Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
It can, depending on your bodies tolerance & nic in your system, nic mg/ml you vape, timing etc...

Nicotine is a stimulant similar to caffeine, some folks can drink 4 expressos & go to sleep no problems, some get all jacked up.

I miss the days when I could get all jacked up. Now I can coffee nap.

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018
It can, depending on your bodies tolerance & nic in your system, nic mg/ml you vape, timing etc...

Nicotine is a stimulant similar to caffeine, some folks can drink 4 expressos & go to sleep no problems, some get all jacked up.

i have been vaping 18mg/ml for 2 years now, so i should be fine ?

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I've never had a problem with it. When I smoked I needed a cigarette before bed in case the lack of nicotine woke me up before morning :) I've never been able to drink coffee though that would keep me awake.

Technically speaking it can do with some people as it's a stimulant...not exactly like caffeine though. If it's giving you trouble try not vaping just before :) Hope this helps.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas

No way for anyone to know or give an answer as to how you might be effected.
Every individual and their body/system is different.

Also depends on amount being vaped & timing, there is a big difference between vaping 3 mls per day of 18mg/ml nic or 30 mls per day of 18 mg/ml nic,, big difference in delivery device efficiencies.

Fairly easy to find out if nicotine is causing sleep problems,,, stop vaping or vape 0 mg/ml nic a couple hours before bed, if you see an improvement with your sleep you have your answer.

OP was not a smoker/tobacco user prior to vaping.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

Of you've been vaping 18 mg now for 2 years, why the concern over sleep now? I assume you slept fine all that time or you would have questioned that way before now.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
The human body has 2 completely unique and distinct sets of nicotine receptors...

One set causes your body to release epinephrine/serotonin which energizes you...one set causes your body to release melatonin which calms you down...

(Nicotine is the only "dual action" substance known...one of the reasons I ENJOY it so much.)

Your body...based on what it "needs" at the moment, circadian rhythm, etc....determines exactly WHICH set of receptors it will use to metabolize the nicotine...

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I forgot to take the patch off once during a prior pre-e-cig quit attempt. Was interesting.

It like Lucid Dreaming, and nic impacts your ability to fall into deep-sleep since it's a stimulant.
Not the recommended way to do Lucid dreaming if you're into that stuff.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I forgot to take the patch off once during a prior pre-e-cig quit attempt. Was interesting.

It like Lucid Dreaming, and nic impacts your ability to fall into deep-sleep since it's a stimulant.
Not the recommended way to do Lucid dreaming if you're into that stuff.

Yup, same vivid dreams made me pull the patch off an hour before bed every night. Of course then waking up and slapping a fresh patch on meant an hour or two of nic craving until I started to absorb enough again. No doubt contributed to the utter failure the patches were for me. I found the few times I was in the hospital while still smoking the gum was preferable as I could use it when needed and it kicked in faster. Still not enough to stop smoking all together. Probably like Snus without the whole "chew and park" routine with the gum.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I found the gum to be better too, but it irritates my GI tract.

They now allow the combined use of NRT's...so you could have put the patch on, and while waiting for that to kick in chewed a piece of gum...as long as you know your limits and do so wisely.

Facts & clinical evidence on Combination NRT | Help Them Quit

Before, the cautions on the labels said no to do so.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread