Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
This is just a quick review of VaporJunction and a couple of items recently purchased...The Riva, CE 510 cartomizers.

To avoid the rambling and get straight to the meat and potatoes, check out the summary at the bottom of this post.

Link to:
The Riva:
There are some good Riva reviews out there, for a more in-depth look at the Riva, and CE cartomizers please check out the links at the end of this review.

The scope of this review is just some basic impressions from the Wafflestomper:

I love gigantic, over-the-top, overindulgent mods. That being said, I recently decided that I needed a break. I wanted something small, yet elegant and relatively low maintenance.

I needed something that wouldn't make me have an aneurysm trying to decide what atty/carto I wanted to vape, and at which voltage. I wanted something that didn't weigh 800 lbs, dragging my shorts around my knees making me look like a 30-something wanna-be gangsta.

I decided to go with the Riva in platinum. It is small, has a simple elegance and it's beauty holds up well sitting next to my shiny GGTS on my shelf. Looks great out on the Vegas strip, and makes me feel like James Bond.

TheRivaPlatinum.png

I had originally bought my Riva from Nhaler, and was so enamoured with it that I had to show it to a few friends that came down to the strip on my staycation.

This was a problem.... they all wanted to vape it. So both my batteries were commandeered by my friends, and I was stuck carrying my 8,000lbs Big Storm... not a problem, I love my Big Storm. But it occurred to me that between my friends and my over-zealous vaping fashion (I tend drain batteries, especially with LR cartos) I would need more batteries.

Thus began the search for a place that had the best prices and good service.

A link to:
VaporJunction
This lead me to VaporJunction. The had Rivas at great prices, located in sweet Alabama and run by Dexter, a great guy that used to stomp around with me in the Chuck forum.

image.php

So I thought I would give him a chance, and I am ever so glad I did. Dex answered all my question promptly and gave me unbiased information on all his products. He was more interested in me having a positive vaping experience than he was in making a sale. To me that speaks volumes, and really built my trust straight away.

Which is hard to do when your avatar is of a charismatic, sociopathic serial killer/cop. :D

So I ordered another set of Platinum Rivas, and two black Riva batteries with cones for my wife. I knew she would stick my dangly bits in our power juicer (another one of my compulsion buys... I just HAD to harness the power of juice...now it harnesses the power of dust) when she saw I had bought more vaping stuff... so I had to get her something to save my junk.

She was elated. The Riva finally got her off the KR808 and into 510 stuff. Now she drips, fills carts, and uses cartridges....something that was strictly verboten to her previously... and this has also made my life easier... as I don't have to fill her carts constantly anymore.... thanks for that... srsly.

I did manage to wrestle one of the new CE2 510 cartomizers from him to try out as well.

Yet another link to:
CE2 510 Cartomizers
Verdict is still out on what I think of these little dudes. Unlike standard cartos, they don't use filler. They hold about 1cc (1ml) of juice, and must be refilled with a syringe.

This is both a blessing and a curse. The lack of filler seems to produce a much more consistent, and cleaner tasting vape. The Vape doesn't seem as thick or heavy, but the draw is very nice and the flavor is great. They don't seem to take well to overfilling (but really what does?) and overfilling will result in a nice warm satisfying mouthful of juice.

510CE2Cartomizer.png

Filling with a syringe needs to be done with care, and may not be something you want to do in public. Also... recapping needles and accidental sticks are an ever present danger. After about four martinis I managed to stick myself in the finger, and I use dozens of needles everyday at work... please... be careful kids.

OwnedNeedleStick.jpg

I haven't messed with them to try an alternate filling method, but I'm sure someone has or will soon.

When these little guys come out in a "Low Resistance Mega" version... I will vape them all day, everyday.

***One-Handed Needle Recapping Method!!***

SUMMARY:

The Riva:

Pros: Great little device. Low Resistance cartos make this my new daily vaping device. The rubberized button has a great feel to it, and fires consistently. At around 750mAh, I can get a good half day of steady heavy vaping. Extra batteries are a must for any overindulgent vaper.
Cons: The chargers don't seem to like to use the wall adapter... I think they are charging, and they seem to work, but you never would notice from the indicator. Charging using the USB seems to charge a bit faster, or at least it seems that way, as the indicator light works.

CE 510:
Pros: Easy, mess-free refilling with a syringe. Provides a consisntent, and clean tasting vape. Holds 1cc of fluid, which is comparable to a standard carto, although standard cartos can squeeze a bit more juice in them with a bit more hassle.
Cons: Filling with a syringe will open the user to the possibility of a needlestick...not fun a'tall. Not very forgiving when overfilled, you will enjoy a mouthful of juice.

VaporJunction:
Pros: Great Great Great service with hyperspeed delivery from a damned nice guy. Knows his products, and answers questions promptly. The website is easy to navigate. The descriptions on the products reflect the item accurately and have a personal touch that makes me feel confident that he uses and is proud of the products he sells.

Did I mention he sells Halo Juices? A+ my man!

His prices crush a lot of his comptetition... this tells me they are more interested in vaping than getting rich. Those are the vendors that will get repeat business from guys like me for years to come.

Cons: Not much in the way of LR cartomizers... thats a personal beef. All my shopping could be done in one place if these little guys were for sale. With that in mind, he does offer a decent assortment of atomizers, in both stock and LR stlyes, but is a bit anemic in the HV category if that is your style.

So there it is, and thanks Dex.. I will be sending people your way, and will enjoy shopping with you in the future.

--waffle

Additional Reading/viewing:
Riva Video Review by CRK
Riva Review by Nena
Short Review on CE cartos and discussion by Mick37

EDIT: Plastic tipped filling syringes should be on the menu soon!

Last edited:

Nena

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
Greenville SC
Thanks for all the info Waffle! I love my Riva...it'sthe perfect PV for me.

Also, when you charge the Riva with the USB port the LED will turn green after about 1-1.5 hours. But it' not fully charged until around 3 hours....I didn't know that at first but then I went and read all the teeny tiny print in the booklet that came with it. My batteries seemed to work great after the shorter time but they do last a lot longer when I give them a full charge. I hope in later models they'll adjust that so the LED doesn't change color until it's fully charged.

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Thanks for all the info Waffle! I love my Riva...it'sthe perfect PV for me.

Also, when you charge the Riva with the USB port the LED will turn green after about 1-1.5 hours. But it' not fully charged until around 3 hours....I didn't know that at first but then I went and read all the teeny tiny print in the booklet that came with it. My batteries seemed to work great after the shorter time but they do last a lot longer when I give them a full charge. I hope in later models they'll adjust that so the LED doesn't change color until it's fully charged.

Yeah, I had started to notice that... Kind of a pain, noticed my units were going dead faster today, probably because I had assumed it was at a full charge.

Thanks for the heads up. Partly the reason I got a couple extra batteries to rotate, especially since my vaping is ridiculous.

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
Also, when you charge the Riva with the USB port the LED will turn green after about 1-1.5 hours. But it' not fully charged until around 3 hours....I didn't know that at first but then I went and read all the teeny tiny print in the booklet that came with it.

Hmmm, of course I didn't read the booklet very closely. Does this only apply when charging with the USB port, or also with the adapter in a wall outlet?

Good review, and VaporJunction is a very good vendor. I've emailed dexter a few times, and in each he has been very helpful and knowledgeable with my questions about product. He even went as far to recommend another supplier for a product he didn't currently have. Definitely someone you can trust when ordering a Riva or any other supplies you might need.

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Hmmm, of course I didn't read the booklet very closely. Does this only apply when charging with the USB port, or also with the adapter in a wall outlet?

Good review, and VaporJunction is a very good vendor. I've emailed dexter a few times, and in each he has been very helpful and knowledgeable with my questions about product. He even went as far to recommend another supplier for a product he didn't currently have. Definitely someone you can trust when ordering a Riva or any other supplies you might need.

The only thing I got from the booklet was to initially charge it for a full eight hours regardless if the light was green or not...

...never had to worry about that lol. I charged an empty battery for around 2 1/2 hours and it seemed to be pretty full. I guess one could test with a multimeter, but I would manage to injure myself with even that simple device. :D

Nena

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
Greenville SC

I haven't used anything but the USB charger, but the instructions refer to "charger" in a generic sense. So I assume that means both types of chargers. I just time it to three hours, ignore the LED and both my batts work fine.

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
Yea I just placed my first order with vaporjuction for the new CE2 510 cartomizers. I hope they are good. I did read somewhere that he's ordering up the newest style of these cartomizers in different attie types. I think he said Kr808, 401 and 510 all with the ceramic cup instead of the plastic cup. I also read that he's getting in the XL CE2 510 cartomizers as well which will hold more eliquid.

I am looking forward to trying these and will do a review on my findings. I sure hope they at least compare to the boge 510 cartomizers as far as vapor production and how long they last.

It sure would be nice to finally get rid of the filler type cartos.:vapor:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread