Status
Not open for further replies.

Longhorn

Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
Streamwood, IL
Hi all...

Very new vaper here.

I'm sure this has been asked before (as I'm quite sure EVERYTHING has been asked before), but I promised my roommate that I would try and get some feedback on this. I think this question is geared more towards the more experienced (long term) vaper.

Will long term vaping indoors leave any king of residue in the home (walls, picture frames, etc.) as tobacco does? I have to admit, smoking indoors is kind of icky over time and I am not the owner of this house.

Thanks so much for your replys.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
I have noticed some on my car window, (driver side) but I don't know if it's actually the stuff in the vapor or the fact that my air vent blows the vapor towards the window and the wet vapor makes dust etc. stick to the window. Lingering smell? Well, depends on what you consider lingering. No more than air freshener.

Longhorn

Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
Streamwood, IL
I guess I need to get a little more specific.

My roommate (and owner of the house) has asked about residue build up indoors. His logic is that PG and VG are being vaporized , so where does that stuff go after it is no longer in vapor form? I think it is a pretty good question and I do not have an answer, having only vaped now for less than a month.

Two posters have already indicated possible residue build up on glass (windshields). Since I do most of my vaping indoors while in my bedroom (at the computer with a PT which I love), will there eventually be film on the walls, windows, carpet, etc. ?

Smell and/or odor are not an issue, he has no problem with that.

Thanks.

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
I spend the majority of my working day in a bedroom converted into a home office. The door is open and there is one a/c vent and no intake in the room. However, I do have a ceiling fan on low all the time. Any odor would be less than a weak air freshener. Detectable, but just barely and only if your were looking for it.

Zero residue.

In my car a barely detectable oily film will form on the windshield after several weeks of vapor with the windows up. By the time it's noticeable, it would be past time to clean the glass anyway. A quality glass cleaner will remove it with little effort.

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Private Suite GroenDakkies
Are you concerned about the walls going Brown and the whole place getting smelly as it would after long term tobacco use? Not same with Vaping.
You don't have the tar which plays a large role in wall stains and you aren't smoking so you won't have the same effect on the carpets or curtains, I really can't see a problem other than PG or VG residue on Windshields and Computer screens and that's because you're up close.

18SixFifty

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
Cooking in your apartment will leave probably about 10,000 times as much residue. Pan fry one single thing and that would be a good twenty years worth or more.

Honestly, make toast and it will leave more residue around.

I have been vaping for three years and most of that in my home office. I have never noticed any residue anywhere. Now my kitchen, that is a different story.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
I spend the majority of my working day in a bedroom converted into a home office. The door is open and there is one a/c vent and no intake in the room. However, I do have a ceiling fan on low all the time. Any odor would be less than a weak air freshener. Detectable, but just barely and only if your were looking for it.

Zero residue.

In my car a barely detectable oily film will form on the windshield after several weeks of vapor with the windows up. By the time it's noticeable, it would be past time to clean the glass anyway. A quality glass cleaner will remove it with little effort.

^^ That sums it up. You're only going to get any residue in a enclosed, unventilated space. I have noticed no difference in a monitor that regularly gets engulfed in vape clouds. I clean it far more frequently than it would take to get any buildup on it. The car window I noticed after about 2 months of not windexing the inside of the window. Didn't look like anything more than some more condensation in that area had dried.

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
Cooking in your apartment will leave probably about 10,000 times as much residue. Pan fry one single thing and that would be a good twenty years worth or more.

This. People that are seeing residue from vaping just need to clean the house/car/office more often. ;)

Longhorn

Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
Streamwood, IL
OK...Plenty of posters have replied and I REALLY appreciate all the feedback.

I didn't think this was going to be a problem and I'll let my roommate see all the replies.

As a side note, my roommate really likes fried food and I'll tell you what...there's a lot more organic residue in that kitchen then I think I'll ever see in my bedroom...lol.

Thanks everybody...this place is GREAT and I'm happy I'm here.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I guess I need to get a little more specific.

My roommate (and owner of the house) has asked about residue build up indoors. His logic is that PG and VG are being vaporized , so where does that stuff go after it is no longer in vapor form?

I used to use aromatherapy, and atomizing essential oils even with a cool-blowing atomizer creates residue. Those plug-ins that people buy in the grocery store, by glade, et. al, if you look on the top after a month, there is residue. Cooking any kind of food will also put residue in house (as you mentioned, and around some people's splash board by the stove, you can barely get that stuff off without going industrial) , as will burning a wood stove.

But I think you are asking if it's like residue (tar) from an analog cigarette, and no, it's not. Remember, both PG and VG are water soluble. Tar from an analog is not. That is why the latter "sticks" to everything, your lungs, the walls, and furniture.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
If you are concerned about residue left in your lungs, remember all the stuff out in our atmostphere: car exhausts, etc. Our lungs are basically a giant filter. THey take the air we breath and separate the oxygen from all other substances and filter out the other substances not needed and the body takes care of the rest. PG and VG are filtered out when we exhale and any left over is absorbed and it eventually comes out in our pores and waste.

Room fresheners leave a residue, the frying of foods, etc. Perfume. I dont think there is really anything to worry about. Its funny we never really cared about the stuff going into our lungs and residue etc when we smoked but now that we vape so many people start coming up with concerns about PG/VG, those are 2 ingredients (plus of course the flavoring) that is used in all sorts of things such as inhalers, toothpaste, skin products etc.

Why is VG nasty? If you dont have VG in the juice you dont get the clouds , which is what its all about:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread