Vapor residue on walls, carpet etc. Need help/advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I've washed the walls twice, and each time the humidity from the shower brings more tar out of the paint to run down the walls.
icon_baeh2.gif
I can see that there's going to be several gallons of Killz in my future. :glare:

bu the time you figure in all your labor and paint, etc. I would probably just put in in new sheetrock. You can take a room and just do one wall at a time. goes up pretty easy

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
so CASAA did this study http://casaa.org/uploads/LibertyStixLabAnalysis072309.pdf
this study claims that the vapor is mostly PG/VG
YET in the CASAA FAQ Electronic Cigarette FAQS
it describes e-cigarettes as such. "They are battery-operated devices that create an inhalable, water-based mist instead of smoke."

do to the hygroscopic propriety of VG and PG there is a large amount of water in the vapor. the water is absorbed from the atmosphere and even some from your body... so Whoop-de-do. but what does that mean? please explain, because clearly i missed something.

also i see no mention of water in this report http://casaa.org/uploads/LibertyStixLabAnalysis072309.pdf

Last edited:

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Hey CES, I see you've been hangin around this place for almost 4 years. How'd this problem slip under the radar for so long? We should have a prepackaged answer by now View attachment 265589

well, had this conversation not been happening, my prepackaged answer would have been pretty similar. Nope, there's not much if any of a problem with buildup, at least not that i've noticed, and the nastiness that comes from smoke buildup is due to tars and the products of combustion. (and the Kleenex test has been around for as long as the forum). I just wouldn't have been able to refer to the conversation. ;)

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
so CASAA did this study http://casaa.org/uploads/LibertyStixLabAnalysis072309.pdf
this study claims that the vapor is mostly PG/VG
YET in the CASAA FAQ Electronic Cigarette FAQS
it describes e-cigarettes as such. "They are battery-operated devices that create an inhalable, water-based mist instead of smoke."

do to the hygroscopic propriety of VG and PG there is a large amount of water in the vapor. the water is absorbed from the atmosphere and even some from your body... so Whoop-de-do. but what does that mean? please explain, because clearly i missed something.

also i see no mention of water in this report http://casaa.org/uploads/LibertyStixLabAnalysis072309.pdf
CASAA has a sub forum here at ECF, why don't you post your questions there and then hurry back with the answers before the popcorn is all gone.

CASAA

Truetopath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
Lake View, NY
I do vape in my house all the time and haven't noticed residue on anything. The only time I've noticed residue is on my car windows when I vape like crazy with the windows closed and the car off (no air circulation). I just cleaned it off today with a few paper towels and some windex.

CASAA member 2013

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Did a bit of searching prior to this, got some decent answers, but sadly many admit to residue building up (windows in cars for example) due to vaping. It may be easy to clean from what I read, however I have been specifically told by my landlord not to vape (or smoke) indoors due to the possibility of residue building up. I agreed to this and will not break my promise.

Here's the thing though, my landlord will listen to reason, and if I can come up with a way to stop (or severely limit) the buildup, I will likely be able to vape indoors once again.

I did some research on air purifiers/filters, and came to the following conclusion:

- HEPA filter is for bigger particles like dust, allergens, mold, but is not too great vs smoke, gas, odors or chemical fumes
- Ionizer would sort of do the trick, however from what I read it simply makes particles heavier so they fall to the floor. Which is not ideal.
- UVC filter, obviously this would not stop any particles from attaching to the walls etc. Great for killing airborne mold/bacteria though.
- Carbon filtering, this seems to be my best bet, as it is good for removing smoke particles, cigarette smoke, gases, chemicals and odors, and doesn't release the particles back into the air.

I went ahead and purchased this small air filtering unit from Amazon, seems to be well received by people, is less than $20 and it does use carbon filtering: LINK

My plan is to literally blow the exhaled vapor into the device, thus keeping the vapor nearly 100% filtered and, hopefully, dealt with.

I suppose I just want some advice/suggestions on this subject and whether or not PG/VG, flavoring, and nicotine particles would be successfully stopped by a carbon filter. I assume if it can deal with tobacco smoke, it should have no problem dealing with ecig vapor, but I am not 100% sure. Maybe a HEPA filter would be all I need?

I really want to be able to vape indoors again, so any comments/experiences/advice you have, please post it! :2cool:

If you went ahead and bought that cute little plug in filter, how is it working out for you? :)

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
If you went ahead and bought that cute little plug in filter, how is it working out for you? :)
You just woke up an old thread. I wonder what the OP decided to do. Not sure if we ever heard that. Now that its getting so cold I'm not sure I'd be wanting to go outside. I've been enjoying that feature of e-cigs at home and at work...especially on day like today in the Midwest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread