Vaporesso Gen mod firmware update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
Thanks for all your feedback and sorry for some of your troubles. Our engineers reviewed all your previous issues about the TC and we bought some TC wires which you were using to test and then come out the new firmware. It seems it did fix some issues for some of you, but not all the issues. Sorry for that. We didn't expect new issues coming out. We will review all your new issues again and forward it to our engineers. We might not be able to make it totally perfect, but we will try our best to make it better.

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
Hey guys, got this mod and tried it before from a friend loved it wanted to see if it did a good TC discovered in reviews that it had a DIY mode etc etc bla bla bla and now I have one.

First experience was, forget a TC where I can't choose wattage because I vape at low resistances and at low wattage mainly in kayfuns, so I don't really care if it has 3.0ohms or 0.3ohms, only a good coil that takes the power heats up and gives good vapor. Kayfuns unless you use 24g wire won't need more than 15W or it will taste burned.

So today I updated my Gen firmware, directly from 1.0(in the software said it was 1.01) to 1.3 didn't test the 1.2 firmware. I must say I hated the experience.
Since yesterday I turned on the mod, put my kayfun on it with an SS316L 26g 6 wraps rounded wire in it, went directly to DIY mode TCR 92 and 14W. Amazing vape. Loved it.

Today with the 1.3 firmware tried the STC and the DIY TC and..... mehhhh. It cuts the vapor down like after one second and then it comes back but... mehhhh... weak. It does what most of mods do, all the TCR and settings ok but... it cuts back the vapor... mehhh.

Got back home and luckly found the post where vaporesso shared the 1.0 firmware and I was way happy(this is not good) that I could reverse the update back to stock.
Conclusion now DIY mode SS316L tcr 92 14W kayfun prime amazing vape. LOVE IT. STC mode just did like... half a second test, waaaay burnt. So..
  • 1.0 STC forget it, you have to vape it in DL VG show off mode.And you can't choose wattage.
  • 1.0 DIY mode I like it, very nice TC, for me it has the innokin proton quality although it is not pretty much automatic, it's DIY and you have to know the values for the settings. But once you get it right, amazing.
  • 1.3 STC it's quite good because it doesn't burn like in 1.0 but it is very weak, we feel the vapor cutting back in the middle of the drag and it is not satisfying.
  • 1.3 DIY it's quite bad because it is like 1.3 STC, ok it doesn't burn but it is not satisfying.
What I would love? to see the exact 1.0 firmware DIY mode at least for SS. Good vape, it doesn't cut the vapor back and it doesn't even comes close to feel like burning or messing the flavour. But the STC being even better but kind of the one we have in the 1.3 firmware.

For now I'll forget STC and keep mine with the 1.0 firmware.
Sorry for your trouble, I will confirm with our engineers if they changed the start output of the TC mode in the latest firmware

Reactions: Horselady154

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
I feel like I'm the only one with an issue in pulse mode. No matter what tank I use, the resistance reads 0.15+ ohms higher than it should. I've taken those same tanks, put them on other devices and validate a correct resistance. I only got to use the mod for a month before I had to shelf it because I cannot accept this. I've waited to see if anyone else ran into this issue, but cannot wait any longer to ask how to get this fixed. I tried updating the firmware and that did nothing to solve the problem. Very disappointed that to date, I had an amazing device that has turned into an amazingly oversized paperweight.
Please make sure the coil to tank and tank to mod enough good. If the problem stills, please contact our CS team for help

Tattedmeebs

Nov 9, 2019
Please make sure the coil to tank and tank to mod enough good. If the problem stills, please contact our CS team for help
Believe me, that's the first thing I tried about 20 times in a row before upgrading firmware and trying 20 more times. I troubleshoot/diagnose in the vape shop i work at all the time and have tried every trick in my arsenal. Before I spend more time trying to contact customer service, what is the warranty on the device?

Coiso

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
Portugal
Sorry for your trouble, I will confirm with our engineers if they changed the start output of the TC mode in the latest firmware

Thanks for your feedback. I also had that issue when I tried the 1.3 firmware where when the screen is turned off, after 20 seconds I think, the vape was like at 5%... it produced vapor but it didn't feel like producing any. It happened once.
I think it didn't happen only when the screen turned off and then you pressed the fire button, because when it happened, it stayed that way for like, 5 minutes and then it came back to the STC/TC weaker than 1.0 TC vape.

Btw I also felt that in the 1.3 the fire delay was way bigger than in the 1.0 version, something like half a second also metioned in this thread by other user.

For now I've been with 1.0 vaping in manual TC mode and haven't had any special issues. Hope you guys can manage to make the manual TC mode something like the 1.0 version and the STC something like the 1.3 version but working even a bit better not cutting off the the draw.
Hope this feedback can help.

diogo_c

Oct 25, 2019
I am running Kylin M tanks with mesh at 210C and 28W

Hey mate, which mesh are you using on that tank?

Asking because I'm on a Profile RTA which can use the same meshes as the Kylin M. I'm using the Wikedy 231 Hole Mesh and tried 28W but it was far too low, I have to run it around 32-38W on the Gen regardless of the mode to get a good kick. 38W with VWS wielded the best results for me.

Cheers

pexuk

Oct 10, 2019
Hey guys, got this mod and tried it before from a friend loved it wanted to see if it did a good TC discovered in reviews that it had a DIY mode etc etc bla bla bla and now I have one.

First experience was, forget a TC where I can't choose wattage because I vape at low resistances and at low wattage mainly in kayfuns, so I don't really care if it has 3.0ohms or 0.3ohms, only a good coil that takes the power heats up and gives good vapor. Kayfuns unless you use 24g wire won't need more than 15W or it will taste burned.

So today I updated my Gen firmware, directly from 1.0(in the software said it was 1.01) to 1.3 didn't test the 1.2 firmware. I must say I hated the experience.
Since yesterday I turned on the mod, put my kayfun on it with an SS316L 26g 6 wraps rounded wire in it, went directly to DIY mode TCR 92 and 14W. Amazing vape. Loved it.

Today with the 1.3 firmware tried the STC and the DIY TC and..... mehhhh. It cuts the vapor down like after one second and then it comes back but... mehhhh... weak. It does what most of mods do, all the TCR and settings ok but... it cuts back the vapor... mehhh.

Got back home and luckly found the post where vaporesso shared the 1.0 firmware and I was way happy(this is not good) that I could reverse the update back to stock.
Conclusion now DIY mode SS316L tcr 92 14W kayfun prime amazing vape. LOVE IT. STC mode just did like... half a second test, waaaay burnt. So..
  • 1.0 STC forget it, you have to vape it in DL VG show off mode.And you can't choose wattage.
  • 1.0 DIY mode I like it, very nice TC, for me it has the innokin proton quality although it is not pretty much automatic, it's DIY and you have to know the values for the settings. But once you get it right, amazing.
  • 1.3 STC it's quite good because it doesn't burn like in 1.0 but it is very weak, we feel the vapor cutting back in the middle of the drag and it is not satisfying.
  • 1.3 DIY it's quite bad because it is like 1.3 STC, ok it doesn't burn but it is not satisfying.
What I would love? to see the exact 1.0 firmware DIY mode at least for SS. Good vape, it doesn't cut the vapor back and it doesn't even comes close to feel like burning or messing the flavour. But the STC being even better but kind of the one we have in the 1.3 firmware.

For now I'll forget STC and keep mine with the 1.0 firmware.
@Vaporesso_Chelsea mine is having the same issue

G-Fog

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2016
Canterbury, New Zealand
Hey mate, which mesh are you using on that tank?

Asking because I'm on a Profile RTA which can use the same meshes as the Kylin M. I'm using the Wikedy 231 Hole Mesh and tried 28W but it was far too low, I have to run it around 32-38W on the Gen regardless of the mode to get a good kick. 38W with VWS wielded the best results for me.

Cheers
I use both Vandy Vape Mesh in the strip form, as well as OFRF Mesh pre-made, in SS316, in all of my mesh kit.
Profile RDA and Profile Unity, Kylin M and Damn Vape Doom.

Scrubdog

Nov 24, 2019
Hi ECF fans,

Not sure if any of you already get the Gen mod in hand. How do you like it?

Your Gen will automatically detect the resistance of all your coils, BUT it will not automatically set anything for you UNLESS you're using a temperature control (TC) coil.

It'll ask you if you want to go into SMART TC mode - the smart means that it'll set the appropriate temperature for you
I know for some starters who prefer to use wattage mode, it might still be a good feature to recommend the wattage for you when attaching a new tank.

Now our engineers make an update to the firmware to add the smart mode in which will recommend both the resistance and wattage for you

Download on our website: https://www.vaporesso.com/download-manuals-for-vapes

So do you think this feature is nessesary or not? Comment to let us know
View attachment 830879

hi I have just recently bought a gen. It has the smart function on it should I still run the firmware update?

Scrubdog

Nov 24, 2019
Hi ECF fans,

Not sure if any of you already get the Gen mod in hand. How do you like it?

Your Gen will automatically detect the resistance of all your coils, BUT it will not automatically set anything for you UNLESS you're using a temperature control (TC) coil.

It'll ask you if you want to go into SMART TC mode - the smart means that it'll set the appropriate temperature for you
I know for some starters who prefer to use wattage mode, it might still be a good feature to recommend the wattage for you when attaching a new tank.

Now our engineers make an update to the firmware to add the smart mode in which will recommend both the resistance and wattage for you

Download on our website: https://www.vaporesso.com/download-manuals-for-vapes

So do you think this feature is nessesary or not? Comment to let us know
View attachment 830879

I think any mode that makes use more fail safe is a big plus

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
@Vaporesso_Chelsea Im gonna pick up a Gen very soon and I’m looking at a green one. I know these have come later then the original colors and was wondering if you can tell me what firmware I should expect to be loaded on a new green Gen mod? I’ve vaped for many years and have avoided downloading onto a mod so far and would like to keep it that way. Mainly because I down really have a computer and I don’t want to ask others for help. Thanks for any information you can provide me concerning the firmware

pexuk

Oct 10, 2019
@Vaporesso_Chelsea Im gonna pick up a Gen very soon and I’m looking at a green one. I know these have come later then the original colors and was wondering if you can tell me what firmware I should expect to be loaded on a new green Gen mod? I’ve vaped for many years and have avoided downloading onto a mod so far and would like to keep it that way. Mainly because I down really have a computer and I don’t want to ask others for help. Thanks for any information you can provide me concerning the firmware
I can't recommend this mod if you want to use TC

• Informative
Reactions: madstabber

Carmelo777

Nov 28, 2019
Hello guys, since my inquiry could be fixed with the software update and this is the most popular topic on Vaporesso GEN, I reckoned I will post my issue here:

I don’t understand the whole action sequence when screwing on an atomizer on it.

It asks if I want to "Load old" or "Load new". After pressing either, it scans the new coils resistance and returns to the same wattage, locked tc resistance settings (if setup), vaping mode. Naturally, I don’t understand, what’s the difference between pressing Old or New load, if they are doing exactly the same thing..?

For reference, I have tested how it works in a PULSE mode:

I have checked and I most certainly have Smart VW on. I'm using a 0.15 ohm atomizer. I have set my GEN to vape at 70 W.

When I screw an atomizer on and press "New Load" - mod automatically reduces Wattage from 70 W to 55 W.

When I screw an atomizer on and press "Old Load" - mod automatically reduces Wattage from 70 W to 55 W.

There is literally a zero difference between the two options. Could I have gotten a malfunctioning unit?

I have the latest, 1.3 Firmware installed.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I can't recommend this mod if you want to use TC
I don’t usually use TC, I have several mods that do a swell job at TC and while I enjoy it just fine, I don’t really need it because I take pretty short pulls and don’t get burnt hits. That being the case I don’t mind that tc doesn’t work well with this mod because I’d just go back to wattage even if it did work. More of a curiosity to me than a necessary vape mode. Thanks for the heads up though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread