Vapor Flask V3 DNA40 Clone thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
My SXK rDNA (60w) just started autofiring :-( I've submitted a ticket to fasttech but as I really like the mod I'd rather fix it than send it back. Any ideas how to do that? I opened it up and couldn't see anything obvious, no torn wire cover or so.
Does it autofire without a tank on it as well? If not then it has to be 510 connector related. Put a piece of plastic or thick tape on the white plastic beneath the 510 connector but make sure the center pin can still move down freely.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Does it auofire without a tank on it as well? If not then it has to be 510 connector related. Put a piece of plastic or thick tape on the white plastic beneath the 510 connector but make sure the center pin can still move down freely.
It autofires instantly when I screw a tank on, but it did spark when I forgot to remove the battery before using a metal tool to clean between the positive and negative of the 510 connector. Doesn't seem to be a problem with the positive pin touching something when depressed.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
It autofires instantly when I screw a tank on, but it did spark when I forgot to remove the battery before using a metal tool to clean between the positive and negative of the 510 connector. Doesn't seem to be a problem with the positive pin touching something when depressed.

Yikes!! Sounds to me like you hard shorted the battery to one of the 510 connections. Hope your board isn't fried. If it ain't tape or put hot glue on possible points of contact, where there is a possibility of a short. Hope this helps.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Yikes!! Sounds to me like you hard shorted the battery to one of the 510 connections. Hope your board isn't fried. If it ain't tape or put hot glue on possible points of contact, where there is a possibility of a short. Hope this helps.
The board still works, perfectly with the exception of the autofire it seems :) I'll be sending it back to fasttech. If I could easily figure out and fix what's wrong I would, but I think it's better I just send it back. Waiting for my RMA number.

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
OK but it doesn't constantly display "check atomizer"?
If not then you can rule out the fire button being stuck.
Can you measure the voltage over the 510 connector?

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
OK but it doesn't constantly display "check atomizer"?
If not then you can rule out the fire button being stuck.
Can you measure the voltage over the 510 connector?
No it doesn't. It actually asks "new or old coil" when a battery is inserted (and an atty is screwed on), and fires only when choosing either option. Except once where it fired normally once, then asked new or old atty, then fired normally, then asked again, etc. I hadn't thought about measuring the voltage. Will need to whip out my DMM.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
No it doesn't. It actually asks "new or old coil" when a battery is inserted (and an atty is screwed on), and fires only when choosing either option. Except once where it fired normally once, then asked new or old atty, then fired normally, then asked again, etc. I hadn't thought about measuring the voltage. Will need to whip out my DMM.

If it asks "new or old" upon installing battery before pressing fire button the it acting as if fire button (switch) is closed already.
Are you able to get the probes from your volt meter on the two leads of the fire button?
There should be voltage only on one until pressed.
That would be one probe on one of the leads of the switch and the other case ground, then check other side of switch the same way.
But what ever it really needs to be returned.

Last edited:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
If it asks "new or old" upon installing battery before pressing fire button the it acting as if fire button (switch) is closed already.
I'll need to check again, but the thing starts up when inserting a battery. Will need to check exactly what it does.

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
cool, thx for that. looks like the fat daddy v3 is the one for a waidea :)
Just opened up my Kangxin to take measurements but I don't think any spring loaded connector will ever fit in there. There's 14mm of height to work with. The FD v3 is already 14mm without a wire soldered on so it's impossible for the center pin to move down. Has anyone found one that does fit?

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Try the follwing:

Remove batteries
Put on a tank
Insert battery

When it starts up and immediately asks New or Same atomizer but doesn't fire, then it's the fire button being stuck.
When it starts up asking New or Same AND you hear the coil firing then things are really messed up.
Ok, now it doesn't autofire, just asks new coil every other puff or so... Really can't figure out what's going on

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Ok, now it doesn't autofire, just asks new coil every other puff or so... Really can't figure out what's going on

And now it autofired, then stopped when the new coil question came up again. Feels like there's a problem with the mod thinking the button is being pressed constantly, in addition to some other problem with the new/old coil identification.

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
So it doesn't autofire when you put a battery in while there's a tank screwed on?
Really sounds like the fire button is stuck (or a short on the board it's soldered onto).
Yeah, send it back. Too much trouble trying to figure this one out.
I really doubt if they can send you a new one though. FT has abandoned all Flask sales.

Reactions: KenD

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
So it doesn't autofire when you put a battery in while there's a tank screwed on?
Really sounds like the fire button is stuck (or a short on the board it's soldered onto).
Yeah, send it back. Too much trouble trying to figure this one out.
I really doubt if they can send you a new one though. FT has abandoned all Flask sales.
I believe it's a Vapor Shark rDNA clone.
None of them there either now.

Reactions: KenD

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
I just received the Flask I ordered a month ago before following this thread. Got it from gearbest, 40W, copper battery covers, copper around the 510 connector, display reads "Hello" then "?" (don't remember) on wakeup and a black anodized aluminum body with nothing on the threads that I can see. Can someone identify it from my description?

I'm happy with it so far and like the form factor compared to the IPV 4 which costs about the same as the SXK that focalecig sells. So I do plan to treat myself to one of those in addition to the 40W above.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I just received the Flask I ordered a month ago before following this thread. Got it from gearbest, 40W, copper battery covers, copper around the 510 connector, display reads "Hello" then "?" (don't remember) on wakeup and a black anodized aluminum body with nothing on the threads that I can see. Can someone identify it from my description?

I'm happy with it so far and like the form factor compared to the IPV 4 which costs about the same as the SXK that focalecig sells. So I do plan to treat myself to one of those in addition to the 40W above.

Kangxin with Rayn board, probably Rayn v4

Reactions: bsoplinger

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania

On that particular model if you press up down up down up down fire fire fire within 2 seconds it unlocks hidden wattage, 10 more watts, I think.:bday:

Reactions: bsoplinger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread