I will NEVER vape in my car again (probably...maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swoop03

Vaping Yinzer
Sep 28, 2018
Southwest PA, USA, Earth
The only time I truly even notice it to be honest is when they fog up. The morning condensation seems to cling to the residue and cause an extra thick layer of fog. As others have said I crack the window if I'm doing heavy vaping. If I got the air on the cabin filter for the ac seems to take away some of it.

Foam glass cleaner is probably your best bet. I use it a lot at work (also where I "buy" it from) to clean oil and slimy coolant residue off the windows on my machines.

Has anyone ever heard of or seen someone put that ceramic nano coating stuff on windows? You know the stuff you spray on shoes and ketchup slides off. Or on your cars paint and mud and dirt doesn't stick? Would it leave a foggy finish on the window or is it clear? I imagine one coating of that would be good almost indefinitely.

Reactions: stols001

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I would not recommend using an abrasive on windows; mr clean erasers are abrasive.

Edit: warning label on box says not recommended for “vehicle body”

You do understand that “vehicle body” refers to a painted finish on a vehicle? There is nothing on the box that warns against using it on glass. In fact, some of it’s most popular uses is on glass top stoves and shower stalls, frosted and none frosted glass!

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
You do understand that “vehicle body” refers to a painted finish on a vehicle? There is nothing on the box that warns against using it on glass. In fact, some of it’s most popular uses is on glass top stoves and shower stalls, frosted and none frosted glass!

You got me curious since I would love to be wrong and to be able to use the magic eraser on the windshield;it's definitely one of my favorite cleaning tools. I decided to send an email to P&G to find out...
Untitled.jpeg

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
You got me curious since I would love to be wrong and to be able to use the magic eraser on the windshield;it's definitely one of my favorite cleaning tools. I decided to send an email to P&G to find out... View attachment 772701

Like I said, safe to use on automotive glass. Aftermarket tints were not discussed. So is my response still worthy of that “Disagree” rating?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I sometimes see vape film on the windows in my pickup, but it comes off easily with an ammonia based window cleaner. As someone said, micro fiber towels are your friend. I just drape one over one of those window cleaner/squeegee things with a stick handle and wipe, then buff it off with another micro fiber towel. I clean the inside of the windows 2 or 3 times a year, as needed.

The key is always running the HVAC fan and cracking a window. High PG juice makes most of the difference.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
ive been cleaning my windows with windex for years now, it's a family secret. what's really interesting is last year I found out that it vapes real good too. and I figure if you can vape windex without issues, the FDA should stay away from our e-liquids. if anything i'm experiencing nothing but positive results. and i've been vaping windex. it's a family secret.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Best cleaning agent for glycerine is still the dish washing liquid. Smear the wash up liquid on glass, add little water, until the washup "links" all the glycerine.
At that point, you can use the water hose to clear the glass clean.

And clean the entire inside of your vehicle as well ..

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
And clean the entire inside of your vehicle as well ..

Must be a linguistic difference.

A cleaning water hose has one hose which squirts a stream of water, and another near air hose that resembles a vacuum cleaner, which sucks the resulting filthy water.
What you described seems to be a garden hose, which isn't a known cleaning implement.
If you don't have the technology, a sponge and a bucket of water will suffice...

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Must be a linguistic difference.

A cleaning water hose has one hose which squirts a stream of water, and another near air hose that resembles a vacuum cleaner, which sucks the resulting filthy water.
What you described seems to be a garden hose, which isn't a known cleaning implement.
If you don't have the technology, a sponge and a bucket of water will suffice...

I'm sorry, I thought this Thread was about cleaning the Inside of car windows of Vape Film ..

• Agree
Reactions: smacuser

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois
Yeah had the same experience. That got me wondering how efficient my lungs and body are in removing that constant film of oil...?
1. It's not oil.
2. The mucociliary escalator does a great job of moving along deposited glycerin. Tobacco smoke dries the mucous and paralyzes the cilia, which is why the "smoker's cough" goes away when switching to vaping.

My favorite window cleaner is stuff called Invisible Glass.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Windows aren't lungs.

Gosh did you not ever see Sesame Street as a youth and "One of these things is not like the OTHER?"

Sorry to be testy but at least ASK the DANG CORRECT question, which is, "What is this doing to our lungs compared to cigarettes?"

Did you know we have really strong acid in our stomachs? If we took our stomach acid out and dripped it into our eyes we might go blind.

I say, for the sake of vision, we should give up- food.

That is what your logic is like. I am SORRY but it IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anna

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
It's not oil.
2. The mucociliary escalator does a great job of moving along deposited glycerin.
Its a oil alright. It might be one of the more "friendly" oils, but to me its a oil. I lubricate my o rings with it, so it also forms a oily layer on my lungs...at least that's what my logic says to me. Now water dissolves it, but I don't have much water in my lungs....?
I'm not saying its harmful.... I can very well feel the difference in my lungs compared to when I smoked....i'm more curious (because I don't know) than worried.
What i'm on about is how effective our lungs is in clearing the awesome amount of vapour a sub ohm device delivers. I've got no doubt the lungs keeps up well for a tootle puffer, but I can't help but wondering when I see those huge cumulus clouds constantly saturating the lungs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread