Vaping while sick...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My go-to all day vape is Raspberry French from Jimmy the juice Man. As of yesterday I started noticing the flavor to be offputting, I can't even stand to vape it. It tastes more like sour milk than raspberries. I figured maybe my wick was burnt so I switched attys and still, the same thing. Even the smell of the bottle of juice itself is repulsive. My roommates are sick with the flu so I'm thinking maybe I'm coming down with something and it's affecting the taste/smell of my juices. Has anyone else had this problem?

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I sure hope you are not coming down with anything but I imagine what you may be experiencing is the dreaded "VAPOR'S TONGUE". I have read many posts about it but luckily never been effected by it. Here is a website that describes it. See if this may help.

http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/ashtray-blog/2014/03/vapers-tongue.html
JC_link.gif

Good luck to you. I am sure you will have many more wonderful suggestions. Easy to see why ecf is such a great place to be.

I cannot remember if I have welcome you yet, but I am so glad that you are here. Have fun.

sedition

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
New Zealand
Could be a flu coming on, but I had similar dramatic changes in taste. Hated cream vapes when I started, particularly Mother's Milk.. then about 6 weeks ago I picked it up again, and since then I've been on a huge cream bender. Not sure if steeping has anything to do with that. Can't stomach the smell of tobacco vapes anymore where I used to love them. As an aside, check out MBV Thug Juice if you want something that'll help with cold & flu - it's better than Vicks Vaporub.

Phild0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2014
Mesa, AZ
I don't think its about getting sick. I have had juices do the same to me. I tried a peach vanilla job one time and loved it for 2 days, then BAM!!!! Dish soap. Same thing with a coffee from the same company, but rotten flavor instead of dish soap. I don't buy that brand any more. I use Dr. Crimmy and by the time I get 1/2 way through a 60ml bottle it tastes even better than when I first started vaping the bottle. Every order has been the same way. I let it steep for about a week. But it's good right out of the mail too.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
I sure hope you are not coming down with anything but I imagine what you may be experiencing is the dreaded "VAPOR'S TONGUE". I have read many posts about it but luckily never been effected by it. Here is a website that describes it. See if this may help.

http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/ashtray-blog/2014/03/vapers-tongue.html
JC_link.gif

Good luck to you. I am sure you will have many more wonderful suggestions. Easy to see why ecf is such a great place to be.

I cannot remember if I have welcome you yet, but I am so glad that you are here. Have fun.

I think you hit it on the nail here but what I would suggest is that to prevent that from happening would be to change up your all day to 1/2 day and rotate a couple more different flavors during the week / night..

I think you hit it on the nail here but what I would suggest is that to prevent that from happening would be to change up your all day to 1/2 day and rotate a couple more different flavors during the week / night..

I tried switching to a cucumber melon juice with a completely different atty and I'm still getting the same result. Cucumber is usually a refreshing vape for me but it's tasting dull. Maybe I just need to take a break from vaping :(

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
I tried switching to a cucumber melon juice with a completely different atty and I'm still getting the same result. Cucumber is usually a refreshing vape for me but it's tasting dull. Maybe I just need to take a break from vaping :(

I had the same thing happen to me. You don't need to take a break from vaping to get your taste back. All you need to do is get some unflavored VG or a Cinnamon Candy/Fireball Flavor. Vape them for a day or so and I promise, your taste will get back on track.

CardinalWinds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
Vermont, USA
I'm such a flavor junkie but I'll give this a try too.

Yeah, you're obviously not going to get your flavor fix, but it does work well with both vaper's tongue when you just aren't tasting anything anyway, and especially when your beloved juices actually start tasting bad because you're sick or on the way to being so. At first I balked at vaping unflavored, but you know what? I actually enjoy it now. It is clean, fresh, definitely easier on coils, and cheaper!

I always vape unflavored first thing in the morning, as when I wake up I just want my nic fix, not an explosion of flavors. It takes me half an hour to really wake up, only then am I interested in also waking up my taste buds :)

danibanani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Yeah, you're obviously not going to get your flavor fix, but it does work well with both vaper's tongue when you just aren't tasting anything anyway, and especially when your beloved juices actually start tasting bad because you're sick or on the way to being so. At first I balked at vaping unflavored, but you know what? I actually enjoy it now. It is clean, fresh, definitely easier on coils, and cheaper!

I always vape unflavored first thing in the morning, as when I wake up I just want my nic fix, not an explosion of flavors. It takes me half an hour to really wake up, only then am I interested in also waking up my taste buds :)

I have a bottle of VG coming in the mail hopefully tomorrow, along with some flavors for DIY. At least I'll be able to make some use of my vapemail! Should I sick to straight VG or add some PG or does it not matter for overcoming Vaper's tongue? I like to drip but I also use a protank every so often so it doesn't matter if my mix is high in either.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina

TY, nice add btw. I will start posting that along with my posts on vapor's tongue. Honestly, I have never had it. Maybe because I change flavors. Who knows? Who cares?
JC_tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread