The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaping in your hotel room?

Discussion in 'Travel and E-Cig' started by Zutankhamun, Jun 14, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Do you vape in your hotel room when on holiday in a place where vaping is fine?

Tl;dr do you vape in your hotel room? ;)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Firestorm

Firestorm Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chicagoland
    Yes and yes ;)

• Like Like x 5
  3. 73neb

73neb Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 27, 2014
    N. California Bay Area
    I've vaped in dozens of "non-smoking" hotel rooms over the past three and a half years. Never had a problem except once when the fire alarm went off. Manager showed up at my door within 30 seconds. Came in, looked around, asked what the smell was, had I been burning candles or anything and left. After that incident, and only while vaping, I would cover the smoke alarms with a plastic bag or one of the shower caps they leave in the bathroom.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. 2GLR

2GLR Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Cedar Rapids
    Samething happened 5 years ago. After that I have turned the air conditioning down really cold, and blown my vapor towards the floor.

In one hotel, they stated smoke free hotel, then had signs including ecigarettes. In that one I vaped in the bathroom with the vent on, like a teen ager smoking.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Hawise

Hawise Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    I have. I've heard from several people who set off fire alarms but I never have - perhaps because I'm a tootle puffer. I also usually use unflavoured, but since a lot of flavours could be mistaken for toiletries I don't suppose it's all that important.

• Like Like x 4
  6. tw33k

tw33k Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I do it all the time and I have never set off the fire alarm. Just lucky? Maybe but I don't blow huge clouds and fill the room with vapor

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dieseler

Dieseler ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    Sure i vape in hotel room.

• Like Like x 2
  8. freebrd1975

freebrd1975 Full Member

Oct 25, 2013
    brunswick ga
    i vape almost everywhere

• Like Like x 2
  9. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    In most states, covering or otherwise tampering with a smoke detector in your hotel room is considered a criminal offense. And as most hotels that ban vaping consider it the same thing as smoking, getting caught could very well lead to some hefty charges and/or fines.

If the hotel allows vaping, fine. If it doesn't and you insist on vaping anyway, it's all on you if you're caught.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. cakes488

cakes488 Full Member

Apr 22, 2015
    New York
    Yes I vape in hotel rooms....absolutely. I also don't use stinky juice. Furthermore, I'm using very old ecig "technology" so huge plumes are also not an issue...that coupled with 70pg 30vg and I'm all good.

• Like Like x 3
  11. BlueMoods

BlueMoods Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2010
    USA - Arkansas
    I ask when I check in, if they say no vaping, then it isn't a big deal to step outside for a vape. Some simply don't know what vape smells like and, by asking, they sometimes ask me to demo it for them. Once I do it's fine.

As for smoke alarms, I've set them of with a humidifier because my roommate for that trip needed high humidity to sleep properly - that set off the smoke alarm. So will using the shower to steam up the room in some hotels.

Best policy is, that if it is posted then, go outside, if the laws of the location consider vaping the same as smoking, get a smoking room or go outside. If there is nothing posted and, the law does not forbid it, ask.

• Like Like x 3
  12. BOBOKOR

BOBOKOR Full Member

Aug 9, 2017
    ANYANG, SOUTH KOREA
    Yes, why not?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Zutankhamun

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Ah. The ceilings were too high and I would have had to set up a rickety stepping system atop the bed.

I just used the balcony :(

This time...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Introverted

Introverted Registered Supplier

Aug 7, 2017
    Ohio
    Looks like it's already been mentioned but be weary of fire alarms. For me, it would very much depend on the type of hotel as to whether I asked, vaped, or just stepped outside. I normally stay in some pretty questionable hotels, lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    I have only been in one hotel since I started vaping and I vaped outside like a smoker, as I would most any non-smoking indoor place these days. I recently set off the downstairs smoke detector in our house by blowing a few clouds down there after 2 years vaping (and my office being right next to it).

• Like Like x 1
  16. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 19, 2015
    Honestly? I've only stayed in a hotel room one time since I've been vaping.. (No, I don't travel much.. lol) but no, I didn't vape there. I do follow rules, its respectful (imho)

(I know, I know.. this makes me a geeky homebody or something... but it's only right in my opinion, I'm paying for the privilege of staying in someone else's place, so I follow their rules, whatever they are. It's not my home, it's someone else's.)

• Like Like x 4
  17. MrStik

MrStik Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2013
    SoCal
    Well I commend you for that. But I say screw the hotels for charging an additional "resort fee" to make us pay for things they have always given for free. I vape with the AC on full blast, away from any smoke detectors.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Zutankhamun

May 22, 2015
    Rapture

• Like Like x 2
  19. Zutankhamun

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Just coincidences? :?:

I think we spend too much money on vaping...

• Like Like x 3
  20. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 19, 2015
    Hahaha.. no.. I wouldn't be getting hotel rooms even if I was a non vaper/non smoker. I've seen the world, now I'm home.

And coincidence? Probably not, unless he went to the same funeral in West Virginia that I did!

• Like Like x 2