I will NEVER vape in my car again (probably...maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
@Livaz1 , this is one time I am actually happy to get your disagree.

Because I am glad you disagree with "windows aren't lungs" and I'm not the one doing the disagreeing with that statement.

I hope yours don't get too gunked up or streaky, but as you've noted, there are TONS of useful ways to clean your windows, and maybe you'll be able to try those remedies once your lungs become hard to see through.

LOL, we're going to have to agree to disagree. I hope you aren't to worried about it, because it may be awhile before we find out the true nature of your wonderings but I bet sometime. In the distant future.

Anna

Livaz1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2013
Newcastle
What I disagree with is your analogy. You are talking about stomach acid in the eyes. Something none of us are doing. What we ARE doing as a matter of fact is inhaling oil into our lungs. I agree our lungs are not windows BUT we are visibly able to see the film on our windows and it is exactly the same stuff we inhale. Yes our lungs are living organs and have an ability to remove and repair unlike windows. I’m a 10 year vaping veteran, I use attys and vape huge amounts of clouds. Do I feel better vaping than when I was smoking YES.will vaping be harmful to the lungs? YES. The thing is too many vapers are ignorant and defensive towards our precious devices, Won’t even consider the negative opinions of possibilities of using them. I’m a realist, not naive. 10 years in the game

@Livaz1 , this is one time I am actually happy to get your disagree.

Because I am glad you disagree with "windows aren't lungs" and I'm not the one doing the disagreeing with that statement.

I hope yours don't get too gunked up or streaky, but as you've noted, there are TONS of useful ways to clean your windows, and maybe you'll be able to try those remedies once your lungs become hard to see through.

LOL, we're going to have to agree to disagree. I hope you aren't to worried about it, because it may be awhile before we find out the true nature of your wonderings but I bet sometime. In the distant future.

Anna

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
The inside of lungs are moist. Glycerin is not "an" oil, it's quite different.

Go to google search, type in something like - "why are the lungs moist", or something similar like "how do lungs work"

Go to google search, type in something like, "what is vegetable glycerin" or "what is the difference between oil and glycerine"

Last edited:

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
....there are two different types of treatment for glass that makes it self cleaning....:blush:
So we should simply line our lungs with titanium dioxide to assist the cleaning process :D

I'm not going first though, I just remember some other stuff I have to do urgently
Kappa.png

Reactions: Jebbn

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
A simple damp wipe with a microfiber towel s'enough to see the red lights comin'.

Hidden vape hint:

(Without a bit'a H2O stuff ain't goin nowhere. Sticky magic.)

Good luck. :)

Yep! A dry cloth makes it better until night comes! Then, you realize that it needs a Windex cleaning ...

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Yep! A dry cloth makes it better until night comes! Then, you realize that it needs a Windex cleaning ...

Never used to be a problem 'till the big power box and the comp mod. Doomed, I tell ya. End up chainin' the little guys to batt null but the big guns are always ready to go out the door. Doomed.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Since both pg and vg absorb water I would think that some other chemical is needed to remove it from windshields/glass. Vinegar or alcohol comes to mind. Otherwise it just smears.

:)

Microfiber is readily absorbent of water. Glycerin not so much. But glycerin is a humectant…sticks to water. Combine both, voila. All else is decoration.

(Advice from a glass lover.)

Reactions: Mowgli

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
To come back to the car windshield - there's something I do to my scooter helmet and bathroom mirror to stop water vapor from condensing (to be able to shave after a shower or avoid driving into a wall when I have to close the helmet).
I take a bar of dry soap, rub it all over the surface and polish it with a linen cloth rag until it's just a very thin film. Seems to work well but needs to be repeated about every 2 weeks. Obviously the surface has to be cleaned well before doing that.

I don't know if this keeps our kind of vapor from condensing yet, may be worth a try.

• Creative
Reactions: gerrymi

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
To come back to the car windshield - there's something I do to my scooter helmet and bathroom mirror to stop water vapor from condensing (to be able to shave after a shower or avoid driving into a wall when I have to close the helmet).
I take a bar of dry soap, rub it all over the surface and polish it with a linen cloth rag until it's just a very thin film. Seems to work well but needs to be repeated about every 2 weeks.

I don't know if this keeps our kind of vapor from condensing yet, may be worth a try.

I used this with my snowboard and mountain bike goggles. Worked like a charm. Can't comment how it works against vapor....I don't wear goggles when I vape

51nFpUOUsIL._SY355_.jpg

• Creative
Reactions: gerrymi

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
ive been cleaning my windows with windex for years now, it's a family secret. what's really interesting is last year I found out that it vapes real good too. and I figure if you can vape windex without issues, the FDA should stay away from our e-liquids. if anything i'm experiencing nothing but positive results. and i've been vaping windex. it's a family secret.
windex poisoning - Google Search

car - Invisible Glass, microfiber mitt on the IG mitt on a stick, blue shop towels
house - Invisible Glass & cheap vapor towels

Car twice/year
House once/month in Winter

wand.jpg

Last edited:

Livaz1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2013
Newcastle
Lungs are self cleaning.
Windows are not.

(Drops microphone and walks off stage)
Lungs are only self cleaning for so long, eventually they stop cleaning when they have had enough punishment, eventually. Medical fact.
(Deleted - not appropriate)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Disagree
Reactions: United States
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread