blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I'm just gonna go for it.

When I first started vaping and joined ECF, having to learn eCig/vaping lingo, and all of the other seemingly endless technical specifics of batteries (Volts, Watts and mAhs), atomizers (Ohms), and all other things eCig related gave me a headache and I hated that aspect of it too. :-x

I initially hated Computers in 1985 because they were so technical, and I didn't want to learn all of the associated lingo, but I learned it, and now I rely on no one to keep my computer running smooth. I update, upgrade and back up my software, can change out a hard drive and install my own Memory, and I think you all get the picture here.... :p

So!.... I discovered that having a better understanding all of these technical aspects of vaping resulted in my obtaining a 'working knowledge' of them, and I, in turn, became 'empowered' by them. I can now walk into any "Brick and Mortar" establishment and tell the Clerks what "I" need, instead of relying on them to make those choices for me. (Depending upon their expertise and knowledge on Vaping, this can be a gamble, and it's certainly one I don't want to take).

I now understand 'why' convenience store cig-a-likes won't work for me. While they are simple devices, (and this is what sells them), that same simplicity won't keep most people from smoking or from returning to cigarettes.

Here's why; For 'me', (While at home), my favorite vape is my Variable Voltage MOD, (set at 4 volts), requiring a 2000 mAh, 18650 IMR (safer chemistry battery), with a 2 1/2ml Vivi Nova bottom coil clearomizer, running a 2.2 Ohm coil. My "Melvin" is a 70/30 PG/VG, 24mg strength Nic Liquid, and is generally a Tobacco flavored one with 'hints' of something else. I'm a 'do it yourselfer with Juices also.... I create my own most of the time. (flavors differ but I love me some Candy Corn and Peach!) ;)

This 'set-up' allows me to vape ALL day, without the need to carry extra batteries, juices, what have you. I get all of the taste and flavor (I require!), from my juices and there's TONS of vapor and throat hit. Those convenience Mart 'simple' systems just can't do what 'this' does... at least not for me.

That's my vaping Nirvana set-up when I'm at home.... (While out and about however... at work and at general play), I use a simpler, (but more Public friendly), eCig system. A 3.7 volt E-Max (eGO style) Batteries with E-Max Tanks and coils. I carry two batteries and some extra juice in my purse and this gives me what I require.

Using the current eCig systems I employ, I also save hundreds, if not thousands annually, and I'm healthier than when I smoked. Better eCig systems cost 'less' in the long run than their over-priced, under-performing counterparts selling in Convenience Marts/Truck stops.

Thanks to ECF, and learning all the 'lingo', I can re-coil Rebuildable Atomizers too. :thumbs:

Because of 'vaping terminology', I can now control my vape! it's that simple, and that complex. And I've come to love :wub: it
It's intimidating at first... empowering when you master it.
(I'm still working on that part) :blink:

In summary, If you rise to the 'challenges' ECF poses when you join. If you'll just take advantage of the vast resources here, and listen to all of the educated and well informed voices on many of it's threads, in time you'll find THAT perfect vaping system for you.

I call it 'Vaping Nirvana". :party:

Call it whatever you like, but once you've experienced it, you'll know.... and then you'll understand what all the fuss is about. :smokie:

Last edited:

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
Marvin_the_Martian_by_raelynn36.jpg

Melvin

Silly, that's Marvin not Melvin. :p But he would make a very cool mascot.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
I'm just gonna go for it.

When I first started vaping and joined ECF, having to learn eCig/Vaping lingo, and all of the other seemingly endless technical specifics of batteries (Volts, Watts and mAhs), atomizers (Ohms), and all other things eCig related gave me a headache and I hated that aspect of it too. :-x

I initially hated Computers in 1985 because they were so technical, and I didn't want to learn all of the associated lingo, but I learned it, and now I rely on no one to keep my computer running smooth. I update, upgrade and back up my software, can change out a hard drive and install my own Memory, and I think you all get the picture here.... :p

So!.... I discovered that having a better understanding all of these technical aspects of vaping resulted in my obtaining a 'working knowledge' of them, and I, in turn, became 'empowered' by them. I can now walk into any "Brick and Mortar" establishment and tell the Clerks what "I" need, instead of relying on them to make those choices for me. (Depending upon their expertise and knowledge on Vaping, this can be a gamble, and it's certainly one I don't want to take).

I now understand 'why' convenience store cig-a-likes won't work for me. While they are simple devices, (and this is what sells them), that same simplicity won't keep most people from smoking or from returning to cigarettes.

Here's why; For 'me', (While at home), my favorite vape is my Variable Voltage MOD, (set at 4 volts), requiring a 2000 mAh, 18650 IMR (safer chemistry battery), with a 2 1/2ml Vivi Nova bottom coil clearomizer, running a 2.2 Ohm coil. My "Melvin" is a 70/30 PG/VG, 24mg strength Nic Liquid, and is generally a Tobacco flavored one with 'hints' of something else. I'm a 'do it yourselfer with Juices also.... I create my own most of the time. (flavors differ but I love me some Candy Corn and Peach!) ;)

This 'set-up' allows me to vape ALL day, without the need to carry extra batteries, juices, what have you. I get all of the taste and flavor (I require!), from my juices and there's TONS of vapor and throat hit. Those convenience Mart 'simple' systems just can't do what 'this' does... at least not for me.

That's my vaping Nirvana set-up when I'm at home.... (While out and about however... at work and at general play), I use a simpler, (but more Public friendly), eCig system. A 3.7 volt E-Max (eGO style) Batteries with E-Max Tanks and coils. I carry two batteries and some extra juice in my purse and this gives me what I require.

Thanks to ECF, and learning all the 'lingo', I can re-coil Rebuildable Atomizers too. :thumbs:

Because of 'vaping terminology', I can now control my vape! it's that simple, and that complex. And I've come to love :wub: it
It's intimidating at first... empowering when you master it.
(I'm still working on that part) :blink:

In summary, If you rise to the 'challenges' ECF poses when you join. If you'll just take advantage of the vast resources here, and listen to all of the educated and well informed voices on many of it's threads, in time you'll find THAT perfect vaping system for you.

I call it 'Vaping Nirvana". :party:

Call it whatever you like, but once you've experienced it, you'll know.... and then you'll understand what all the fuss is about. :smokie:

Well said!!!:vapor:

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
The terminology just seems to be part of an exclusive, private club. You're either in or out, and it's a bar to entry.

I've read this post all the way though and while entertaining, Mike, it's important to remember that we are not an exclusive club at all. We are a welcoming, helpful, and knowledgable group that wants to help smokers quit smoking, and get them on the right track with vaping. We were all newbies at one point and we just want to help. Trolling, judging, and stirring the pot will not get you very far. It only diminishes the work that we are all trying to accomplish. "If we're not doing everything we can to help smokers and help new vapers, then we're not doing our d*mn job." - GrimmGreen

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I've read this post all the way though and while entertaining, Mike, it's important to remember that we are not an exclusive club at all. We are a welcoming, helpful, and knowledgable group that wants to help smokers quit smoking, and get them on the right track with vaping. We were all newbies at one point and we just want to help. Trolling, judging, and stirring the pot will not get you very far. It only diminishes the work that we are all trying to accomplish. "If we're not doing everything we can to help smokers and help new vapers, then we're not doing our d*mn job." - GrimmGreen

Good point! :thumbs:

I failed to mention that crucial point in my post.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
@blondeambition3:

wow! just wow! Well said indeed! :thumbs:

Here's why; For 'me', (While at home), my favorite vape is my Variable Voltage MOD, (set at 4 volts), requiring a 2000 mAh, 18650 IMR (safer chemistry battery), with a 2 1/2ml Vivi Nova ... clearomizer, running a 2.2 Ohm coil. My "Melvin" is a ,..PG/VG, .. mg strength Nic Liquid.... I'm a 'do it yourselfer with Juices also.... I create my own most of the time. ...

By the way, I use / do the same :) - except for re-coiling, I must admit.
To my mind, vaping is not rocket science. And nobody ever has to know / do / understand everything in the very beginning :)

@RubyRoo:
Well said! :thumbs:

@Jay-dub:
Your Melvin sure looks neat. However... he looks as if he could be a little scratchy in my throat :D
Think I should add some more VG to him, to make him smoother? (Ok, I'm a girl.... :D )

partyannimal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Near Jim Thorpe, PA, USA
I admit, as a newbie it can be a bit confusing. But I think after making your first couple of orders it becomes pretty clear what is what, and why they're called different things. As several others have noted, anything new requires a little homework and research before you can "get it" lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WelshVapour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
wales, UK
Couldn't read the whole thread! although I will go back to where I left off, some funny stuff here and I appreciate funny.

As far as terminology, I took the first step in to vaping and actively went searching to understand the already established lingo, the more I learned lead me to better experiences as far as kits etc. It's really not that hard to learn, you start simply by learning about what you have, don't run before you can walk.

I've gotten my mother to make the switch and she vapes no problems cause she's not interested in the knowing the ins and outs of it, she just wants it to work and the basic "battery, clearo and juice" does and that's great if you don't want to put any work into it, fact is, the lingo is here for the people that put the work in to wanting to find something that fits them and that usually changes as advancements in the tech are made, catch all terms just aren't going to work beyond "I want that one".

Now, these secret handshakes, how long do I need to be here before someone shows me one of those! :toast: is that one???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread