Vaping on the beach... Safely

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am probably going to sound stupid with my question, but I will ask anyway.

I am going on vacation in 2 weeks. I will be surrounded by smokers. They are all going to smoke on the beach. I will bring all my evods/spinners, but also want to bring my Lavatube (it would not do running out of power and be tempted to start smoking again).

My question is: How safe will it be to have my Lavatube (or any of my spinners/evods for that matter) stored in my beach bag? (of course, in the proper carrying cases for the batteries). I am thinking that it will be quite hot in Cuba in September, and even more so inside my bag.

I will keep my bag in the shade, but ... Will it be unsafe? Without being able to vape on the beach, it will be quite the challenge with all the smokers.

Sorry if my question is inane. I do not want a venting battery.

Not sure too much on the beach application (kinda funny with how close I live to the beach and I do not go... :facepalm: evar...), although I leave my battery case (sunglass case essentially with 4-6 18650's, spare attys, and juices), and my mods with batteries in them, in my work van with just the windows cracked some, when I am working. This has been a constant thing for me for the past ~4 months as it has been summer time here, some days seeing temps of 95*.

So I think your batteries should be fine in a beach bag. :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Stick one of those hard plastic ice packs in your beach bag. Make sure to wrap a towel around it to soak up any condensation. Lay your PV on it and cover them both with another cloth or part of the one that you've wrapped the ice pack with. That will keep it cool. Put it back into its cool space when you aren't using it and you should be good. :)

Have fun!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
You want to avoid overheating anything, especially exposing the batteries to sitting in direct sunlight. (For the same reasons you never leave batteries in a closed up car either. Li-On batteries don't do well being 'cooked' in high temperature environments.)

Now is the time of year to find all sorts of outdoor stuff on the cheap. Look for one of those small, soft-side, insulated lunch size cooler things with a zipper. And a freezer pack to go with. Keep your gear - or the freezer pack - in a zipper close baggy.

You still have the problem of extreme changes in temps (well, not so extreme even) and that having the potential to create a mess out of a tank leaking liquids. Even when it's hot outside - and hot in the car as well - all it takes is a tank to get exposed to some extra direct sunlight to create a flooding mess.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
You want to avoid overheating anything, especially exposing the batteries to sitting in direct sunlight. (For the same reasons you never leave batteries in a closed up car either. Li-On batteries don't do well being 'cooked' in high temperature environments.)

Now is the time of year to find all sorts of outdoor stuff on the cheap. Look for one of those small, soft-side, insulated lunch size cooler things with a zipper. And a freezer pack to go with. Keep your gear - or the freezer pack - in a zipper close baggy.

You still have the problem of extreme changes in temps (well, not so extreme even) and that having the potential to create a mess out of a tank leaking liquids. Even when it's hot outside - and hot in the car as well - all it takes is a tank to get exposed to some extra direct sunlight to create a flooding mess.

As long as it is in the shade and has air circulating around it, there should be no problem. Closed car...NOT good. Out in the shade? I haven't had any issues.
A towel does help insulate, even without the icepack. Living in Florida and I enjoy being outside just not in the sun, I have figured out a few things ;)

Reactions: Williamonet88
If you have a spare ticket I'm free for those two weeks. :D
Enjoy your vacation.

Maybe you should tag along with some of my friends from the UK that I am meeting there ;-)

Well, the icepack thingy would not work... No freezer in my room. Fridge is barely cold (I have been there before). Es Cuba! But I will keep my stuff kind of insulated and in the shade, The biggest challenge will be not to leave my gear behind with the Cubans... There was some tourists the last time that were using PV's and many of the resort staffs were interested as they were trying to quit smoking. Unfortunately for them, I do not think you can find e liquid down there and beside, the cost is too prohibitive with the salaries so low and the price of tobacco (like 60 cents a pack).

I did forget to mention the things others have; when leaving my stuff in my work van, even with windows vented, I generally try to make sure its all in shade/not direct sunlight. This is a big one not only for batteries though for bottles of juice as well!

Makes sense. It is not the time or place to experiment with boiled e juice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread