Vaping Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpjrt

Jan 29, 2011
S.W. Ontario
This is a great thread. I'm still very new to vaping ... and just getting used to using the term "vaping" within my own home. I take my PV with me and vape in my car ... but while it might be in my purse while shopping/visiting/whatever ... it hadn't yet occurred to me that it might be okay to vape there. Since, however, we will be traveling next week, I was wondering what the etiquette might be.

I tend to be of the stealth tendency for the most part ... but I was wondering what I would say to folks by way of explanation ... and the answers here have been very helpful. I so prefer the "personal vaporizer" tag as opposed to the 3-cig tag!

Mary

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I follow no-smoking rules because I don't want to offend anyone's personal space to the point where there ends up being ordinances against ecigs too. I vape in smoking areas, and where you can't smoke I vape stealthily in a bathroom stall (using juice with vague or fruit or vanilla aroma, and exhale toward my chest or lap).

A lot of people aversion to cigarettes in psychological - I'm sure we've all encountered people in the past who started coughing because you were holding an unlit cigarette or coughing when they saw your cigarette but were upwind of you. For people like that - all they need to do is see it to get in a hissy fit. I prefer not to piss people off - that's just how I am.

BTW - If you want to let others try your ecig - bring an extra carto or cart. I would be worried about herpes (the canker sore kind - I don't get those and I don't particularly want the virus)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread