Vaping etiquete revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treywingo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2014
The Swamp, Florida
Walking through Walmart, calmly vaping on my eGrip, isn't being discourteous. Not blowing clouds, about all someone will notice is a slight coffee smell.

The antis started with nothing. They've been pushing us under the umbrella of smokers: allowing that does not serve us. It's just paying the Dangeld

"We'll agree to these restrictions. Now please stop pushing" NEVER works

The cloud blowing is irrelevant, what it shows is that some have this impression that they are in a sense "special". I am a bit of an oddity, I was a dip user for 12 years before I found vaping. I would go in anywhere with my spitter and chew. My initial comment should have been clarified, I try to be considerate of my fellow vapers. By vaping in places like stores and restaurants your " rebellion " implies that we think we are special. I don't stand in the smoking shack, I stand out of the way, or even vape all the way up to the door. The whole "it's not a cigarette" argument will only carry you so far. Why do you think vaping is being banned in so many places? Because people get offended and complain. As a former government employee I have an insight on how they operate. They love to seek out the "special" groups. Back to the cloud blowing and being considerate, if I stand next to you and fart loudly would you be offended, even if it didn't stink?( I am in no way comparing vaping to farting ) this is all just my skewed opinion .

Just curious, if this debate ends with a shoot-out at the OK Corral on the stroke of midnight?

Shoot out at midnight? Lets not be silly.

...I do my killin' after breakfast.

On a more serious note you can't go through life without offending people and to be honest we're only really talking about the thin skinned ones. For me, my standard is to follow the rules where I am and don't draw attention to myself...that depends on the location and situation.

In a store, of course I'm not going to vape. It's not on any level a social norm to do so there. In a smoking bar (what few we have left here in Virginia) I'm not even going to ask permission. Everywhere else in between it depends on the situation. At work the job bans smoking and vaping but in reality no one cares unless it's in front of the customers thus my "bladder problem" :)

zahzoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
AR, USA
www.myretrolounge.com
What will you fine folks do when smoking is no longer allowed Anywhere?

Welcome all the smokers who will want to join the advocacy groups active in the vaping world...

Seriously... I know it's an ANTZ dream world to eliminate smoking/tobacco usage on a global basis. But should an out-right, across the board usage ban go into any wide-spread effect... I'll fully expect the WHO, CDC, ALA, ACS, AHA join hands with Big-Tobacco and all government entities currently addicted to tobacco taxes and settlement fees to do a huge 180 degree about face as they see their massive revenue streams drying up...

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I vape most anywhere I please, but it is with a mild menthol at lower wattages and some common sense. I learned about stealth vaping early on, and I enjoy the freedom to take a few steps away or go to a restroom and have a good vape. You won't see a cloud, nor will you smell much of anything. I don't choose to bring attention to my habit, so I can enjoy it pretty much anywhere. It keeps me from smoking, and that's worth a little effort to be considerate of others.

I save my rebellion for speed limits.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I wonder how differently things would be viewed if vaping didnt produce a visable cloud on exhale....

That is a very interesting question Bunnykiller.

Someone out there makes juice that if held for a couple of seconds has no visible vapor on exhale. I can't find the link, but if I do I'll post it.

I imagine it is a high pg, high water mix, but I have not tried to replicate it. Should be easy enough to do though.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Someone out there makes juice that if held for a couple of seconds has no visible vapor on exhale. I can't find the link, but if I do I'll post it.

I imagine it is a high pg, high water mix, but I have not tried to replicate it. Should be easy enough to do though.
Meh, I can vape my usual 65-70% VG juice with virtually nothing visible when I exhale if I choose to. I've done this for it for hours on end in in full view of the public when working trade show booths, using the same gear I normally do (bottom-feeding mods with small-chambered RDAs). I don't find it quite as satisfying as vaping normally, but it's good enough to keep me from resorting to nicotine gum. I use the same technique discreetly in various other places, and no one has ever objected.

Welcome all the smokers who will want to join the advocacy groups active in the vaping world...

Seriously... I know it's an ANTZ dream world to eliminate smoking/tobacco usage on a global basis. But should an out-right, across the board usage ban go into any wide-spread effect... I'll fully expect the WHO, CDC, ALA, ACS, AHA join hands with Big-Tobacco and all government entities currently addicted to tobacco taxes and settlement fees to do a huge 180 degree about face as they see their massive revenue streams drying up...

Naw, liberals (from both parties) can and do easily live with the dichotomy. They don't equate their beliefs in running other peoples live with real world consequences. XYZ is bad for you, what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

I Boxer I

Feb 7, 2015
Ohio, USA
I don't vape anywhere smoking is prohibited. I also try to only vape in public places where I know vaping is acceptable (An example would be in a game store that's owned by a guy that vapes). For the most part I try to keep it to myself because I have found that a large portion of the population (At least the ones I have come in contact with that are against vaping) Are against it because of something outrageous (And vague) they heard on the nightly news or some misconstrued gossip.

I'm always happy to change peoples negative opinions towards vaping but there are some people who formulate opinions and then inject those opinions into your life all while refusing to discuss the nature of their distaste and that really frustrates me.

So because of that I stay away from people and places in public where I know I will be blindly ridiculed with snide one sentence remarks. At the end of the day everyone has the freedom to do what they do (as long as they abide by the law) so I take that opportunity to avoid situations that are less than ideal.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA

I vape 60/40 pg/vg and can produce no vapor if I pause prior to the exhale for a bit. Will be practicing it in the plane tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread