Not open for further replies.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
@Opinionated

This is very helpful and very thoughtful. New folks need a glossary of terms, the acronyms can be very confusing and give a very "in crowd" kind of feeling to the forum. I just joined a new forum on automobiles, you talk about feeling like a complete fool? Well, I not only felt like an idiot, I went full bore and demonstrated it.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Okay Ive made a little addition... Ive worded it differently.. as a beside, I have no idea what an x Amp battery is.. lol. I didn't add that in the list.. but i am curious what it is.

The "x" is a variable to represent any CDR value.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
@Opinionated

This is very helpful and very thoughtful. New folks need a glossary of terms, the acronyms can be very confusing and give a very "in crowd" kind of feeling to the forum. I just joined a new forum on automobiles, you talk about feeling like a complete fool? Well, I not only felt like an idiot, I went full bore and demonstrated it.

I think everyone has been there at least once! It does rather suck though!

I do remember with vaping terms when I first came here to the forum. Id been happily puffing away on my little ego with a ce4 clearo for well over a year, and I felt like Oh wow... whats this? I need to go to vaping college to follow all this?

hahaha

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think the acronyms should be pinned, and/or added to the vaping articles deal. It's really a great resource. I hope the mods pin it :)

Yup, vaping has its whole language.... You can usually tell which "researchers" haven't done their "homework."

I'm hoping (and kidding) that maybe we could get a "researcher" to use the "P.E.N.I.S" acronym for one of their "projects" if they haven't already..... :lol:

Anna

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Opinionated - Great list! I'm sure many will benefit from it.

I wondered if you might want to put the 18350 and 18490/18500 batteries on your list, too, for those who might be interested in or buy a Provari.

Also, there are quite a few of us who are not MTL nor DTL vapers. Vapor isn't drawn into to our lungs at all. It's pulled into the mouth and/or top of the throat, held there a second or 2, then exhaled through the nose and/or mouth. The nic is easily absorbed that way, too. Several acronyms suggested before have been MTN or MTNM.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
@Opinionated - Great list! I'm sure many will benefit from it.

I wondered if you might want to put the 18350 and 18490/18500 batteries on your list, too, for those who might be interested in or buy a Provari.

Also, there are quite a few of us who are not MTL nor DTL vapers. Vapor isn't drawn into to our lungs at all. It's pulled into the mouth and/or top of the throat, held there a second or 2, then exhaled through the nose and/or mouth. The nic is easily absorbed that way, too. Several acronyms suggested before have been MTN or MTNM.

Thank you. I have added it, I used MTN, mouth to nose... it seems simpler. I also added the batteries and also the restricted lung style of inhalation which I do..

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Thank you. I have added it, I used MTN, mouth to nose... it seems simpler. I also added the batteries and also the restricted lung style of inhalation which I do..

Soon, I will be able to read "The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire" in less time than I can read and absorb the Glossary of Vaping Acronyms.

:lol::toast:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Great list! Maybe add OCC and the abbrv. for the individual wires.

Okay I will do that later. For now I need to concentrate on doing some household things. I need to make some hamburgers buns and a couple loaves of bread, we are out so I need to get on all that or I wont have it all done before bed what with rising times etc.

If I forget before bed remind me... I will check back in later.. sometime around the first or second rise depending.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Okay I will do that later. For now I need to concentrate on doing some household things. I need to make some hamburgers buns and a couple loaves of bread, we are out so I need to get on all that or I wont have it all done before bed what with rising times etc.

If I forget before bed remind me... I will check back in later.. sometime around the first or second rise depending.
Can almost smell it from here!

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY

WOW, home made bread and burger buns, I stand in awe.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Man, it took me forever to find a half decent pic showing how the iJoy Combo Squonk RDTA works. Also, here's a link to the thing. The one I posted earlier (fixed now) went to the wrong model: IJOY COMBO SQUONK RDTA

201801131826576969.jpg

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
A few additions:

Steeping - The process of allowing a newly purchased or newly mixed e-liquid to mature and reach its design flavor profile.

Pre-heat - A brief period of a powered on state needed by a large or complex coil to reach a temperature that begins producing vapor.

RBA - Rebuildable Atomizer. A term encompassing the full range of atomizers that are built or customized by the individual user. Includes RDA's, RTA's and RDTA's.

Dripper - See RDA.

RDTA - Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomizer. A cross between an RDA and an RTA in which the coil build(s) are positioned above a reservoir of e-liquid, but with a removable top cap to allow dripping onto the coil(s).

510 - A connection standard made popular by some of the earliest electronic cigarettes. Now includes a standard threading type for almost all mods and atomizers as well as most male/female pressure-fit drip tips. To "clean your 510" means to ensure that there is no e-liquid in the female 510 connector on your mod or gunking up the male connector on your atomizer device.

@Opinionated ... My fedora is tipped in your general direction for taking on this formidable effort. I hope you realize what you've gotten youself into. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread