Vaporesso Gen mod firmware update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pexuk

Oct 10, 2019
I don’t usually use TC, I have several mods that do a swell job at TC and while I enjoy it just fine, I don’t really need it because I take pretty short pulls and don’t get burnt hits. That being the case I don’t mind that tc doesn’t work well with this mod because I’d just go back to wattage even if it did work. More of a curiosity to me than a necessary vape mode. Thanks for the heads up though
Well, in wattage mode it works great out of the box. Notice that the resistance reading isn't good too, I usually get 10~20% higher resistance on gen's reading on v1.0 and 10~15% on v1.3. I think that newer gen's will be shipped with 1.0 firmware, so keep that in mind.

• Informative
Reactions: madstabber

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Can anyone explain what was changed from firmware 1.0 to the current firmware? My understanding is it’s just tweaks to the TC function but I’d like to hear from someone with first hand experience, @Vaporesso_Chelsea im looking at you. Also users familiar with the updates would be helpful. Thank you @pexuk for the information you have provided me. I’ve ordered a green one I found stateside so I should have it next week.

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
Can anyone explain what was changed from firmware 1.0 to the current firmware? My understanding is it’s just tweaks to the TC function but I’d like to hear from someone with first hand experience, @Vaporesso_Chelsea im looking at you. Also users familiar with the updates would be helpful. Thank you @pexuk for the information you have provided me. I’ve ordered a green one I found stateside so I should have it next week.
1. We enable the Smart VW mode which means it will automatically recommend the wattage for you when you attach a new coil
2. Our engineers make a fix that some TC wires might not be recognized or recognized incorrectly.
But now our engineers are testing and looking into more updates to be done according to the feedback

Reactions: madstabber

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Just got my Gen today and loving it. One mishap but was user error. I somehow changed settings to 100 watts on my 0.5 ohm coil and thought I was gonna be on the news as the first legit vaping death caused by nicotine vaping. Felt like I inhaled straight flames. Anyway got it running smooth and I’m seeing if this coil is totaled from the 100 watt hit or if the burnt flavor will dissipate. Just put it in otherwise I’d trash it but loving my green Gen so far, feels amazing, I can’t stop petting it my dog is getting jealous

varcetty

Jun 23, 2019
i really dont care about TC, but please
- show Voltage in watt/pulse mode, or Watt in voltage mode
it still can fit in the bottom right corner, or make watt smaller indicator

Thank You

hai @Vaporesso_Chelsea just wanted remind you again about this, PLEASE make it happen!
"show Voltage in watt/pulse mode, or Watt in voltage mode"
On the next update
Thank you

Reactions: rachanfa

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
@Vaporesso_Chelsea Please can you pass this message to your engineer team? To add an option in settings to NOT ask for smart tc when powering on.

It asks that every time the device is turned on, for the same atomizer.
Sorry for late reply. I will forward this to our engineers, maybe to make the smart TC as an optional setting which you can decide to turn it on or off.

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
hai @Vaporesso_Chelsea just wanted remind you again about this, PLEASE make it happen!
"show Voltage in watt/pulse mode, or Watt in voltage mode"
On the next update
Thank you
Thank you for this suggestion, it might because of the smaller screen, so it cant show all of them. But I will let them know and maybe update the UI in the future products.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I’m loving my Gen, why don’t all mods add the third menu button? It takes up such a small space and saves all the multi clicking of the fire button causing unneeded wear & tear on the most important button. Anyway @Vaporesso_Chelsea tell your mod designers to put the third menu button on all Vaporesso mods from here on out and your mods will sell better and be more popular. Vaporesso will be known as the company with common sense and home of the menu button mods. Oh and the reason I started this post. I see lots of people complaining about battery life and I’m experiencing the exact opposite. The batteries are lasting way longer in the Gen then my other mods under the same conditions. My mod came with firmware 1.3 and I was wondering did they change something in the later firmware that increases battery life? I figure that may explain the discrepancy in battery life I’m experiencing as opposed to other Gen users.

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
is it worth update the firmware? i'm currently on version 1.0 and only using pulse mode
when new update release?
thank you
The firmware update is more for TC mode. If you already enjoy the device under Pulse mode, you can keep it as it is. When any new firmware coming out, we will update

Astroviewer

Jan 17, 2020
Bulgaria
Hello first.I want to ask why my Gen doesnt read the batteries correctly?Dropping smoothly till about 40 ,35 %,and after that the battery goes down very very fast ,like 10 puffs and it is at 5%.Also the auto eco doesnt seems to ask me to turn it on.That occurs when vaping at VWM,ECO and PULSE.Just that fast battery drain after 40% isnt ok.I am using Sony vtc6 new pair of cells and the 0.2 QF coil at 50W.Does anyone have the same problem or issue,or is it normal?.I charge the batteries in the mod,dont use external charger.Please...tell me i am not on faulty mod:)TY

PoonikTourtik

Jan 9, 2020
Hello first.I want to ask why my Gen doesnt read the batteries correctly?Dropping smoothly till about 40 ,35 %,and after that the battery goes down very very fast ,like 10 puffs and it is at 5%.Also the auto eco doesnt seems to ask me to turn it on.That occurs when vaping at VWM,ECO and PULSE.Just that fast battery drain after 40% isnt ok.I am using Sony vtc6 new pair of cells and the 0.2 QF coil at 50W.Does anyone have the same problem or issue,or is it normal?.I charge the batteries in the mod,dont use external charger.Please...tell me i am not on faulty mod:)TY

Option 1:
buy new batteries

I use these and they have been great:

brown - LG HG2 18650 3000mAh Battery

Option 2:
Buy a new Gen mod and try your old batteries

sounds like bad batteries.

LG has some pretty good batteries. I also charge using the mod and have had no issues it’s been 6 months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread