government money. The standard procedure to resolve a vaping offence is to offer a bribe. That's how it works in Thailand with farang. They aren't interested in morality and right or wrong or improving their nation. They only care about money. Brothels and strip clubs, child prostitution and the illegal sale of arms is sufficient illustration to show this is not a nation that cares about the well being of their citizens much less tourists.

Thailand is not the same since the death of the King or since he got sick.

Shame on Thailand. I didn't go there last year because of these laws against vaping.

The last thing I was going to do was put my cigarette cessation at risk for some corrupt, immoral third world country.

I have lived in Thailand more than 20 years. I agree with almost everything you said except the part about the "brick and mortar shops" in weekend markets. In the past year the police have raided the markets regularly to arrest those people. They are operating on card tables set up for the night. There are no real shops in this country that sell vape gear. They also shut down all but a few online sites selling vape product and only left those open willing to pay and in a few cases connected to officials who are supposed to be enforcing these laws. I agree since the Kings death it has only gotten worse.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Wouldn't they have to allow some grace time to comply with the new ban? I don't see how any new ban can take effect immediately. Most times when there are new regulations, there's a specific date they take effect.

In a 1st world country thats how its done ,3rd world -- whole different story

• Agree

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
The time for being nice is passé...

Ahh it's Qorax! I love your reviews. They are so informative and full of enthusiasm and passion for vaping.

I got a clone Kayfun after I watched your reviews lol

smokinGAVIN

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Manila, Philippines
Vaping ban here in the Philippines has nothing to do with the Tobacco companies. It's all about the presidents view on smoking. He lost a loved one to lung cancer and that's actually the root of it. I have yet to see or hear about someone getting caught or punished for breaking that law. I just look around and if I don't see any authorities I vape. There are a number of bars and even one or two restaurants that I know of that have smoking areas, some indoors and some outdoors. All you have to do is ask the security guards where you can smoke or vape and they will let you know where to go.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Vaping ban here in the Philippines has nothing to do with the Tobacco companies. It's all about the presidents view on smoking. He lost a loved one to lung cancer and that's actually the root of it. I have yet to see or hear about someone getting caught or punished for breaking that law. I just look around and if I don't see any authorities I vape. There are a number of bars and even one or two restaurants that I know of that have smoking areas, some indoors and some outdoors. All you have to do is ask the security guards where you can smoke or vape and they will let you know where to go.
So he lost a loved one to lung cancer, and because of that he wants smokers to keep dying from lung cancer. Makes sense!

JimBob Smith

Multiple ID Suspension
Jul 18, 2018
If it's true that vaping is banned in those countries, they sure don't enforce it very well. I've been to Thailand and Malaysia and I saw plenty of people vaping. I'm sure it has something to do with the not-so-honest government and cops. You can bribe any cop in Malaysia for the right price. Although, I can see enforcement getting stronger as the country gets more developed.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Oh, I'm not so sure. You can probably buy any cop in Tucson, for the right price. Granted, it is little Mexico in some ways, but.... You can PROBABLY buy any cop in Tucson for the right price, but I sure have never tried it because you can be shot by any cop in Tucson if he/she is in the correct mood, so there is that.

Also, peeps with the bad freaking attitude because a loved one died from SMOKING sheesh, maybe it's time to grow up and realize that you may be the leader or even the DICTATOR of a country but that doesn't mean your RELATIVES are going to like you, do what you ask, or do ANYTHING other than blowing smoke in your face, so the person you should be taking it out on is your RELATIVE, not your freaking... populace.

IDK what it is with leaders these days.... :lol: Laughing so I don't cry.

Anna

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
The report is wrong. It's not banned in Malaysia. Technically shops should not stock juice containing nic (but many do) which can only be sold be registered medical outlets and some states have cracked down on smoking in certain areas but that's smoking, which also includes vaping, not just vaping.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
I guess that my list of third world countries and places that I will never set foot in again has just expanded, and that includes places in the US too, like San Francisco, which I consider to be a third world place.

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm watching an episode of "Locked up Abroad" one day in the future, and the episode is about some unfortunate person who gets thrown into a third world hellhole prison for the extremely severe and horrible crime of vaping, and they get sentenced to 7 years of hard labor. 3 years for possessing a vape pen, 2 years extra for possessing a flavored juice and 2 years extra for visiting this forum and promoting illegal vape propaganda.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der

need to ask,are you a flip or a joe ??

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
So he lost a loved one to lung cancer, and because of that he wants smokers to keep dying from lung cancer. Makes sense!

You have to wonder if he'd ban vehicles if a relative lost his life in a car accident. It's got to be related to cigarette tax losses and lost kickbacks from somewhere. It's about the money ... it's almost always about the money.

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
Vaping ban here in the Philippines has nothing to do with the Tobacco companies. It's all about the presidents view on smoking. He lost a loved one to lung cancer and that's actually the root of it.

If above is true it means president is an ..................... well, let say...
...."He has great difficulty connecting causes and effects."

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I have traveled to and from the Philippines numerous times in the past ... In fact, I lived in 'Bacolod City' for 5 years straight before coming back here to the US about 6 years ago.

What bothers me is the police corruption at the Manila airport .... Prior to the election of president Duterte, certain authorities at the airport would put a bullet in a traveler's baggage and then bust them during the inspection .... These "Crocodiles" would then extort money from the traveler, or take them to jail if they would not pay up.

The bottom line is .... I just hope they don't start extorting foreign travelers for vape gear they actually find in there luggage.

BTW ... I will be flying from the US to Manila, Philippines the first week of Aug. (and I plan on taking my vape gear with me)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread