Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Its funny we never really cared about the stuff going into our lungs and residue etc when we smoked

Actually, many of us were. The problem is that ADDICTION being what it is, you register that information, you know about it, but you continue to do it anyway.

The *justification* process is precisely one of the cardinal characteristics of addiction. It allows people to continue to do stuff that they know is bad for them. (Ask any diabetic how hard it is to restrict sugar, another addictive substance.)

So, my feeling is, I absolutely dislike any and all comparisons to smoking when it comes to vaping.

We have decided to improve our lives, and with that, we have had to examine our addiction as well as renew our concerns about how some of our habits may have a destructive effect on our bodies. We were addicts, then became vaporers because we wanted something better for ourselves.

So, why not go all the way. Keep improving your vape and everything that surrounds vaping. I know some people balk at some of the concerns brought up about vaping, about certain substances in juice and certain materials used to hold juice.....and I say the heck with taking offense at this. It's all a new learning curve, it's about educating ourselves. Forge ahead......but there is no reason not to be cautious.

I find the healthier people get, the less likely they are to engage in things they think might be harmful. "Finding health" is often a HUGE light bulb turning on for people......A lot of people who find exercise, or vaping, or eating right, start looking carefully at other areas of their lives that might deserve some *improvement*. It has a domino effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread