Vaping is so hard. Why oh why. help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2016
I've been researching vaping for past couple of weeks but every single time I'm disappointed. I currently smoke pack a day and I was trying to get rid of it.

I've been to numerous vendors and every single one of them offer "kits" that'll only last me for one week, details is confusing and most of the information is missing.

When I go to order coils separately, they're out of stock.

If I'm going to start, I don't wanna be without it and I'm quite paranoid about it. I don't wanna spend $100 on something just to get back to smoking.

Why does it have to be so hard? Why are vendors not providing information that's necessary? Why are the out of stock? Why oh why.

help me god

I'm in India btw and there is UK vendor (Litejoy) that I was trying to order it from since all other seems not so reputable. I can order it from US or UK but that'll just delay the shipping.

Has anyone been in the situation where you're out of stock? What happens then? Do you go back to cigarette? how do you cope with nicotine craving while you don't have your electronic vapor/cigarette?

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
So, what is not working with these kits that you get?

Also, clarify please... you want to buy from the UK or not? You said, "I'm in India btw and there is UK vendor (Litejoy) that I was trying to order it from since all other seems not so reputable. I can order it from US or UK but that'll just delay the shipping."

I'm sure we can find some reputable vendors in the UK for you. As far as what you do when you run out of vaping stuff... eventually you get to where you don't run out. You learn how many coils and how much liquid you need, and you always have a back up mod/battery. That takes some time though.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Kits can be a good thing when you start. But often they aren't the best gear around, and with a bit of knowledge you can get better equipment for less than the price of a beginner's kit. I started with a kit. I didn't know anything and felt a bit like you do.

You said they only lasted you a week. Do you mean they stopped performing? Like the coil got worn out and you didn't have replacement coils? If you buy a kit, at least make sure you get a good supply of replacement coils at the same time.

And don't give up too soon. It will start to make sense soon enough. If you tell us what kit you have maybe we can help you get up and running.

What's the situation in India? Can you buy stuff locally?

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I'm in India btw and there is UK vendor (Litejoy) that I was trying to order it from since all other seems not so reputable. I can order it from US or UK but that'll just delay the shipping.

I know little about the state of vaping in India other than you face import delays and possibly restrictions. But @GarfieldDC is in the same boat and may be able to help.

When you get a little further into the decision process (vaping style, budget etc.) we can all help with equipment suggestions and vendor recommendations.

GarfieldDC

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2013
india
I've been researching vaping for past couple of weeks but every single time I'm disappointed. I currently smoke pack a day and I was trying to get rid of it.

I've been to numerous vendors and every single one of them offer "kits" that'll only last me for one week, details is confusing and most of the information is missing.

If I'm going to start, I don't wanna be without it and I'm quite paranoid about it. I don't wanna spend $100 on something just to get back to smoking.

Why does it have to be so hard? Why are vendors not providing information that's necessary? Why are the out of stock? Why oh why.

help me god

Has anyone been in the situation where you're out of stock? What happens then? Do you go back to cigarette? how do you cope with nicotine craving while you don't have your electronic vapor/cigarette?
Glad to hear that you're trying to switch over to vaping and quit the cigarettes. Where are you in India? I'm from India as well. I was a smoker for 20 years and experimented with vaping for about a year until I found the right setup to help me quit completely. I've been smoke free for 8 months now.

We do have a community of vapers in India. But I do agree that most of the vendors who have setup online shops are out to make a fast buck and charge exorbitant prices for vape gear. There are a few in the community who order gear to sell within the community with a small markup. That is a more economical option than the online shops. The cheapest option is to order directly from China. But that involves a 3-4 week wait time to receive the products.

We also have a few local juice vendors that you could try instead of ordering them internationally.

Hit me up on PM if you need help. Lets get you off the stinkies. We can get you added to the community. You can check out the sale posts there as well (which happens every Friday).

GarfieldDC

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2013
india
Thanks for popping in Garfield... we'd all like to help, but we can't possibly have a handle on the situation there the way you can.
Thanks for tagging me Jim. I'm always happy to help someone get off the stinkies. I know what a positive impact switching to vaping has had for me.

The situation here in India still isn't very bad. But could get worse. Its good that we have a community of vapers here who support each other when needed.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @vapingisconfusing43. Glad to have you here!

Looks like help is on the way:)
Hit me up on PM if you need help.
Just an FYI. The OP will not be able to PM you until he has 5 posts (and the servers update at :25 past the hour).

GarfieldDC

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2013
india
Hello and welcome to the forum @vapingisconfusing43. Glad to have you here!

Looks like help is on the way:)

Just an FYI. The OP will not be able to PM you until he has 5 posts (and the servers update at :25 past the hour).
Thanks for the heads up Susan. I didn't realize the OP wouldn't be able to PM me. I'll reach out myself. [emoji4]

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
@vapingisconfusing43, if you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping.
Nicotine

A "general guideline" for nicotine concentration in e-liquid to the number of cigarettes smoked per day. If you are subohming (resistance under 1.0Ω) cut these nicotine levels by at least 50%.

06 mg = 10 cigarettes or less
12 mg = 20 cigarettes
18 mg = 30 cigarettes
24 mg = 40 cigarettes

eLiquid/Juice

PG = Propylene Glycol - the "flavor carrier" of e-liquid. A secondary source of "throat hit", but not as strong as the nicotine concentration. Some people have a sensitivity or even an allergy to PG. It's very thin.

VG = Vegetable Glycerin - the "vapor maker" of e-liquid. Used as a sweeter in many food sources, and also as a skin emollient. It's very thick. Often labeled just "Glycerine"

PG and VG are often used together in different ratios in e-liquid. For example, a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. Many juice vendors offer a range of different ratios as far as PG/VG.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran

help me god

Fortunately for me I buy ahead of time and never run low on anything. If you are serious about quitting smoking, then this will become an all or nothing solution.

Plan ahead. Buy stock that you know will last you a month or more and order in a timely fashion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread