Vaping Thanksgiving dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
OK, I know it's crazy, but I'm trying to find a way to make vape juices for a complete multi-course Thanksgiving dinner. Got the idea from the Willy Wonka movie. Most of it's doable... yams with brown sugar and toasted marshmallow, even corn bread stuffing, but I can't seem to find a turkey flavor. Any ideas (besides having my head examined)?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
My memory, which is pretty old in this case, is that most savory flavors are flat out awful. The chances you’re going to make something truly nasty are quite high.

Going for the sweets would likely work better. You can get pumpkin pie flavored juice premixed iirc. Also cranberry. Might be an issue with cranberry and high levels of acid.

I refuse to go near the turkey and Brussels sprouts flavors though. Once bitten twice shy.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't know how to help with the turkey but I think it would be very important to NOT to try out the flavorings before hand. Also, if you do puke you should video tape it.

Golly. When I saw the topic I was like, "Is this gonna be about whether it's polite to vape during Thanksgiving DINNER (LOL I personally think NOT but I don't vape and eat at the same time.

But, now I see the topic is SO much more than that.:thumbs::thumbs::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::thumbs:

LOL

Anna

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I agree. Even if you find turkey it's not likely to make a good vape. Remember what happened to Violet Beauregarde! lol

I have a nice Apple Cider recipe, very Autumn/Holiday-ish:

4% Hangsen Apple Mix (aka Apple Cinnamon Cranberry)
2% Flavour Art Liquid Amber
1% Inawera Two Apple
optional- a few drops of marshmallow

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
FA has a roasted chicken, probably about as close as you'll get. Personally I'd skip the meat and go with the cranberry for a compliment to the meat course. Or maybe a nutty tobacco to compliment the dressing.
That's what I thought... chicken is close enough. I already found cranberry and most other flavors (pumpkin pie, sage and corn bread for stuffing)
BTW, I didn't say this would be good... probably worse than "eel pie" :eek:
If I can "choke it down" at least the finish (pumpkin pie) won't be so bad. Like I said... crazy idea. Has nobody else ever done this? Christmas dinner next... where do I get a Ham flavor?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
That's what I thought... chicken is close enough. I already found cranberry and most other flavors (pumpkin pie, sage and corn bread for stuffing)
If I can "choke it down" at least the finish (pumpkin pie) won't be so bad. Like I said... crazy idea. Has nobody else ever done this? Christmas dinner next... where do I get a Ham flavor?
Your best chances for savory flavors are FA, OOO, NF (Nature's Flavors, and FLV. If money isn't a problem MF (Medicine Flower), NF, and FLV are probably truer to taste.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Has anyone done this? Yes. I won’t say it’s been tried every year around this time, but several of them. More common in the early days.
Has anyone ever made anything that wasn’t completely disgusting? No.

There’s always someone who likes something though. People have tried hard to make the worst possible flavor and usually parallel this route in some way. Iirc there was a crab boil ecig flavor at one point specifically designed to be the most awful flavor ever. There were still one or two people that liked it.
Part of the problem I think is salt and fat. Savories rely on them heavily. Neither work in ecigs.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Has anyone done this? Yes. I won’t say it’s been tried every year around this time, but several of them. More common in the early days.
Has anyone ever made anything that wasn’t completely disgusting? No.

There’s always someone who likes something though. People have tried hard to make the worst possible flavor and usually parallel this route in some way. Iirc there was a crab boil ecig flavor at one point specifically designed to be the most awful flavor ever. There were still one or two people that liked it.
Part of the problem I think is salt and fat. Savories rely on them heavily. Neither work in ecigs.
Salt flavor works very well in juices actually.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Salt flavor works very well in juices actually.
Not impossible. Might need something other than sodium chloride. It’s about activating the saltiness receptor after all, not actually using NaCl. People do put NaCl in vape juice. It strikes me as probably not a great idea physics wise. Bad for the coil in a number of ways. but people do do it.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
OK, I know it's crazy, but I'm trying to find a way to make vape juices for a complete multi-course Thanksgiving dinner. Got the idea from the Willy Wonka movie. Most of it's doable... yams with brown sugar and toasted marshmallow, even corn bread stuffing, but I can't seem to find a turkey flavor. Any ideas (besides having my head examined)?
I have a friend who's vegan and for Thanksgiving dinner one year we substituted acorn squash for her portion of the main which for us was Turkey I know it's not a classic Thanksgiving dish but apparently it's somewhat common to substitute something like acorn squash she wasn't into the meat substitutes. I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to make an acorn squash flavor E Juice I think it's kind of a cool idea there's a lot of stuff for Thanksgiving that I think would make really good juice turkey is not one of them even stuffing could easily be delicious but turkey. *shudders*

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
One last thought... what would be a traditional drink for Thanksgiving? Christmas would probably be something like egg nog and brandy... any suggestions?
I’m going to pretend “pumpkin spice” drinks don’t exist because yech. I brought a bottle of “wild turkey” to a thanksgiving dinner once.

Reactions: DeloresRose

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Flavorah has a wonderful yam flavor. People rave about it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Sparkling apple cider. Even since the moms and the sis got like, hammered in the garage my first sober Thanksgiving and the turkey would up getting thrown..:lol::lol: Really, had I know my mom was feeling woozy, I might have waited until AFTER the even to confront her on hitting me. "Mom we are all grownups here, we do not hit each other."

But yeah, apple cider is definitely on the list, if you want to make yourself hurl a bit less by the end of this... project, I might suggest a bit of fizz, might take the pressure off.l

Also, how you gonna do this? Line up vapes? Do the meal, then the vapes? Simultaneous? Is it possible it might be video taped... Inquiring minds?
Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread