I will NEVER vape in my car again (probably...maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I saw a noticeable decrease in the "VG film" on my laptop/TV/windows when I switched from "Max VG" to 70PG/30VG ejuices...

On my laptop/TV screens I've been satisfied with an alcohol-free and ammonia-free screen cleaner that I found on Amazon...Bryson...

No sense sacrificing vaping quality for a better smudge.

(Kindofa cake and eat it too thing.)

Good luck. :D

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
No sense sacrificing vaping quality for a better smudge.

Well Mac...I agree with you 152%...but...but...as a MTL 10Watt Tootle Puffer...it's hard for me, really, to appreciate a difference in the amount/density of my "clouds" with 70%PG vs. MaxVG ejuices…(even though everyone/everything tells me I should)...:thumbs:

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
If I Vape in the car I'll just partly, about 1/4 open a rear seat window on the passenger side and half or 3/4 open my drivers one. Seems to create a suck out effect through the drivers window. Rear full open and drivers full open seems to negate that effect and most will just swirl back in and around. Weird but for my SUV it works. Might be car shape dependent too, don't know. Agree with the foam glass cleaners though, that's all I'll buy now for cleaning my windscreen when I need to.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Well Mac...I agree with you 152%...but...but...as a MTL 10Watt Tootle Puffer...it's hard for me, really, to appreciate a difference in the amount/density of my "clouds" with 70%PG vs. MaxVG ejuices…(even though everyone/everything tells me I should)...:thumbs:

You can build density or clouds at any wattage. Just gotta get the balance right for what's really vaporizing which is water. Enough and you've got what you need and plenty of flow to produce clouds. Too much and you drink the vape. Trial and error thing as it's one of the least discussed issues on this forum the last five years I've been here. But it's quite poss to get some nice little clouds from a tootie. Plenty of vendors and their clientele have seen me do it right along their airy hotter verticals. Water will train that VG just as good as anything..

Good luck. :)

John Vapes82

Oct 29, 2018
Magic eraser and foaming window cleaner. Enough said.

Better yet, if you're frugal, go over to amazon/ebay/whatever and buy melamine sponges in bulk.
You can get them for less than 10$ for 100 sponges.
Some people add a borax and baking soda mix to them (use your google fu), but i find they work great as they are.

Over here it's like 5€ for a 2 pack of Mr. Proper magic eraser/sponges, so 8€ for 100 is a pretty good deal. Great stuff to have around when you have small kids as well. Cleans almost everything off wals, hard floors, doors, etc.
And yes, it does a good job getting vape residue off windows. But open your window a little when driving, it helps to prevent 95% of the problem.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Of course this subject has me wondering how much residue is on my TV screen and computer screen, and how would you clean that? I don't think using glass cleaner or alcohol on those types of screens is safe.

Use a 50/50 mix of vinegar & water on a dampened cloth, wiping off with a dry cloth. Vinegar & water can clean a lot, is often rather handy. If you're wanting to get rid of DNA traces try ammonia. You might need to really look for it in stores, seems there's this general sense of wanting to limit people using it. Fools would put ammonia in toilets with Comet, Ajax and wind up with some nasty gas bombs that killed folks.

Bleach does alright for cleaning the head & then spray some Lysol or generic Lysol type disinfectant on the fixtures & handles, switches. Also potato cut and rubbed on walls that have fecal matter removes the fecal matter, the enzymes in potatoes break down organic matter like feces, blood. I would still do a light touching of ammonia though if I needed to clear DNA tracing. But you never heard/read that from me and I was never here. I never am here. Got me?

Another good to know fact, bleach water sprayed on surfaces and let stand ten minutes to dry will in fact kill the virus/es, vectors that cause HIV and other nasty sh - poop. This was learned from running volunteer rescue squad as an emt, we had some really in the know folks looking out for our 'company' who went and did the hard core research to find out.

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Better yet, if you're frugal, go over to amazon/ebay/whatever and buy melamine sponges in bulk.
You can get them for less than 10$ for 100 sponges.
Some people add a borax and baking soda mix to them (use your google fu), but i find they work great as they are.

Over here it's like 5€ for a 2 pack of Mr. Proper magic eraser/sponges, so 8€ for 100 is a pretty good deal. Great stuff to have around when you have small kids as well. Cleans almost everything off wals, hard floors, doors, etc.
And yes, it does a good job getting vape residue off windows. But open your window a little when driving, it helps to prevent 95% of the problem.

Your dead on about Borax John, a powerful utility oxidizer. One of those old school almost extinct historical mysteries, a mainstay cleaning and sanitizing tool from a century ago. Coupled with 3M (purple, higher grit than common green, will scratch ss) scouring pads (art steel wool) for really tough jobs. Baking soda's indispensable for cleaning vape gear. More effectively combined with vinegar. Thx for pointing out magic erasers are melamine.

Good luck. :)

• Useful
Reactions: gerrymi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread