Vaping is NOT smoking cigs, grr

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenEyesDon'tLie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2012
MD, USA
I've had that happen a few times. I guess they just can't understand without going through it, most smokers don't know that it's really the other few thousand chemicals they're addicted to.

On the other hand, I've had a few random smokers ask to try my PV and heard "Holy <expletives> that's good!". Just depends on whether they're open-minded or not

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Don't push him. Occassionally bring up how great it is to have stopped smoking and how much more you enjoy vaping. If he is at all interested he'll ask how to go about getting started.

I've loaned out beginner 808 batteries and eGo style batteries to people at work who said that they were interested, but none of them have converted. They have to have a solid reason to really want to quit. No amount of prodding or guilt by you will encourage him.

noi_max

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
Portland OR
Maybe it's odd but I don't try to convert anyone. If they want to smoke stinky cigs it's their own business. If they want to know more about my PV then I tell them all about it.
Nothing a smoker hates more then someone nagging them to quit or try an alternative. If they want to try vaping I'll be more than happy to help though.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
People who want to quit and are open minded will look at vaping with a positive attitude. If you are already negative about it you'll never like it.

Go ahead and get that script for chantix, when you are wearing a leopard thong walking down the street having thoughts of suicide don't call me.

noi_max

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
Portland OR
People who want to quit and are open minded will look at vaping with a positive attitude. If you are already negative about it you'll never like it.

Go ahead and get that script for chantix, when you are wearing a leopard thong walking down the street having thoughts of suicide don't call me.

I took Chantix and it was bad. would not recommend it to anyone. Oh and it was zebra print, not leopard.

GreenEyesDon'tLie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2012
MD, USA
I took Chantix and it was bad. would not recommend it to anyone. Oh and it was zebra print, not leopard.

I don't even understand how they got away with releasing Chantix. If suicidal depression is a side effect on the bottle, they need to go back to the lab and try again. My doctor actually tried to get me to take it once, wrote me a prescription, but thankfully I was smart enough not to take it. That was already a bad time in my life, Chantix on top would have been tragic.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
soo, a buddy of mine, a current smoker, walks by the smokehut and sees me vaping...says,"I see you 'quit' smoking".. sarcastically. Still trying to make a convert out of him. just a useless vent post:)

they just don't get it. sigh.

Next time he's drinking a coke, walk by and say "Having a beer on company time, there, I see!" Afterall, a coke can and a beer can look the same,,,,,,he must be drinking beer.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
Anything that has suicidal thoughts as a side effect should be taken off the shelves.

Even that ambien whatever it is called should be taken off the market do to the fact you can sleep drive. Scary.

Oh God, please, don't do that! LOL,,,I take cymbalta,,,,,technically, it's an anti-depressent,,,,,,,,,I take it because they discovers it takes away pain as well,,,,,,,,without cymbalta, I hate to think the kind of pain I'd be in,,,I remember it too well!!!!

Better doctor care could stop many of those suicide cases,,,,,,,too many docs today just write a script without really watching you, checking on the side effects, etc,,,,,,,,,I have to go in every 3 months for my script so they can make sure I'm ok, have no side effects (except the pain is lessened), etc,,,,,

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
they just don't get it. sigh.

Next time he's drinking a coke, walk by and say "Having a beer on company time, there, I see!" Afterall, a coke can and a beer can look the same,,,,,,he must be drinking beer.

Or maybe a rum and coke or jack and coke heh.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Oh God, please, don't do that! LOL,,,I take cymbalta,,,,,technically, it's an anti-depressent,,,,,,,,,I take it because they discovers it takes away pain as well,,,,,,,,without cymbalta, I hate to think the kind of pain I'd be in,,,I remember it too well!!!!

Better doctor care could stop many of those suicide cases,,,,,,,too many docs today just write a script without really watching you, checking on the side effects, etc,,,,,,,,,I have to go in every 3 months for my script so they can make sure I'm ok, have no side effects (except the pain is lessened), etc,,,,,

If it works for you that is awesome :)

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
Nothing a smoker hates more then someone nagging them to quit or try an alternative. If they want to try vaping I'll be more than happy to help though.

This. though my father in law missed me since I wasn't in the garage with him smoking constantly, decided it must work since he hadn't seen me in a week.

Decided to make the leap when he got a minor operation done and had to stay at the hospital a few days and wouldn't be able to smoke. He hasn't looked back, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread